The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How will you play through Elsweyr resp. play your necromancer?

• JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will use dark powers to necro some embarrassing threads ZOS hoped would die and stay dead, such as campaign performance.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will play through Elsweyr with an other/current character and might level Necromancer seperatly?
    I will do the story line on my first character who has done all other DLC, dungeons, trials. I will create 2-3 Necromancers depending on how many character slots are available (I have all 15 full right now), but they will be dormant for ~6 months just training riding, some crafting skills, researching, pretty much what I always do on the new characters. At the end of October, during the Witches Festival I will speed level them in Maelstrom, then I will start collecting skill points to make them viable for combat. I doubt they will make it to Elsweyr in the near future, since I prefer getting the ones in the main game area and the older DLCs. For most characters I stop at Summerset since I can fill everything I need with skill point available.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm going to quest through Elsweyr on my Stamblade and Magsorc and NOT create a Necromancer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play through Elsweyr with an other/current character and might level Necromancer seperatly?
    My main is the achievement hound, so it goes through first. Then I will level a Magicka and Stamina Necromancer. I like to have a Magicka and Stamina version of each class so I’m ready for anything. This will take me to 12 characters.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I haven't decided yet.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will level the Necromancer by playing through the main story campaigns (Cold Harbor etc) and return to Elsweyr later
    Wanted a necro since the start.

So this is what I'm going to do.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive got mains that do all of the zones. Not sure when or how I'll level a necro
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I will try to play Elseweyr, get bored and distracted because combat is so mind-numbing in quest content, and end up never finishing.

Veteran quest mode please :/
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will play through the Elsweyr campaign with a newly created Necromancer
    Going all in! Cant wait!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have yet to touch Murkmire, saving for my necro also have barely touched Morrowind or Summerset.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Sticking with my DK for the first run because Dragons so DragonKnight...ok?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to do it on my Sorcerer because he's my achievement toon, being my main. I'll play through on the Necromancer also however, but unless we can class change I will always have to do everything first on my Sorcerer even if I end up preferring the play style of the Necromancer and want to make him my new main. I'm just not going to do EVERYTHING again for all of the achieves, ya know? It's too much LOL.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on March 26, 2019 3:03PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my main character.
    I'm not that excited about the Necromancer.
    I'm worried about how ZOS will make it balanced combat wise.
    Stamina Warden is by far the most OP class+build in the game in PVP and PVE(stamina Nightblade is close behind), so it is kind of proves my point.
    Edited by Universe on March 26, 2019 3:10PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'll do the story with my main and probably not leveling a necro.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always play the new content with my first character, a crafter. Who also happens to be a Khajiit :) . I do it this way so I can pick up the new crafting locations, skyshards, etc, on that character. At some point, all my characters will run through Elsweyr to pick up the skyshards, but I'll do the story with only a few of them. As for playing through with my necromancer, I'll level it up in areas that have crappy set drops then maybe take it to Elsweyr.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    B and C Both actually
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually I make a new character just to experience the new tutorial, then take my main through the zone story. I think this time I'll do it differently and take my new character through the zone first.
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    My main will go through the story first, but while I do that I might take breaks to start my necromancer on the base game story and play around with the class. It'll be awhile before said necromancer gets to Elsweyr though, as I prefer to play the main stories in chronological order on each character.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The first thing I have to do is really get a grasp on what Necromancers can do so I can figure out how I'd most like to play one. Already have a couple names held so I'm good there. And then as soon as humanly possible, take it out to Cyro. Unless its just rubbish for some reason. Then I won't build one at all.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I wont play through the Elsweyr campaign with a newly created Necromancer or other/current character
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i first played morrowind I made a warden to play the main questline, i wanna do the same on my new necromancer
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm undecided whether to even buy Elsweyr. Partly it's out of annoyance at having to pay crowns for an extra character slot, and partly out of grind fatigue.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    None of the options are a match for me:

I will never play a necromancer, and I'm not sure I'll buy Elsweyr yet... probably yes, but not sure... I'm mostly waiting until the "balance" changes are revealed, I won't buy it if what it comes with it is another Morrowind-type depredation of existing classes to make room for the new class.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Wont touch the necromancer, as its kinda lorebreaking if you join the magesguild.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Huyen wrote: »
    Wont touch the necromancer, as its kinda lorebreaking if you join the magesguild.

What they don't know...
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Not playing it
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will play through Elsweyr with my current character.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will level the Necromancer by playing through the main story campaigns (Cold Harbor etc) and return to Elsweyr later
    i will rework the whole my character system (once again, I hope the last time).
    All my alts will start from Coldharbor again. Riding skills once again... Skyshards... Books...
    I hope Necromancer will be the last class in ESO
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I will create 2 jiit (stam and mag) necros to go with my other 9 jiits. i will level both to cp in ~1 hour each, by maxing alchemy and enchanting and then using sealed writ crafting and exp scrolls. then i will use my newly minted max cp necros to do the first pass of the content in elsweyr before i do the content with my other 9 jiits.
    Edited by karthrag_inak on March 26, 2019 8:03PM
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to play the entire game through again and switch my main to the Necromancer.

It's been five years since I did most of the content so I can't even remember some quests/NPC's should be a nice experience to do.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."