The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RIP Magblade PVP

• Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    not just that this class was allready bad enough and got nerfed multiple times now. next patch we also get another nerf.
    There is no point in playing a magblade in pvp anymore its done the class is absolute garbage. so many ppl use reflect nowadays there is rly no point in playing a magblade.

give people a classchange token or smthing. i personally dont wanna get grouped up with magblades in pvp im good but not that good to carry a useless class which will cloak in a corner and do nothing that contributes. i think im done with magblade im switching to my DK or stamsorc for pvp.

OK
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Don;t even respond to people like these, the arguments they make are just there for baiting, Working hard? Support developers? No life? Those are just buzzwords for shaming, the truth is that spoiler alert, everyone pays for this game, and just because, YOU *** suck at the game doesn;t mean you somehow have a life and better players, must not, It's bs, and it's an argument that is there only for the purpose of baiting, it's low iq reasoning.
    There's actually merit to the argument because ZOS themselves -- in patch notes and forum posts -- have specifically said that they have had a goal in ESO to lower the ceiling and raise the floor. In other words, dumb down the game so it's easier to play.

This has manifested in a variety of ways. For example, counterplay removed from ultimates like Soul Assault and Meteor, the gutting of Clouding Swarm, and even the initial introduction of Cloak lockouts.

As someone who has played a Nightblade for years and lately as a bit of a glassy magicka gankblade, I can say without hesitation that the players regularly we torture the most generally make a lot of mistakes or make choices that leave them vulnerable.

Sometimes that's intended -- like if they are playing a glass build like I am -- but usually it's because the player doesn't know how to build for AvA or are having problems reconciling their current build and playstyle. Then I see these players posting in the forums -- like the guys I actually kill in 1 or 2 GCDs -- demanding cloak be removed from the game.
    Edited by zyk on April 1, 2019 9:04AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I’m not sure if the reflection change will help magblade much, I’ll have to check it out myself.
    I mean, on the upside we won't accidentally kill ourselves now. On the downside, because DKs won't have to spam wings every 2 seconds because there's no cap, we'll probably see a 100% uptime on 50% damage mitigation, unless you're using concealed weapon ofc.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why the hate for Magdens, one of the lowest dps magicka toons, With no real stun and or an execute.
    NB got buffed last patch due to changes to how death stroke ulty is being calculated. Also, if rumors are true, NB will lose "Minor Berserk" on grim focus but will gain 'minor vulnerability' on teleport strike. Nothing is confirmed, only rumors, we'll have to wait for PTS.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why the hate for Magdens, one of the lowest dps magicka toons, With no real stun and or an execute.
    NB got buffed last patch due to changes to how death stroke ulty is being calculated. Also, if rumors are true, NB will lose "Minor Berserk" on grim focus but will gain 'minor vulnerability' on teleport strike. Nothing is confirmed, only rumors, we'll have to wait for PTS.

I agree. I have a magwarden alt because I wanted to test all the healer types. It was really OP sub 50, but once I got to cap the burst can be really nasty. Reflections are awesome against range, but you’re really vulnerable to melee.

NB losing minor berserk has nothing to do with magwardens having it. Looking at one ability in isolation is silly, you have to compare entire builds you can create.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't see myself playing magblade again if they continue to nerf it. It's a joke how strong stamblade is in comparison but I don't doubt every attempt they make to adjust stamblade they'll accidentally nerf magblade instead.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately magblade is in a very bad spot but to call them a waste of space in pvp is a bit of a stretch. They can still contribute and I can regularly get 1+ mil damage on him still. That being said with the heavy aoe and snare meta in pvp, I struggle and I’m a day 1 magblade. I can hop on my sorc and do everything my magblade can x2 with only losing cloak. I mean my sorc can even group heal haha. Magblade needs a serious look at, my suggestion was giving magicka nightblade back our cloak purge. If you weren’t around for this it might not sound like much but it was a huge, arguably largest nerf, we have received right up there with siphoning strikes nerf.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that a *** stretch.

Swallow soul - Nerfed,
    Refreshing path - Nerfed
    healing ward - Nerfed
    Healthy offering - Nerfed

Death stroke - Buffed

i'm really feeling the buffs dude. getting 1 buff does not mean the class was buffed when also given multiple crippling nerfs.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 2, 2019 4:35PM
    Invictus
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Magica nightblade is very bad at the moment. Destro/Destro, Destro/Resto or Magblade in pvp is broken.

I think that one of the changes should be 4 ticks for spectral bow proc and it should fire much faster.

Cloak is one of the main things that stands out and it should be re worked so it is much, much, much more reliable.

Swallow soul should be buffed 10%
    Up the hornz
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magica nightblade is very bad at the moment. Destro/Destro, Destro/Resto or Magblade in pvp is broken.

I think that one of the changes should be 4 ticks for spectral bow proc and it should fire much faster.

Cloak is one of the main things that stands out and it should be re worked so it is much, much, much more reliable.

No on first 2 as they could help stamblade. Ok maybe on the last one. The entire siphoning tree needs a buff save for maybe the ultimate, and there isnt much there for stamblade.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, scales wont reflect anymore, and even if it was an issue, this never made magblade useless, just awfull against DK when not playing insta-caluurion-stuffed-killers. just like bow users actually..

wait and see. still you're allowed to drop as many tears as you want while waiting :p
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where is any of this information even coming from? Class reps? They were at ZOS studios a long time ago testing, stuff probably changed since then. How about we wait until we read the patch notes and test before we crap on nerfs (which might not even happen)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Where is any of this information even coming from? Class reps? They were at ZOS studios a long time ago testing, stuff probably changed since then. How about we wait until we read the patch notes and test before we crap on nerfs (which might not even happen)

Agreed, plus you can’t look at changes in isolation.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s my daily request for giving us cloak purge back :)
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    not just that this class was allready bad enough and got nerfed multiple times now. next patch we also get another nerf.
    There is no point in playing a magblade in pvp anymore its done the class is absolute garbage. so many ppl use reflect nowadays there is rly no point in playing a magblade.

give people a classchange token or smthing. i personally dont wanna get grouped up with magblades in pvp im good but not that good to carry a useless class which will cloak in a corner and do nothing that contributes. i think im done with magblade im switching to my DK or stamsorc for pvp.

Good riddance! :trollface:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think magblade is dead, just ranged dps magblade due to reflections. In pvp a good DK or warden will get in your face and completely shut down all a ranged magblade’s damage.

Magblade healers and healer/dps are still effective, melee I’m not too sure about but I’ve been meaning to try it, I just want to see the upcoming class changes before making a spec....

The earlier they release the notes on PTS so I can get an idea of where things are going the better.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 8, 2019 3:36PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I don’t think magblade is dead, just ranged dps magblade due to reflections. In pvp a good DK or warden will get in your face and completely shut down all a ranged magblade’s damage.

Magblade healers and healer/dps are still effective, melee I’m not too sure about but I’ve been meaning to try it, I just want to see the upcoming class changes before making a spec....

The earlier they release the notes on PTS so I can get an idea of where things are going the better.

I really am hoping for notes today
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »
    People are blowing this nerf out of proportion.

Let's do the math.

If your tool tip says a skill does 10k damage, minor berserk will increase that skills damage by 800. Because damage is halved in pvp, this gain drops down to 400.

Given a tool tip of 10k damage, you are losing a whopping 400 dmg in pvp.

The loss of 400 dmg per cast in pvp isn't game breaking. It's hardly noticeable. What the loss of minor berserk affects the most is magblade solo target dummy dps parses.

Most tool tips are even lower than 10k dmg, further reducing the damage loss.

Plus, as others have said, magblade are getting a huge buff this patch because wings is getting nerfed (no longer reflecting spells).

So what does wings reflect if not spells? Not complainging about it, but this is a huge game change for dks in pvp. As for magnb, complainging about wings reflecting their just means they don't utilize the class very well.

MagNBs have veiled weapon, sure it's a melee, but not reflectable nontheless. Also fear is OP, very good cc against permblocks and many other situations.

I do agree that removal of minor beserk might affect nb dmg in general, but that doesn't mean they lack dmg to begin with, both magicka and stamina. Nbs have a lors of buffs/debuffs, if they need more dmg, they should utilize these skills. The stamblades use them, but they are mostly squishy if you catch them. You don't simply ask for high dmg and expect to be tanky or have high surviavablity as well. There should be a balance in between.

Just like how other classes need to adjust their bars when fighting nightblade, magnb should adjust and use other skills they don't normally use when they fight dks.

One does not simply ask to tank & deal high damage...
    Without rolling stamdk or stamden & soon to be stam-mancer
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Only solution is to remove nightblade from game and everyone will be happy. Nightblade is just too powerful compared to other classes and the people that play them just cant handle being brought inline. Zos please just delete class

I seriously think you are the only person on the forums that believes nightblade, magnb no less (as per this discussion), is TOO POWERFUL.

I’m gonna print this out & put it on my fridge.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

that a *** stretch.

Swallow soul - Nerfed,
    Refreshing path - Nerfed
    healing ward - Nerfed
    Healthy offering - Nerfed

Death stroke - Buffed

i'm really feeling the buffs dude. getting 1 buff does not mean the class was buffed when also given multiple crippling nerfs.

Were you just talking last patch or all time?

I would like to include the following:
    Sap - nerfed (heal)
    Ambush/lotus fan - nerfed (stun)
    Agony - changed imo nerfed (removed class based range CC)
    Cloak - nerfed (purge)
    Siphoning attacks - nerfed (resource return)
    Shade - nerfed (use to have longer range)
    Soul harvest - nerfed (use to not miss)
    Concealed - nerfed (use to go through dodge roll)

Speed - nerfed (we use to be the fastest class in Cyrodiil, now we are 3rd or 4th)
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    can someone link the post talking about all these changes? the only one i can find gives an example of cleave changes and nothing else. i cant find anything that mentions wings or minor berserk being changed
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can someone link the post talking about all these changes? the only one i can find gives an example of cleave changes and nothing else. i cant find anything that mentions wings or minor berserk being changed

Best to wait for PTS patch notes anyway because what was said might have changed since it was a while ago now.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "play like you want"-agenda really hasnt helped magblades that much.
    I would really like to see some buffs or changes for "underused" ablities like
    • Concealed Weapon
    • Refreshing Path (no longer worth running unless youre a 80k hp troll tank)
    • Malevolent Offering (both morphs)
    • Dark Shades (Shadow Image)
    Id also like to see some "Shade-Fixes" that enables using shade in destructable Environment like Ressources and Keeps again.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on April 15, 2019 3:07PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    The "play like you want"-agenda really hasnt helped magblades that much.
    I would really like to see some buffs or changes for "underused" ablities like
    • Concealed Weapon
    • Refreshing Path (no longer worth running unless youre a 80k hp troll tank)
    • Malevolent Offering (both morphs)
    • Dark Shades (Shadow Image)
    Id also like to see some "Shade-Fixes" that enables using shade in destructable Environment like Ressources and Keeps again.

Malevolent Offering is literally why PvP NB healer is a thing...

Concealed Weapon needs a buff for sure.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop crying
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Magden is currently much like how Magsorc was a year ago. Lots of survival but has a hard time actually making kills
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Thanks to light armor, the nerf to shields, and the nerf to healing ward, my monster set is reserved for a defensive bonus
    Seriously. Troll King is what makes my build playable without folding like a Kleenex.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well those were some lovely changes that are going to solve all of our problems... /s
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess ranged magblades were overperforming in pvp.

Minor invul on gap closer, increased sap essence damage and 7m burst heal do nothing for melee magblade or ranged magblade.

There was no compensation for the loss of minor berserk. In pve this is a non factor thanks to combat prayer, in pvp this was not a *** issue for magblades. Stamblades would have simply slotted whatever morph gave minor berserk, so why the hell did they not migrate that lost damage to other magicka abilities? Increase cripple damage or something ffs.

As a healer, im a little upset because its clear now more than ever that zos absolutely doesnt want healers to have any meaningful form of damage support in pvp. They dont want me to have a reliable kiting game, and i will see little value from the 7m self burst heal, honestly would a 28 meter burst heal on merciless to myself be overtuned? You give us such a powerful healing tool in the form of healthy offering and proceed to take steps every patch to make it almost impossible to manage its price.

6 person fear is cool i guess.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 15, 2019 7:49PM
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Are you on about minor beserk? Found it quite funny that the thing I read made it seem like it should be hard to get but warden gets to keep it....

No, they just get a free 8% damage with berserk having it on their bar, they get 11% total from their passives, in addition to the ability receiving cost reduction and now going into "rule breaker" category of giving major expedition for 6 seconds. Us Mageblades? Oh, let me throw on Teleport Strike to give minor vulnerability on one Target, then Mark Target to get major fracture, then maybe some double take for 4 second major expedition, or better yet, cripple which is a dot that steals speed dealing damage for 10 seconds, yet only gives major expedition for 4 seconds, then finally a real damage ability... Assassin Class being turned into "Hey guys, I'm gonna jump you in a few seconds! Get ready for me! *Aoe spam and located ... Dies*" class. Love it. We don't have bar space to be effective for all of those things. Been a Nightblade, Stam and Magic, since beta. We have the Siphoning skill line, but We no longer Siphon from others... ESO siphons from us now. 😪 Losing its fun and has been for a long time. Sad to see it dying
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on April 15, 2019 7:54PM