Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good places for pickpocket/legerdemain leveling

green_villain
green_villain
✭✭✭
hey guys please share your places
my favourite so far is Outside Inn in Grahtwood(Elden Root)

- high dencity of NPC
- 2 bards(4 points per pickpocket), 1 noble Dirdalas(roaming, expensive plan in loot)
- 1 blacksmith (2 points) and alot commoners
- only 1 roaming guard
- Fence very close

my method - pickpocket various targets until bards become empty, fence items, switch mirror by enter back and forth to fence - repeat

issues - the more you grind at this place - the more EMPTY npc become even after re-spawn
so i need to find similar place as good as this one
Edited by green_villain on February 23, 2019 3:57PM
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- high dencity of NPC
    - 2 bards(4 points per pickpocket), 1 noble Dirdalas(roaming, expensive plan in loot)
    - only 1 roaming guard
    - Fence very close

my method - pickpocket various targets until bards become empty, fence items, switch mirror by enter back and forth to fence - repeat

issues - the more you grind at this place - the more EMPTY npc become even after re-spawn

I like killing the priests in the gardens at Vulkhel Guard with a dip into the bank now and then for the lockboxes and nobles.
    The fence is a close-by also.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Killing sheep in the eastern part of Khenarthi's Roost is the fastest way to level legerdemain. Just kill the 2 NPCs there first to avoid a bounty.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- high dencity of NPC
    - only 1 roaming guard
    - Fence very close

Make sure to kill npcs after looting so they can respawn with goods.
  • green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭
    @Edaphon its not, if you about just reach Fence daily limit
    im telling about Fence limits PLUS pickpocketing
    its faster - more exp
  • green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

- high dencity of NPC
    - only 1 roaming guard
    - Fence very close

Make sure to kill npcs after looting so they can respawn with goods.

its ofcourse
    just even after respawn they can respawn empty the more you grind them
    and they will be always stay empty no matter how many times you will kill them, until next day
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Edaphon its not, if you about just reach Fence daily limit
    im telling about Fence limits PLUS pickpocketing
    its faster - more exp

Well, then let me rephrase that: it's the fastest way to reach the fencing limit.

A good pickpocket spot would be the Ebonheart docks. 12 NPCs and no guards.
    f8xUYlH.png
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhold marketplace in shadowfen has lots of strongboxes in the open
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Middens in Elden Root has at least10 NPCs that can be robbed and murdered. There is one gaurd that roams by the entrance but he is easy to avoid.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hadran's Caravan in SE Reaper's March.

Pickpocketing heaven until someone starts wholesale slaughter of NPC's. :|
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily the best place is in Belkarth. Near the outlaw refuge theres an apple orchard, and it has an absolute ton of apples for you to steal. Just pick them all up, relog, and do it again, until you've fenced as many as you can. Theres one guard, but he walks to the bridge and away from the orchard. (Theres also one npc, but you can just kill him if you dont want him bothering you).

This is one of the most well-known places to level it, so expect to see at least one other person.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found Daggerfall to be quite good. Next to the woodworking station are two easy NPCs to pickpocket and another one or two wander over/near the bridge next to that merchant stall. There’s also beggars around the wayshrine which are easier to pickpocket too.

Hope this helps :)
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To the left of Stormhold is the Al-Tura? (idr) estate. You can jump the wall via one of the rocks and pickpocket to your hearts desire. They're mostly all Nobles and no guards around.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- high dencity of NPC
    - only 1 roaming guard
    - Fence very close

I like killing the priests in the gardens at Vulkhel Guard with a dip into the bank now and then for the lockboxes and nobles.
    The fence is a close-by also.

This is one of my favourite places too, do a big loop around behind the bank and then behind the temple and they've usually respawned by the time you get back round. There's only a couple of places you can normally be spotted too. Added bonus is the route takes you over the entrance to the outlaw refuge if you need it.

Another good place is Vivec city if you have access. Loads of NPC's out of the sight of guards, nearby outlaw refuge and chance of motifs too for extra profit
    PS4 EU
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stormhaven at-Tura Estate. Its sealed in and there are no guards.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the left of Stormhold is the Al-Tura? (idr) estate. You can jump the wall via one of the rocks and pickpocket to your hearts desire. They're mostly all Nobles and no guards around.
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

I tried that last week, they put up invisible walls all along the boulders, you slide off the air like a bird sliding of a glass window.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

I tried that last week, they put up invisible walls all along the boulders, you slide off the air like a bird sliding of a glass window.

Theres a pre req quest needed to gain entrance. Its a deam themed one.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you're saying one should start the second skill point quest line in Stormhaven and never finish it. Interesting.

How about starting and not finishing the third skill point quest chain in Vvardenfell? Is it easier to pickpocket at the time people are all staring at the stuff falling from the skies?
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skywatch is a nice place. There's hundreds of Drunkard NPC's, so I usually just spree going as fast as I can pickpocketing them 3 times each (if you pickpocket a couple other NPC's it resets the wait for the earlier NPC's without needing to wait the full time). Doesn't matter if I rack up a bounty or if the guards catch me, because they won't succeed in killing me.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The docks at Davon's watch is a nice place for me to steal stuff. Other then that i like to roam around, being in one place for too long and steal becomes boring. 😝
    PC EU
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you're saying one should start the second skill point quest line in Stormhaven and never finish it. Interesting.

How about starting and not finishing the third skill point quest chain in Vvardenfell? Is it easier to pickpocket at the time people are all staring at the stuff falling from the skies?

You can finish it and still enter. The quest item is an invitation you show the guard in front. The you can freely enter for the rest of the game.
    Edited by D0PAMINE on February 24, 2019 3:26AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just want to level up legerdemain, just loot all containers in the two ships on the west side of Daggerfall city (Glenumbra) - no-one inside to see you. Sell the higher value items, launder the food ingredients and trash items until you hit your daily limit (resets at 10pm EST). Boring but dead easy. Repeat daily for a couple of weeks and you hit L20.

It's not as profitable as pickpocketing, but you can do it without first needing to level up your pickpocketing passives - and it's a lot faster. I do recommend putting at least one skill point into the Trafficker passive (to sell and launder more items each day).

Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on February 24, 2019 4:44AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the orchard in Belkarth. It only took about 5-7 minutes to reach my daily fence limit.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 24, 2019 5:03AM
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And where in vvardenfell would that be?
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laps around Khenarthi's Roost, if it hasn't changed.

If I remember right chests give you points something like this,

Simple = 1
    Intermediate = 2
    Advanced = 4
    Master = 8

Plus you get all that jewelry and gear to break down for mats.

edit: this is for after you hit your daily limit
    Edited by Casdha on February 24, 2019 7:59AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭
    Easily the best place is in Belkarth. Near the outlaw refuge theres an apple orchard, and it has an absolute ton of apples for you to steal. Just pick them all up, relog, and do it again, until you've fenced as many as you can. Theres one guard, but he walks to the bridge and away from the orchard. (Theres also one npc, but you can just kill him if you dont want him bothering you).

This is one of the most well-known places to level it, so expect to see at least one other person.

I use this one I found it would reset each time I went in and out of the outlaws refuge so didn't even need to relog :)

• inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha is where I leveled. The Waning Crescent Inn upstairs, 2 lockboxes (1 downstairs, 1 up), loot all containers for stolen goods & 2 npc to pickpocket. Open map, click on Sleek Creek and run out the door, it will drop you right back where you teleported from with fresh containers to loot. Repeat until inventory full. Lots more lockboxes outside to grab on the way to refuge.
    Edited by inclinations on February 24, 2019 8:34AM
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill sheep on khanarthi's roost then launder their guts. You get 1~2 levels per clear.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fastest leveling is the two boats at Daggerfall docks. No npcs and lots of stuff to steal easily get 300 items in 5 minutes.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you just want to level up legerdemain, just loot all containers in the two ships on the west side of Daggerfall city (Glenumbra) - no-one inside to see you. Sell the higher value items, launder the food ingredients and trash items until you hit your daily limit (resets at 10pm EST). Boring but dead easy. Repeat daily for a couple of weeks and you hit L20.

It's not as profitable as pickpocketing, but you can do it without first needing to level up your pickpocketing passives - and it's a lot faster. I do recommend putting at least one skill point into the Trafficker passive (to sell and launder more items each day).

Yeap do this on every character until 20 legermain. Really epic spot
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for info guys! im really interesting about daily limit + pickpocketing/chests

so noted some good locations