The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elsweyr Prologue Quest

FinneganFroth
FinneganFroth
✭✭✭✭✭
Congrats ZOS. That was a fun quest with a beautiful ending. Can't wait for the next chapter after running around with Abnur today.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **Spoilers**

It was marvelous. I also loved being in the trailer :D . And absolutely geeked out at the mention of the Numidium lol.

Good Job and thanks ZoS <3

Edited by Loves_guars on March 25, 2019 10:45PM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad, once again, there is exactly 0 difficulty in any of the fights. I fear that it'll be the same for anything in the Elsweyr expansion :(

Two-shotting dragons will be so sad.
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won’t they make them world or Trial bosses? Unless there are baby ones too 🐉
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Too bad, once again, there is exactly 0 difficulty in any of the fights. I fear that it'll be the same for anything in the Elsweyr expansion :(

I don't understand why ZOS keeps doing this. I hate when I kill a boss, human or not, with a few light attacks. And this if I am the only one hitting him.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sedi wrote: »

Baby dragons! <3

I loved the quest. The design of the Halls in the last part was awesome, as well as the seal breaking and the dragon animations at the very end. It was great having Alfred Molina reprising his role as Abnur Tharn, his voice acting was again top notch. I also enjoyed Khamira's, and look forward to further adventures with them. The puzzles could have been a little more complicated, I got them all on first try, but I guess it's nice they didn't take a lot of time. For those wondering how Euraxia got the location of the Halls in the first place, there is a letter on the table in the area you speak with Tharn and Khamira to finish the quest; I was about to hit the forums with questions about that, but then read the letter, and was like 'ahh' :D
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I really enjoyed it.

"Half sister."
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too thought it excellent. Beautiful and interesting. And was glad to have Alfred Molina back.

Not too bothered about the fights as only prologue.

Would have liked to have had the opportunity to have SOME kind of discussion with Tharn about his behaviour at the end of the main quest though. As what he’s been up to since. But at least he kinda acknowledges he has previously met you - wonder if different if not completed main questline?
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those damn half-sisters...
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that we vets are not the only ones playing. New players without CP or gear, or MMO knowledge really struggle to kill some bosses, I've seen it with my very eyes with friends and they are not idiots.

I guess we can remove CP and gear, although not very epic, at least it would make the fights more difficult if you wish to.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but he cant hold the portal indefinitely
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that we vets are not the only ones playing. New players without CP or gear, or MMO knowledge really struggle to kill some bosses, I've seen it with my very eyes with friends and they are not idiots.

I guess we can remove CP and gear, although not very epic, at least it would make the fights more difficult if you wish to.

Yep, this. Tough to balance it for all levels I suppose.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when you only had to shout at them.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    sedi wrote: »

Baby dragons! <3

I loved the quest. The design of the Halls in the last part was awesome, as well as the seal breaking and the dragon animations at the very end. It was great having Alfred Molina reprising his role as Abnur Tharn, his voice acting was again top notch. I also enjoyed Khamira's, and look forward to further adventures with them. The puzzles could have been a little more complicated, I got them all on first try, but I guess it's nice they didn't take a lot of time. For those wondering how Euraxia got the location of the Halls in the first place, there is a letter on the table in the area you speak with Tharn and Khamira to finish the quest; I was about to hit the forums with questions about that, but then read the letter, and was like 'ahh' :D

I definitely agree with you about Alfred Molina voicing Abnur Tharn. He does a damn fine job, and is one of the best voice actors in the game, IMHO.
    Edited by Smitch_59 on March 26, 2019 5:42AM
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    ****spoiler***
    The quest was awesome and as soon as I saw those dragons flying out my husband turned to me and asked me why am I screaming like a little girl lol. I said 'dragons!!!! There are dragons wooow'.

Yeah. Prologue is very well done. I do wish Abnur Tharn showed a little more respect towards our character. I am sure I proved my worth during the main quest line.
    Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this is what bores me in any eso story content. It's mind numbingly easy. Like, I wanna enjoy the story but I find myself falling asleep while doing the quests... Overworld should be harder but then how would it be balanced for newer players... That damned one tamriel! xD
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is overworld PvE, what were you expecting? You want new players trying to quest through vet dungeon difficulty?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was fun, but repetitive...
    And then the final moment was well, over very quickly.
    There was a lot of build up to this..then what, 2 seconds?
    The characterisation and environment art were neat :) Ty those teams.
    Hopefully the quests in the zone have more thought into what happens in them, like the awesome Mire ones.
    Edited by merevie on March 26, 2019 7:52AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't we will face dragons as quest monsters, if we do they can be killed by mechanics say shooting at them with an balista.
    They will be trial bosses and I assume overland world bosses, later will have +2 million health.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **Spoilers**

It was marvelous. I also loved being in the trailer :D . And absolutely geeked out at the mention of the Numidium lol.

Good Job and thanks ZoS <3

You were in the trailer? Lucky you, must've played a different prologue than me! I don't remember being chased by fiery death and having to press against a rock face while gigantic dragons exited the ruin. That's one of my gripes with the prologue, they set it up as a playable version of the cinematic trailer but then made it "meh".

Other gripes? The imperial summons doesn't bother to acknowledge your own faction. The story told by the Khajiit is poorly written. The three fetch quests before you go to the Halls are repetitive, having Abnur Tharn hold your hand and teleport you there instead of taking the opportunity to make it a puzzle to find the right delve. The light puzzles at the end are beyond obvious. WE KNOW YOU CAN'T HOLD PORTALS OPEN INDEFINITELY.

Sorry to rain on your parade. I'm glad you enjoyed this prologue, but having been here since before launch, I have to say I was sorely disappointed. The only thing I did enjoy in the prologue was the scenery outside the Halls. Kudos to the world builders at ZOS, that was one beautiful spot to stand in for a while and look around.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Tharn!
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three cool things one was that it mentioned that it was an new mane and her name.
    Will it refer to the old if you has not done the Reaper march faction quest?

Its not really an new mane for me as I did that quest almost 5 years ago :)
    Poor Khali.

Tharn also said I had helped retrieve the tablet, is this different if you do it on an alt who has not done it?

And Tharn mention the Grathwood delve as we had been there before during the main quest.
    ---
    Makes me wonder if you could combine these two quests? Things to do on necromancer :)
    Combine that with the undaunted delve quest for the delve and the delve quest :)
    Or you could do main quest up to you goes to rescue Tharn but then do the Elsweyr prolog instead to mess things up
    Edited by zaria on March 26, 2019 12:58PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a LOT of juggling of the idiot ball by everyone except Euraxia and possibly Khamira, IMO.

Tharn:
    Tharn is presented as very sincerely thinking that he can obtain this weapon and keep it in his own hands long enough for diplomacy to work peace and then...what, exactly? Problem #1: obtaining the weapon first. Problem #2: keeping the weapon. Problem #3: assuming diplomacy via big stick is going to work. Problem #4: using that peace obtained via big stick is going to work out without continued application of said big stick. Basically, Tharn made some very questionable and un-savvy decisions if he was actually sincere.

The Moon-singers:
    I will accept that they expected the Wrathstone to be hidden and the clues to be useless, but if you want to hide 3 clues, freely telling the three parts of the story to everyone in earshot is NOT how you hide 3 clues.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my Vestige was all "I've got a bad feeling about this." from the beginning, and it wasn't just because I've watched the trailers,
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice the possible nod to forum users about our discussion of the female Khajiit (Khamira) regarding her lack of haste in the Elsweyr promo trailer while running from the dragons? During the prologue quest Tharn makes multiple reference to her being slow :)

It made me laugh and wonder if the devs noticed our discussion about it and put a little bit in there for us. Or maybe it was coincidence, who knows?