The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Jester's Festival "A Noble Guest"-Apples Can't be Interacted With

Jarad Lirvan
Jarad Lirvan
Soul Shriven
Edit: Silvermist was correct. Apparently I changed a setting without remembering. For people with Azurah, if you have the issue, the setting is in the General tab.

Hello, I'm coming here after contacting in-game support. I've tried repeatedly, but I can't interact with the mudcrab apples for the "A Noble Guest" quest on one of my characters. I've done it on two others, though. I tried asking in zone chat a few times, but was just ignored. I also looked online but haven't seen any posts with the same issue.

What I've tried (Nothing has worked so far):
Change keybind for interaction.
Abandoned Quest and reacquired.
Reload UI.
Log out and log back in.
Switch Characters, then back.
Quit game and restart.
Quit game for 30 minutes and then abandoned quest (automated support suggested that for a soft reset).

I'd really appreciate some help with this. I know the event goes for over a week, but I wanted to report it in case it stopped working on other characters too.
Edited by Jarad Lirvan on March 22, 2019 12:53PM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Quick question: do you have any addon like no accidental stealing (or the settinng in azurah that prevents stealing)? If so, turn it off...as it's almost impossible to get it to work otherwise. Also, there's another addon that allows you to turn off interaction with specific items, check that, as well.

• Jarad Lirvan
    Jarad Lirvan
    Soul Shriven
    I do have Azurah, but I never changed settings in it (Apparently I did without remembering.) I also tested theft on the character, wondering if that was the issue. The warehouse has a bunch of crates all around, and I could open them up just fine. All of them considered theft. Although I didn't actually take the item in the crate. Edit: I guess I did activate that setting, but I didn't remember it. It also says it doesn't protect against looting boxes, so that explains the other part. Seems like it should work now. I can't try until later today, but that was probably the issue.

I'll check again, just in case, but I don't think there should be any issues with the addons (although that's a good idea. I can't describe how many times I've accidentally stolen the staff that sits in front of the Riften writ boxes while turning them in.)
    Edited by Jarad Lirvan on March 22, 2019 12:51PM
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    i had same issue and it was a Azurah addon setting
  • nordic_two
    One thing I've noticed is how some theft addons work can make getting the apples tricky. It is not a container but rather a 'world object' that you would normally be able to steal without opening it. If you have Azurah or other similar anti-theft addons they usually lock stealing a world object if not hidden. (whereas containers can usually opened just not stolen from without hiding unless you select another option to prevent that too)