The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Addon settings changes aren't saving after computer restore

BaylorCorvette
BaylorCorvette
✭✭✭✭✭

A month ago I lost a bunch of files on my computer including the ESO directory with my addons and my saved variables files etc. However I had them backed up to an external drive. My main addon I wanted to recover was my Kill Counter addon since that shows my KDR and life time kills (over 40k on my StamSorc). I downloaded ESO again and put it in a new directory and restored my backed up addons and saved variables files. When I got into the game everything looked like it was good. My Kill Counter profile showed all my statistics etc.

However today as I'm trying to change one of my "Buff Alerts" I noticed when I reload ui it doesn't save it. Then I look at my Kill Counter Stats and it hasn't actually saved anything since I restored the files (from last month). During game play all addons work fine and when you change settings etc they are fine. But when you relog (or reload ui) it is like it restores ALL of my addon settings to whatever they were when I restored my backed up files.

Basically the problem is that when I make changes too any addon ons it only does it temporarily during that single play session and relaunching the game or reloading UI sets it back to the point in time when I restored the files which was last month.
Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
Founder of Dominion Special Forces
YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
DC Zerg Busting
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the restored files aren't write-protected?