The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP Magblade PVP

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
not just that this class was allready bad enough and got nerfed multiple times now. next patch we also get another nerf.
There is no point in playing a magblade in pvp anymore its done the class is absolute garbage. so many ppl use reflect nowadays there is rly no point in playing a magblade.

give people a classchange token or smthing. i personally dont wanna get grouped up with magblades in pvp im good but not that good to carry a useless class which will cloak in a corner and do nothing that contributes. i think im done with magblade im switching to my DK or stamsorc for pvp.
Edited by Noctus on March 29, 2019 7:51AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you on about minor beserk? Found it quite funny that the thing I read made it seem like it should be hard to get but warden gets to keep it....
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 29, 2019 8:42AM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Are you on about minor beserk? Found it quite funny that the thing I said made it seem like it should be hard to get but warden gets to keep it....

in pvp forum its been asked alot for magblade buff even in general where we made a poll about which class is the weakest in pvp it came out to be magblade.

the nerf hits magblade and stamblade at the same time with no buffs in sight to magblades that would make em viable again in bg.

at the moment if u have magblades in ur team u can expect to loose. they are just waste of space and free kill in bg.

they cant even help properly to bring down swordboard users and dk. unlike sorcs they are projectile only. as i said rly a waste of space
    Edited by Noctus on March 29, 2019 8:10AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with mageblade is how predictable it is. The burst is so easy to telegraph and the burst takes way too long to build up again.

I agree about wings too - it's way too much of a hard counter. Why is swallow soul even reflectable? You PULL life from someone. It makes more sense for crushing shock to be reflected.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But my point was.... They take it away from nightblade but oh no, not warden! Warden can keep it!

Ironically, stamblade will still be able to get it white easilly as well with camo hunter
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is that information from?
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Yes great news :D
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Yes Yes great news :D

Great news it's taken away from stamblades, yes. But magblades? Nah man. I swear, I hate sharing the same class with stamina nightblades.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you seeing this? I could see them trying to go after burst potential but magnbs need much more in return
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with mageblade is how predictable it is. The burst is so easy to telegraph and the burst takes way too long to build up again.

I agree about wings too - it's way too much of a hard counter. Why is swallow soul even reflectable? You PULL life from someone. It makes more sense for crushing shock to be reflected.

Well, then there are good news for you, wings are getting nerfed next update too. No cap, but no reflecting either, instead they'll give 50% mitigation from projectiles.

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But my point was.... They take it away from nightblade but oh no, not warden! Warden can keep it!

Ironically, stamblade will still be able to get it white easilly as well with camo hunter

@Brrrofski You forgot the part where each Animal Companion slotted you get an extra 3% damage increase in the last passive so that 8% turns to 14% because wardens use the Netch too. And not to mention the wing ability only needs to be SLOTTED for the 8% damage while NB's need to actually use the skill to get the increase. The wing ability is almost like having Focus and Siphoning attack in one skill because they get recovery from the skill itself and the passive from the tree.

So odd to rid of it from the free classes and put it behind a paywall.

I am more concerned at how some people in the community are praising this rumor move from ZOS without seeing the big picture (AKA, putting this behind a paywall over examining where could this be easily accessed for all other classes regardless of needing a healer/resto).

And I share funny posts to my boyfriend about some of the NB complaints on the forum because he use to main a Stamblade (I a Mageblade) but finds it boring now. The amount of people who probably never played a Stamblade who complain is evident every week. Stamblade rotations are easy to notice and I find myself dodging them 90% of the time. My boyfriend dueled me on his Stamblade until I finally picked up how to counter a Stamblade so the only ones who get me now are the animation cancel kings/queens.

Edit: Not a nerf Warden comment.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on March 29, 2019 1:20PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      More proof ZOS is completely out of touch.

Truly, I have no faith in ZOS combat and gameplay design at all. They are only interested in appeasing idiots with fat wallets. And NBs feast, disproportionately, on idiots.
    • KhajiitFelix
      KhajiitFelix
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      zyk wrote: »

Truly, I have no faith in ZOS combat and gameplay design at all. They are only interested in appeasing people who actually work hard to get money and are ready to spend some cash on a shiny to support developers and developers reward them. And NBs feast, disproportionately, on people with a life

Fixed this

• zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Fixed this
      I know which bucket you're in.
    • hakan
      hakan
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Truly, I have no faith in ZOS combat and gameplay design at all. They are only interested in appeasing idiots with fat wallets. And NBs feast, disproportionately, on idiots.

nerfing wont help tho. people already want necro and it is very powerful from what ive seen. plus these classes dont even have the same playstyle so when they nerf them to sell new class, they might also lose players too.
    • Thanatos_inside
      Thanatos_inside
      ✭✭✭
      Magica nb is unplayable. Lets wait to kill stam now.
    • Noctus
      Noctus
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Truly, I have no faith in ZOS combat and gameplay design at all. They are only interested in appeasing people who actually work hard to get money and are ready to spend some cash on a shiny to support developers and developers reward them. And NBs feast, disproportionately, on people with a life

Fixed this

i as a whale dissaprove of this
    • zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The more information that comes out, the more depressing it gets.

Like Assassin's Will getting a completely unreliable heal. This makes no sense on a burst ability. An unreliable heal is practically useless.

NB is *supposed* to be a damage dealing class. Unlike Templars who want to damage on par with NBs, we don't want to heal like them. Unlike DKs who want to be able to deal damage like NBs, we don't want to tank like them. We want to be good at dealing damage. What is the point of classes if they're all good at the same things?

Furthermore, NBs lack damage layering abilities that other classes have -- Sorc, Templar, Warden and even DK can layer damage better. That's why we need hard hitting sequential damage to burst.

ZOS combat designers are like blinded men swinging violently in all directions. I can't even begin to imagine what they're thinking.
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Assassin's Will getting a completely unreliable heal. This makes no sense on a burst ability. An unreliable heal is practically useless.

NB is *supposed* to be a damage dealing class. Unlike Templars who want to damage on par with NBs, we don't want to heal like them. Unlike DKs who want to be able to deal damage like NBs, we don't want to tank like them. We want to be good at dealing damage. What is the point of classes if they're all good at the same things?

Furthermore, NBs lack damage layering abilities that other classes have -- Sorc, Templar, Warden and even DK can layer damage better. That's why we need hard hitting sequential damage to burst.

ZOS combat designers are like blinded men swinging violently in all directions. I can't even begin to imagine what they're thinking.

Its every class every role. Think similar to the race changes lol.

I just don't understand how they are going about it. They killed SAP tanks and healers. Killed magblades with over nerf of their favorite spammable a couple patches ago. They just seem too stubborn to acknowledge they were the ones that broke it.
      Edited by technohic on March 29, 2019 9:42PM
    • twing1_
      twing1_
      ✭✭✭✭
      People are blowing this nerf out of proportion.

Let's do the math.

If your tool tip says a skill does 10k damage, minor berserk will increase that skills damage by 800. Because damage is halved in pvp, this gain drops down to 400.

Given a tool tip of 10k damage, you are losing a whopping 400 dmg in pvp.

The loss of 400 dmg per cast in pvp isn't game breaking. It's hardly noticeable. What the loss of minor berserk affects the most is magblade solo target dummy dps parses.

Most tool tips are even lower than 10k dmg, further reducing the damage loss.

Plus, as others have said, magblade are getting a huge buff this patch because wings is getting nerfed (no longer reflecting spells).
      Edited by twing1_ on March 30, 2019 2:52AM
    • Bitmun
      Bitmun
      ✭✭✭
      Magica nb is unplayable. Lets wait to kill stam now.

meow
    • Savos_Saren
      Savos_Saren
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

You can still equip Slimecraw for extra crit and minor berserk.
      Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
      Savos Saren
    • thankyourat
      thankyourat
      ✭✭✭✭✭

To do that though you have to give up the damage or utility from the monster set you are currently using just too replace the damage you loss from the nerf. With magblade being as bad as it is right now I'm not really understanding this nerf. Most of the community already consider magblade the weakest class in PvP so and can't really survive another round of nerfs. Magblade damage is already easily avoidable so there isn't really a need for a nerf
    • Alucardo
      Alucardo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to light armor, the nerf to shields, and the nerf to healing ward, my monster set is reserved for a defensive bonus
    • universal_wrath
      universal_wrath
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      twing1_ wrote: »

Let's do the math.

If your tool tip says a skill does 10k damage, minor berserk will increase that skills damage by 800. Because damage is halved in pvp, this gain drops down to 400.

The loss of 400 dmg per cast in pvp isn't game breaking. It's hardly noticeable. What the loss of minor berserk affects the most is magblade solo target dummy dps parses.

Plus, as others have said, magblade are getting a huge buff this patch because wings is getting nerfed (no longer reflecting spells).

So what does wings reflect if not spells? Not complainging about it, but this is a huge game change for dks in pvp. As for magnb, complainging about wings reflecting their just means they don't utilize the class very well.

MagNBs have veiled weapon, sure it's a melee, but not reflectable nontheless. Also fear is OP, very good cc against permblocks and many other situations.

I do agree that removal of minor beserk might affect nb dmg in general, but that doesn't mean they lack dmg to begin with, both magicka and stamina. Nbs have a lors of buffs/debuffs, if they need more dmg, they should utilize these skills. The stamblades use them, but they are mostly squishy if you catch them. You don't simply ask for high dmg and expect to be tanky or have high surviavablity as well. There should be a balance in between.

Just like how other classes need to adjust their bars when fighting nightblade, magnb should adjust and use other skills they don't normally use when they fight dks.
    • zyk
      zyk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      1. That's still a net loss.
      2. It doesn't change the fact that a heal on Assassin's Will is a bad idea.

Magblade doesn't need any nerfs. ZOS needs to get its head out of its ...
      Edited by zyk on March 31, 2019 2:18PM
    • Drdeath20
      Drdeath20
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only solution is to remove nightblade from game and everyone will be happy. Nightblade is just too powerful compared to other classes and the people that play them just cant handle being brought inline. Zos please just delete class
    • Quaesivi
      Quaesivi
      ✭✭✭
      I think they should just give every nightblade a "free class change" token at this point because that seems to be the only way to salvage this situation.
      I've been playing a magblade for years, and I just can't find it in my anymore. I had a templar healer, was bored and switched my magblade gear to magplar, and I do better dmg while snoozing. And then can just swap gear on the fly and continue healing. How is that any fair?
    • twing1_
      twing1_
      ✭✭✭✭
      twing1_ wrote: »

Let's do the math.

So what does wings reflect if not spells? Not complainging about it, but this is a huge game change for dks in pvp. As for magnb, complainging about wings reflecting their just means they don't utilize the class very well.

MagNBs have veiled weapon, sure it's a melee, but not reflectable nontheless. Also fear is OP, very good cc against permblocks and many other situations.

I do agree that removal of minor beserk might affect nb dmg in general, but that doesn't mean they lack dmg to begin with, both magicka and stamina. Nbs have a lors of buffs/debuffs, if they need more dmg, they should utilize these skills. The stamblades use them, but they are mostly squishy if you catch them. You don't simply ask for high dmg and expect to be tanky or have high surviavablity as well. There should be a balance in between.

Just like how other classes need to adjust their bars when fighting nightblade, magnb should adjust and use other skills they don't normally use when they fight dks.

Wings will no longer reflect anything. Mitigates a flat 50% of projectile damage instead. There will no longer be a projectile limit though so it can work on an unlimited number of projectiles in the time it is up.

Edit: But I agree, berserk isn't needed. Tbh I'd much rather have the heal that is suggested with the proposed changes. And I agree too that wings didn't need a nerf. They were literally the easiest skill to counter: if you see someone use wings, stop casting projectiles at them.
      Edited by twing1_ on March 31, 2019 2:12PM
    • Iskiab
      Iskiab
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I’m not sure if the reflection change will help magblade much, I’ll have to check it out myself.

It’ll definitely help with cc, but the main source of self healing is still based on your damage done in swallow soul. Maybe that’s intentional for balance, IDK.

In pvp people block and run high mitigation, so the self healing really get reduced. Ends up being really hard to counter as a magblade, the tankier your opponent the easier time they have to whittle you down.
      Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
      Havoc Warhammer - Alair
      LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
      Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
      Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    • JinMori
      JinMori
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Fixed this
      I know which bucket you're in.

Don;t even respond to people like these, the arguments they make are just there for baiting, Working hard? Support developers? No life? Those are just buzzwords for shaming, the truth is that spoiler alert, everyone pays for this game, and just because, YOU *** suck at the game doesn;t mean you somehow have a life and better players, must not, It's bs, and it's an argument that is there only for the purpose of baiting, it's low iq reasoning.

Look, that guy is really good at fishing, he must not have a life, look that guy is really good at "insert thing here" he must not have a life if he;s that good, i find it funny though that this standard applies only for gaming, even though going by the same line of logic you could pretty much use it for anything.

And while this change doesn't bother me too much, these kind of arguments really get on my nerves, which essentially is the purpose of bait.

Anyway i hope they will replace it with something a bit more interesting, and not just remove something.

By the way, to me paying 15 dollars for a motif, or something like that, it just seem that you are not very good with money and you fall into the trap of microtransaction, but yea, support devs, keep telling yourself that.
      Edited by JinMori on April 1, 2019 3:54AM