The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will this CPU be enough for ESO? (Cyrodill)

TheShadower92
TheShadower92
✭✭
Hey everyone, im running on a pretty old PC, but with 16 gbs of ram, a brand new RTX 2070 and a strong 600W PSU.
However, my old i5-2300 is bottlenecking my performance in ESO, and I can't get over 40 fps in Cyrodill, and like 10 fps in zergs. Plus a pretty stuttery performance in open world. (in dungeons the game runs amazingly).
The best CPU my socket type is compatible with is an i7- 3770k. I'm thinking of flashing my BIOS from F4 to F8 and getting a used i7-3770k to run ESO.
My goal is to have the smoothest gameplay, and I mainly play pvp in Cyro.
The question is whether this CPU is capable of handling the game in it's most stressful situations, like huge zergs in Cyro?
Or am I better off saving some more cash and upgrading my entire system and get the i7- 8700k?
Would appreciate some feedback, thank you :)
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wholly recommend the 8700k. I use intense shaders and depth of field and my fps never dips below 70fps in the largest PvP battles.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • TheShadower92
    TheShadower92
    ✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    I wholly recommend the 8700k. I use intense shaders and depth of field and my fps never dips below 70fps in the largest PvP battles.

Hm, I see. Do you OC your CPU?