Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since ZOS is supposedly nerfing snares and wings....

• Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be bottom of the pile, but stam dk isn’t a fun option in PvP. I’d rather play Stamden or Stamblade.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...can DKs finally get a *** execute? Our melee-based class has to rely on snares to slow down targets to *hopefully* whittle them down while, of course, we're getting pummeled from ranged builds. You've beaten the hell out of our tankiness with strong bleeds and oblivion damage while simultaneously nerfing the *** out of our "perma blocks".

Let's not forget that the whole "permablocking" hate is because DKs use spell/physical resistances to protect them while attempting to do high damage. But, ironically, it's no different than a Sorc using magicka-based wards to protect them while doing high damage. Or no different than a NB using cloak to suppress DOTs and "miss" undodgable skills to immediately reengage a target with high damage attacks. The same can be said with Templars using high heals and purges to ignore damage while bursting down targets. And Wardens, of course, with their heals/tankiness/burst.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can we possibly get an answer? I know that you're nerfing all the classes- but can you please, for the love of all that is unholy, make the classes a little more balanced? Or is this just ZOS's way of *** over classes so that buying a Necromancer is a guarantee?

Currently DKs, Wardens and NBs needs some serious nerfs to CC skills. To win steam roll BGs its not rocket science with 4 DKs or stamdens or NBs ans stream roll the BGs. StamDK is top of the hierarchy. Pertify and fear needs some serious nerf . Its what making DKs super op now is stam drain poison along with CCs with no counter. No class should have such uncounterable skills. If you get petrify followed by 2 dawnbreaker you are instant death.
    No mage class can escape this garbage. Another God mode is 4 permafrost wardens with spin to win sub assault. Only way to escape is rng .

FYI, I wont play BG if I dont have atleast 2 DK or warden in my team. Its stupidly difficult. DK nerf is long overdue for PVP. I am pretty sure some noob streamers will oppose this. But it has to be done for the game. Only person I have respect is Alcast , who gives unbiased most of the times. Most are complete garbage. No other game will give them ***.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 29, 2019 6:02PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    likecats wrote: »
    DKs can now have perma 50% projectile damage reduction. This is unique, very strong in 1vX, balanced in 1v1 and Xv1.

how is this balanced in 1v1 or Xv1? I'm honestly curious.

Ask a MagBlade.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranged damage. Maybe the new wings will reduce birds and force shock. Maybe all ranged damage and maybe that’ll include things like meteor. Maybe it’ll include the new necro skills that wings wouldn’t protect against anyway.

@SkysOutThizeOut - from my understanding... it's only "projectiles". So, it will probably only be effected by the same abilities as before.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...can DKs finally get a *** execute? Our melee-based class has to rely on snares to slow down targets to *hopefully* whittle them down while, of course, we're getting pummeled from ranged builds. You've beaten the hell out of our tankiness with strong bleeds and oblivion damage while simultaneously nerfing the *** out of our "perma blocks".

Let's not forget that the whole "permablocking" hate is because DKs use spell/physical resistances to protect them while attempting to do high damage. But, ironically, it's no different than a Sorc using magicka-based wards to protect them while doing high damage. Or no different than a NB using cloak to suppress DOTs and "miss" undodgable skills to immediately reengage a target with high damage attacks. The same can be said with Templars using high heals and purges to ignore damage while bursting down targets. And Wardens, of course, with their heals/tankiness/burst.

Can we possibly get an answer? I know that you're nerfing all the classes- but can you please, for the love of all that is unholy, make the classes a little more balanced? Or is this just ZOS's way of *** over classes so that buying a Necromancer is a guarantee?

Currently DKs, Wardens and NBs needs some serious nerfs to CC skills. To win steam roll BGs its not rocket science with 4 DKs or stamdens or NBs ans stream roll the BGs. StamDK is top of the hierarchy. Pertify and fear needs some serious nerf . Its what making DKs super op now is stam drain poison along with CCs with no counter. No class should have such uncounterable skills. If you get petrify followed by 2 dawnbreaker you are instant death.
    No mage class can escape this garbage. Another God mode is 4 permafrost wardens with spin to win sub assault. Only way to escape is rng .

FYI, I wont play BG if I dont have atleast 2 DK or warden in my team. Its stupidly difficult. DK nerf is long overdue for PVP. I am pretty sure some noob streamers will oppose this. But it has to be done for the game. Only person I have respect is Alcast , who gives unbiased most of the times. Most are complete garbage. No other game will give them ***.

@Priyasekarssk
    The issue is that mDKs lack mobility and an execute. The snares (which are about to be nerfed) and CCs are what the class relies on to whittle down opponents... if ZOS reduces snares and nerfs their CCs- then ZOS needs to add higher burst damage or an execute.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monsieur wrote: »
    It may not be bottom of the pile, but stam dk isn’t a fun option in PvP. I’d rather play Stamden or Stamblade.

Well yeah. Stamblade is the best designed stam class option in the game, and Warden was developed well after stam became an option the developers considered. Necro will fall in to that boat as well, and likely have reasonable well thought out options for stam play.

The other three classes just don't have the synrgistic mesh of morphs and passives that are as good.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm not too sure how to feel about this change. It seems to be a buff (maybe?) for 1vX which is great. On the flipside it seems to be a change made because a: magblade sucks and they want reflect to be nerfed rather than change magblades kit and b: zerglings want this skill nerfed because they don't understand to stop using reflectable abilities on the DK. People should probably wait till PTS is released though before they start burning down the forums.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    magblade88 wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    How is it a nerf? 50% damage reduction with no target cap. So you can use wings in a rotation with 100% up time like how it was at launch. It's not like people died to reflect anyway. Anyways, seems like a buff outnumbered imo.

Also that whip change sounds strong...

so pretty much benefits MagDK only. how's StamDK?

Oh right, instead of insta-kill with 1 arrow, we get to get hit with 2 arrows.

Oh wait! in Cyrodiil gank builds always animation-cancel to 2 arrows at a time! Great!

/s

You do realize if you turn your in game audio up you can hear snipe going off and have plenty of time to dodge... Funny I cant even recall the last time I died to a snipe gank... i do remember getting plenty of hate tells accusing me me of running miats though.

You do realize 90% of the time the sound doesn’t even go off and you don’t realize you’re being sniped until 5 hit you at once

True. However, the change to cast time (which is just reverting a change made a while back) and reduction in damage won't fix that. A much longer cast time or a reduction in the damage from subsequent snipes (on some kind of cooldown - like the cost increase on streak or roll dodge) will help reduce snipe stack problems.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've beaten the hell out of our tankiness with strong bleeds and oblivion damage while simultaneously nerfing the *** out of our "perma blocks"

I'd like to point out that there are loads of DK's in Cyrodiil who build for pure survivablity/permablock. This players will walk up, hold block, and tank 10+ people until someone smart enough to run fear walks up (usually me). The only thing that kills these types of players is:
    1: Eventually more people show up and there's simply too much damage. Usually a LOT of people are needed.
    2: CC them with fear on cooldown.
    It's players like these that are killing your playstyle and while it's unfortunate, it has to be addressed.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    You've beaten the hell out of our tankiness with strong bleeds and oblivion damage while simultaneously nerfing the *** out of our "perma blocks"

I'd like to point out that there are loads of DK's in Cyrodiil who build for pure survivablity/permablock. This players will walk up, hold block, and tank 10+ people until someone smart enough to run fear walks up (usually me). The only thing that kills these types of players is:
    1: Eventually more people show up and there's simply too much damage. Usually a LOT of people are needed.
    2: CC them with fear on cooldown.
    It's players like these that are killing your playstyle and while it's unfortunate, it has to be addressed.

@Blinkin8r

I mean... those playstyles are just trolly tank builds that don't actually do a whole lot of damage. They're literally "tanking" by drawing aggro away from keeps/objectives because PUGs will waste time trying to kill them. Honestly, that playstyle gets boring really fast.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya, nerfing our present classes to make a p2w class viable and necessary if you wish to be really competitive is getting old. The warden I thought wow that is really close to OP. I see the necromancer being way worse than warden was. This is not something I want from my game devs. Think I'm gonna wait till they bring necro in line with the rest of Nirn before I return. They need to get their *** together.
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on March 29, 2019 8:12PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Priyasekarssk
    The issue is that mDKs lack mobility and an execute. The snares (which are about to be nerfed) and CCs are what the class relies on to whittle down opponents... if ZOS reduces snares and nerfs their CCs- then ZOS needs to add higher burst damage or an execute.

Mage Dk is king of pvp among mage classes. But they struggle against stamina as of now . Mage DK still pull chains but mageplar lacks that. I won't mind dps boost for mage dk provided ccs are in line with other classes and can be countered in any way. Stam dk is on another level abusing pertrify. Same as stamsorc abusing streak. Stamsorc on orc set up is block free damage migitation. Stam NB uses fear and cloak. No mage class can use stam ability and no incentive for having extra stam apart from break free/blocking. Most of the time stam sits there uselses , but when needed its not enough to save you.
    4 stam DK can kill a mage Dk or mage sorc or any mage class except NB quite easily and no way to escape in open world . But a stamDK can definitely escape 4 Mage DKs or mage sorcs . Stam sorc no way to catch.
    I am not why ZOs not looking into it.
    Mage DK needs some compensation for CCs without blowing up stam dk to the top of roof. Not stam DK.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 29, 2019 8:33PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snares are a nerf to permafrost wardens imo. It's not like dk's used cinderstorm much with it's small radius.

Permafrost is mess in current state, snare reduction is good and no doubt permafrost need this nerf!
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snares are a nerf to permafrost wardens imo. It's not like dk's used cinderstorm much with it's small radius.

Permafrost is mess in current state, snare reduction is good and no doubt permafrost need this nerf!

@IxSTALKERxI @Lord_Dexter

Cinderstorm isn't a DK's only snare. We have a passive that applies snares when we use our Ardent Flame abilities. (All of Ardent Flame's passives really need a rework, honestly) I'm not sure if ZOS plans to bring all snares down to 40% or reduce all snares by 40%.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@IxSTALKERxI @Lord_Dexter

Cinderstorm isn't a DK's only snare. We have a passive that applies snares when we use our Ardent Flame abilities. (All of Ardent Flame's passives really need a rework, honestly) I'm not sure if ZOS plans to bring all snares down to 40% or reduce all snares by 40%.

Yeah I know, not sure. Was just talking about 70% snares in game which are biggest offenders, will have to see what they do to the other ones, ardent flame is only 30%.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm laughing at people who think Minor Defile on Lethal Arrow is a nerf. Tells me people don't understand PvP at all.
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I'm laughing at people who think Minor Defile on Lethal Arrow is a nerf. Tells me people don't understand PvP at all.

Yeah, now every snipe will apply both Major, and Minor Defile.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »

Yeah, now every snipe will apply both Major, and Minor Defile.

Correct, I’ll slap disease enchant on my Torugs using sniper and go to town with two defiles now.
  • OgreShlong
    Leap is our execute. The problem is it is often somehow dodged even though its an undodgable skill, alot of the time you leap people mid dodge roll and it gets blocked. Would be great if it actually worked.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not too sure how to feel about this change. It seems to be a buff (maybe?) for 1vX which is great. On the flipside it seems to be a change made because a: magblade sucks and they want reflect to be nerfed rather than change magblades kit and b: zerglings want this skill nerfed because they don't understand to stop using reflectable abilities on the DK. People should probably wait till PTS is released though before they start burning down the forums.

There is a floor to your logic as is the floor to the reflective part of the skill. At the higher end people will slot skills that bypass wings. If they reworked the NB kit to where they have skills to do so also then there would literally be no reason to slot wings...

Everyone would be bypassing them. .. then... insert buff wings thread....
    The problem is the skill hard counters instead of doing what all other shield types in the game do which is mitigate the damage.

The skill is broken and floored and forces certain classes into alternate builds.
    If your answer is to slot other skills then you yourself are telling people to make wings obsolete...strange notion really...

• Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Yep ..nerf snares so our stam breatheren can be immortal again by just running away...
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Priyasekarssk

Mage Dk is king of pvp among mage classes. But they struggle against stamina as of now . Mage DK still pull chains but mageplar lacks that. I won't mind dps boost for mage dk provided ccs are in line with other classes and can be countered in any way. Stam dk is on another level abusing pertrify. Same as stamsorc abusing streak. Stamsorc on orc set up is block free damage migitation. Stam NB uses fear and cloak. No mage class can use stam ability and no incentive for having extra stam apart from break free/blocking. Most of the time stam sits there uselses , but when needed its not enough to save you.
    4 stam DK can kill a mage Dk or mage sorc or any mage class except NB quite easily and no way to escape in open world . But a stamDK can definitely escape 4 Mage DKs or mage sorcs . Stam sorc no way to catch.
    Mage DK needs some compensation for CCs without blowing up stam dk to the top of roof. Not stam DK.

I am not entirely sure how you can seriously say that stam DK is OP in any way. Anything sDK can do literally every other class can do faster AND better.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Priyasekarssk

I am not entirely sure how you can seriously say that stam DK is OP in any way. Anything sDK can do literally every other class can do faster AND better.

I've said it before. 7th, Fury and veteran players are carrying this class. Except for duels, stamWarden does it all better with the same sets.

I also have a feeling those sets are gonna be nerfed in the next update.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsieur wrote: »

They clearly WANT you to play stamnecro.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKs aren't mobile? Is that serious? DKs literally have magicka shuffle, 50 million forms of stam return to sprint forever, a source of major expedition, healing amps that aren't tethered to an area. All the while having the toolkit to make sure you CANNOT move.

If you are saying DK isn't mobile you're in absolute denial.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [deleted my comment - thread was linked to me and i didnt realize how old it was]
    Edited by Dottzgaming on April 11, 2019 11:15PM
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    DKs can now have perma 50% projectile damage reduction. This is unique, very strong in 1vX, balanced in 1v1 and Xv1.
    Not sure why people are calling it a nerf, they removed the 4 projectile cap. It's a great balance change overall. It's an overall buff aside from dueling magblades basically, which is great because the old wings were basically rock-paper-scissors.

It is a grate nerf. Not balane not boost. We will get much much more damage if even it reflecting 2 projectiles. Yes it protect from 50% damage from projectile but do not orotect from oblivion damage+ dot + effect + stun + decrease heal ability connected to it. It is not balancing - it is just ***. Better give us good damaging range execute than. This skill will be unplayable. It was the only one reason i do not use bow ! Becouse projectile returns from dk. Now i just can take bow and just spam oblivion+debuffs+dots any player and not afraid that it will noy work or be returned. It kills the skill. It is useless now!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people are calling it a nerf, they removed the 4 projectile cap. It's a great balance change overall. It's an overall buff aside from dueling magblades basically, which is great because the old wings were basically rock-paper-scissors.

It is a grate nerf. Not balane not boost. We will get much much more damage if even it reflecting 2 projectiles. Yes it protect from 50% damage from projectile but do not orotect from oblivion damage+ dot + effect + stun + decrease heal ability connected to it. It is not balancing - it is just ***. Better give us good damaging range execute than. This skill will be unplayable. It was the only one reason i do not use bow ! Becouse projectile returns from dk. Now i just can take bow and just spam oblivion+debuffs+dots any player and not afraid that it will noy work or be returned. It kills the skill. It is useless now!

You are wrong and I can't wait till the patch is out and all you people saying that this a nerf eat so much crow.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow players really claiming the changes to wings are a buff....

Let me tell you. Its not.

Compared to Nightblade combination of cloak and dodge wich is basicly a 100% mitigation from projectiles and speaking about cloak also from dots its completly ***.

Back then when wings had a duration of 4 seconds and no snare removal literally no one used them. Now everyone loosing their minds cause their pew pew sniper builds cant kill a decent DK.

I also wonder whats the morph Options will be. One will ofc remain the snare removal/immunity but what about the other who increased the damage of the reflected projectiles? Guess we will see on monday. But still, 50% damage mitigation instead of reflecting 4 projectiles is a nerf.
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Wow players really claiming the changes to wings are a buff....

Let me tell you. Its not.

Compared to Nightblade combination of cloak and dodge wich is basicly a 100% mitigation from projectiles and speaking about cloak also from dots its completly ***.

Back then when wings had a duration of 4 seconds and no snare removal literally no one used them. Now everyone loosing their minds cause their pew pew sniper builds cant kill a decent DK.

I also wonder whats the morph Options will be. One will ofc remain the snare removal/immunity but what about the other who increased the damage of the reflected projectiles? Guess we will see on monday. But still, 50% damage mitigation instead of reflecting 4 projectiles is a nerf.

It is more than nerf. It make skill useless for me. The most problem was not damage from projectiles but poisons, debuffs and stunns. I can heal from projectiles. But it do not let proc sloads, enchants, debuffs, controll me from range. Sliad me or oblivion damage me. But now - it do nothing. No protection at all. Sorc and NB are much more protect ! Invis or jump forvard = haha cant touch me get no damage at all. What the hell?