The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Black screen and crash on game launch after patch of 25th March 2019 - SOLUTION

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
After last little patch of 25 march 2019 whenever I launched the game I got a black screen. After a mouse click the game would crash with "not responding" dialog. I have managed to solve this problem and thought about posting all solutions that I have tried if anyone experiences it.

Tested solutions:
1. Launching the game with these settings:
SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

2. Launching the game with these settings:
SET FULLSCREEN_v4 "0"
SET FullscreenHeight "0"
SET FullscreenWidth "0"
SET WindowedHeight "600"
SET WindowedWidth "800"

3. Launching the game with screen resolution set in Windows to 1920x1080

4. Launching the game with admin rights.

5. Deleting folders/files:
live
UserSettings.txt
ShaderCache.cooked
AddOnSettings.txt
SavedVariables

6. Updating Nvidia Driver.

7. Launching game with all other applications closed and as many processes killed as possible.

8. Repairing the game in launcher.

9. Rebooting PC.

10. Waiting for game while it is in black screen.

It seems like rebooting the PC is what solved the issue as I can now play with all files and folders restored, the same resolution as before, the same apps as before and Nvidia sound drivers disabled as before.
FYI disabling all sound drivers except the one that actually lets you play sound (in my case Realtek High Definition) increases fps as game doesn't have to iterate on other sound drivers. It seems counterintuitive but works for many games.