Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrathstone-induced timing delay on inventory, mail and crafting station UI

Feric51
Feric51
✭✭✭✭✭
So with the update for console this week I noticed some head-scratching delays caused in UI commands within certain menus. Was wondering if this is only on my end? Only on console? Or, across all platforms?

First: Delay between taking attachments from mails (especially hirelings) and when you can delete the mail. Now there seems to be almost a full second delay between the time you retrieve the attachments and when you can delete that message.

Second: The time after taking items out of containers (writ rewards, quest coffers, etc) within your inventory has a discernible pause after you "take all" before it returns you back to the main inventory list.

Last: When crafting multiples of the same item or refining at any crafting station there is a longer cooldown between each item/refine, and even the visual cues that used to designate when you could craft/refine another item are not synced with the actual cooldown. For example: When crafting a glyph, the rune stone menu would "gray out" while the glyph was being crafted, but once the rune menu returned to bright, white text I could hit the 'X' button and craft another one. This is no longer the case and sometimes I have to hit the 'X' two or three times for the next item to be crafted.

I have been doing daily crafting writs on 10+ characters for almost two years and all have maxed hirelings, so I've been crafting items and accepting mail messages on a tremendous scale and have developed almost exacting muscle memory to get it done as efficiently as possible. Without the crafting add-ons PC players have, we have to manually button-punch for every single item crafted. This newly introduced delay may sound like a minor inconvenience and I'm nitpicking, but it's incredibly frustrating and has more than doubled my time to craft the necessary items on each character.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker was this some type of intended side-effect from the DLC, or a newly introduced bug?

*Note: PC players may not have noticed this if using one of the various crafting add-ons, so before you say it's not affecting your platform let some people who still do things manually chime in (if any of those people actually exist).

Thanks

Edited by Feric51 on March 14, 2019 7:13PM
Feric51
Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. The delay was a minor annoyance at first.

But has since grown to a larger problem when refining raw materials.

They’ll figure it out. I’m hopeful it was unintended.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when you could spam fish gutting. No idea why they put inane timers on everything that is convenient.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes a delay has been introduced on button presses, quite annoying.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it is not.a meant thing as it is very very annoyed
  • Fluke.Slywalker
    Fluke.Slywalker
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, all 3. I also do my writs on 9 characters each day and this is highly bemusing.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Experiencing all three 1s delay issues OP mentions.
    I haven't refined anything yet, but I can see it being a significant problem.

Like the OP my muscle memory for taking attachments/deleting mail is automatic, this pause is irritating.
    It feels like they are using the 1-2 second delay they add to Runeboxes, etc when you try to delete them.

Two steps forward for console QOL, one step back. :neutral:
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed it, but it doesn't bother me. The delay is negligible. As far as I'm aware, things like this are often done to help ease server load as it throttles inputs. If it makes for more game stability, I'm all for it.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got annoyed immediately. So dumb. Hope it was unintentional.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it and it's really annoying. Crafting on console is a pain anyway so they made it worse. Maybe this is Zos's bid to get us all to switch to PC and save them some work.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too while taking attachments then deleting mail. Seems to be a weird delay now, quite annoying.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, at first I attributed the delay to day 1 patch server issues. But it's persistence is getting annoying.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Yeah, at first I attributed the delay to day 1 patch server issues. But it's persistence is getting annoying.

Yeah, I too thought maybe it was day one jitters that the game had to work through, but at this point I'm convinced it will remain this way until ZOS makes an adjustment.

I would just like a statement from someone at ZOS as to whether this truly is a bug or just a new "feature?"

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober <--- sorry man I know you're the German boss, but you seem to be more likely to engage on the forums than anyone else.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed that too... at least for when I was cleaning out my mail of BG rewards...I just figured I was lagging again, lol.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same happening on PC-EU
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed all of these on PS4 NA since the last patch.

Also, get this... the night after the patch I was at a banker listing items for sale in a guild and when I tried to confirm a listing, the page reloaded and I was suddenly viewing the guild store of a totally differently guild THAT I'M NOT IN! Yikes...
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed...definitely made cleaning out mailbox a greater headache :persevere:
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can kill a wolf add faster than I can delete one mail from my inbox now.

Exciting.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • FastBen
      FastBen
      ✭✭✭
      Same here. Awful delay for receiving mails too. Waited 15 minutes, then had to change 4 zones to receive my items.
    • Donny_Vito
      Donny_Vito
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yep. XBOX NA. Hoping this gets addressed.
    • N0TPLAYER2
      N0TPLAYER2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Same

It’s ridiculous
    • Mik195
      Mik195
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I had an odd situation yesterday. I had the delay on a bunch of characters, then had a character riding down the Daggerfall docks. The screen froze for maybe 15 seconds, then I had a short black screen, then saw the Xbox home screen, then after a flicker was back on the dock. And, the delay was GONE for all the rest of the night even after switching characters.
    • SFxxKANExx
      SFxxKANExx
      ✭✭
      Yes, same problem on XBOX EU.
    • lillybit
      lillybit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've noticed this too, everything feels sluggish and unresponsive. It's combat too, weaving is much more unreliable and I've had to slow my timings down to make sure everything fires
      PS4 EU
    • Monsieur
      Monsieur
      ✭✭✭
      The performance issues are just getting worse and worse with this game.

You know it’s laughably bad when the ZOS logo stutters and lags out when the game boots up (it’s been this way since Murkmire patch, never happened before).

I recently tried the standard “delete your eso saved game” response that the ZOS support guy posts in every PS4 thread, the only difference I noticed was that the game actually has frame drops during the Summerset intro movie.

• Moloch1514
      Moloch1514
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Noticed the same. Probably a feature of the new database changes. Most likely to ease strain on the hamsters keeping the servers running.
      PC-NA
    • Jamdarius
      Jamdarius
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Feric51 wrote: »
      So with the update for console this week I noticed some head-scratching delays caused in UI commands within certain menus. Was wondering if this is only on my end? Only on console? Or, across all platforms?

First: Delay between taking attachments from mails (especially hirelings) and when you can delete the mail. Now there seems to be almost a full second delay between the time you retrieve the attachments and when you can delete that message.

Second: The time after taking items out of containers (writ rewards, quest coffers, etc) within your inventory has a discernible pause after you "take all" before it returns you back to the main inventory list.

Last: When crafting multiples of the same item or refining at any crafting station there is a longer cooldown between each item/refine, and even the visual cues that used to designate when you could craft/refine another item are not synced with the actual cooldown. For example: When crafting a glyph, the rune stone menu would "gray out" while the glyph was being crafted, but once the rune menu returned to bright, white text I could hit the 'X' button and craft another one. This is no longer the case and sometimes I have to hit the 'X' two or three times for the next item to be crafted.

I have been doing daily crafting writs on 10+ characters for almost two years and all have maxed hirelings, so I've been crafting items and accepting mail messages on a tremendous scale and have developed almost exacting muscle memory to get it done as efficiently as possible. Without the crafting add-ons PC players have, we have to manually button-punch for every single item crafted. This newly introduced delay may sound like a minor inconvenience and I'm nitpicking, but it's incredibly frustrating and has more than doubled my time to craft the necessary items on each character.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker was this some type of intended side-effect from the DLC, or a newly introduced bug?

*Note: PC players may not have noticed this if using one of the various crafting add-ons, so before you say it's not affecting your platform let some people who still do things manually chime in (if any of those people actually exist).

Thanks

Ah so you finally have the delay we PC players had for a while, what can I say you guys finally catch up with us XD

Now to be more serious, ye it is a pain, sometimes I even have to quit mailboxes and enter again to even be able to take attatchments, imagine I have over 70+ mails / day .... with sales/hirelings and after 4-5 I gotta reopen mailbox...
    • Tsar_Gekkou
      Tsar_Gekkou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I also noticed that you can't open the menu anymore while dead. Whenever I died in Vivec I couldn't even pull up the map with the select button.
      Xbox NA healer main
      vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
      Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    • Hotdog_23
      Hotdog_23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Same for me on PS4 NA, very annoying. Please fix ASAP!
    • Carl-lan
      Carl-lan
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yeah same here. Using PC with controller, so console UI. Def lag in button pressing. I have to continually press when looting writ containers, it's like it doesn't register straight away.
    • Beardimus
      Beardimus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There are a fee threads already on mail actions delay in the bug section, and agreed Its very annoying. Xbox EU

I'm guessing the exciting new search function broke something else...
      Xbox One | EU | EP
      Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
      Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
      1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
      Alts - - for the Lolz
      Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
      Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
      Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
      Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
      Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP