Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

HOUSING IDEAS

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a single mega thread to place ideas:

* EXPERIENCE BOOST MUNDUS

* A PERSONAL MERCHANT that can REPAIR

* A PERSONAL BANKER that grants GUILD BANK ACCESS

* A functional WAY SHRINE furnishing

* A PLAYING BARD "Music Box"

* ANIMATED CROWDS for arena residences

* MOVING NPCs

* WATER as a furnishing

* TARGET DUMMIES that HIT BACK

* WEATHER TOGGLE

* ITEM CLUSTER FURNISHINGS (To save slots)

* AMBIENT LIGHT settings

* GUILD HERALDRY BANNER (and other furnishings)

* ARMOR & WEAPON SET DISPLAY MANNEQUIN

* RACE UPGRADE for the personal BANKER & MERCHANT

* EMOTE & COSTUME UPGRADE for the personal BANKER & MERCHANT

* CUSTOM NPC FURNISHING (Character creation menu, emote, style page and costume enabled)
Edited by marius_buys on August 10, 2019 9:55AM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) animated interactible doors to place inside existing interiors.
    3) pressure plates that would work as a switch
    4) simple functionality to connect switches and interactable objects. At least on\off connection that would switch between states with every consecutive interaction with connected interactable object

P.S. numbering list items is not a good idea, since different people could post simultaneously
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on February 19, 2019 3:02PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :star: I'm a big fan of introducing new and exciting furniture, but the slot limit is the most aggravating priority for me :lol: So first of all more 'item cluster' furniture just like the plant clusters where we already get several shrubs or trees in one slot:

- dining table cluster with plates, mugs and food so we don't have to waste 30 slots on one table
    - writing desk cluster with papers, inwells, quill, candle, etc. so we don't have to waste 10 slots on one table
    - kitchen counter cluster with knives, dishes and ingredients so we don't have to waste 5 slots on one counter
    - more pre-stocked bookshelves so we don't have to waste 20 slots on one shelf
    - more potted plants so we don't have to waste 3 slots per flower

:star: Also agree with the idea of more humanoid furnishings, such as bards that play in-game lute music or sing bard songs. Or some other ability to change the music in our houses.

:star:Lights with intensity settings - adding a 'low' and 'bright' setting to lights in addition to the 'lit' and 'extinguished' settings. It's absurd that the majority of lights, even most chandeliers have a light area of 1 meter. This makes lighting larger rooms almost impossible without using the extremely few bright lights - most of which are once-a-year luxury items, crown excusives, or just ugly as hell. Tired of having to spend 100/600 slots on lights alone if I don't want my house to look like a dark cave.

:star:Weather and time toggle on houses that allows us to set the time of day and weather, without having to use special addon effects. Could include things like sunny, cloudy, rain, snow, and if we want to be extra, rain of blood, rain of magic (it's ingame in Evergloam).

:star: More structural furniture. They are on the right track with the Alinor and Murkmire walls, stairs, platforms, but we need mooaar! :smiley:

• Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    The Teleport. Activate it via editor and coose your another house from the list. Save. Then you or your visirors can be teleported after ingame activation. This may be useful to owners of several houses, guildhalls or crafting areas.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    :star: I'm a big fan of introducing new and exciting furniture, but the slot limit is the most aggravating priority for me :lol: So first of all more 'item cluster' furniture just like the plant clusters where we already get several shrubs or trees in one slot:

- dining table cluster with plates, mugs and food so we don't have to waste 30 slots on one table
    - writing desk cluster with papers, inwells, quill, candle, etc. so we don't have to waste 10 slots on one table
    - kitchen counter cluster with knives, dishes and ingredients so we don't have to waste 5 slots on one counter

This is a brilliant idea.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4) simple functionality to connect switches and interactable objects. At least on\off connection that would switch between states with every consecutive interaction with connected interactable object

P.S. numbering list items is not a good idea, since different people could post simultaneously

Good idea, could I ask that we type the idea IN CAPS with an asterisk so that it stands out and is easy to find on scanning the page.
    Edited by marius_buys on February 21, 2019 5:17AM
  • Heru_Elrin
    Heru_Elrin
    ✭✭
    I agree full heartedly with Bluebird and won’t add much more. I should like to see perhaps some functioning/animated furniture items. Examples might include torture racks, weaving looms, spinning wheels, traps to create a training area.
    How about some training dummies that actually fight back and if you don’t hit them after awhile they stop their attack...or have timers so you can choose how long to practice with them.
    More slots offered for homes....for free....without charging people.
    How about some different in game battle music. Every time a fight begins the music is always the same thing...would be nice to change it up or have it alternate new songs. Keep it fresh.
    Just some of my ideas. Thanks.

Love the idea of a bard that sings your choice of ballads...thank you Bluebird! :smile:
    Edited by Heru_Elrin on February 21, 2019 10:35PM
    Cana i cala ture nanye oponye munta ulca taruva.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

your wishes were granted with the arena house right! :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

:star: Also agree with the idea of more humanoid furnishings, such as bards that play in-game lute music or sing bard songs. Or some other ability to change the music in our houses.

:star:Lights with intensity settings - adding a 'low' and 'bright' setting to lights in addition to the 'lit' and 'extinguished' settings. It's absurd that the majority of lights, even most chandeliers have a light area of 1 meter. This makes lighting larger rooms almost impossible without using the extremely few bright lights - most of which are once-a-year luxury items, crown excusives, or just ugly as hell. Tired of having to spend 100/600 slots on lights alone if I don't want my house to look like a dark cave.

:star:Weather and time toggle on houses that allows us to set the time of day and weather, without having to use special addon effects. Could include things like sunny, cloudy, rain, snow, and if we want to be extra, rain of blood, rain of magic (it's ingame in Evergloam).

:star: More structural furniture. They are on the right track with the Alinor and Murkmire walls, stairs, platforms, but we need mooaar! :smiley:

Just actually realised how awesome your post was, tx!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one. Oh well...

Armor mannequins, weapon racks - both to display and store our gear or costumes

Guild heraldry banners or furniture in guild store like the tabard

My personal favourite dream:
    a humanoid NPC to buy for crowns, that can be shaped in looks and race using the character creation menu as well as costume/gimmicks collections and style pages, that can be taught emotes and placed somewhere in the house.
    PC/EU
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one. Oh well...

Armor mannequins, weapon racks - both to display and store our gear or costumes

Guild heraldry banners or furniture in guild store like the tabard

My personal favourite dream:
    a humanoid NPC to buy for crowns, that can be shaped in looks and race using the character creation menu as well as costume/gimmicks collections and style pages, that can be taught emotes and placed somewhere in the house.

will update, great suggestions
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    These are great ideas!
    I'd personally like to see...

💥Ayleid styled abode and more (or easier to obtain) furniture.

💥Better looking crafting tables (that resemble the ones we do our writs on in town).

💥Those colorful wisteria trees from Summerset.

💥Beds you can actually lay on (with pillows and non-crumpled sheets and blankets).

💥Imperial style furniture that isn't renamed Breton stuff.

💥Water for making pools, ponds, hot tubs or whatever.

💥The ability to scale some items bigger or smaller, like walls or floors, to fit a space instead of burning more slots.

💥Npc livestock that actually move, graze, etc.

💥More trees with falling blooms/leaves.

💥Torchbug effects.

💥Fix the hagfen mist to actually show up.

💥No rain in my earthtear.

This is all I can think of for now...
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see why experience boost mundus is needed when you can level a character from 1 - 50 in less than 2 hours.
    Let me remind about the time before xp potions and veteran 14 XD.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love:

* The ability to create windows with scenery behind them similar to what PC can do with add-ons (on console).
    * More couches and chairs with cushions that look comfortable.
    * Well pipe with handle that can be pumped and water animation coming from the pipe.
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some pocket realms. Daedric architecture could be explored, as well as some of the visual themes like Quagmire and Crow's Wood.

Speaking of Quagmire, Vaermina's mirror would be a great furniture piece.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A functional housing system
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting supply crate:

How would that work ?
    - Similar to housing storage, it will be an interact-able furniture that you place in your house.
    - Items inside will be "visable" by crafting stations.
    - You will be able to place limited number of crafting materials inside or just 1 stack of each type of different tier quality. Both raw & refined.
    - Supply crate will come in different variants: Blacksmith, Woodworking, Clothing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Jewelry.
    - You will be able to acces it only via interacting with it. ESO+ will also have remote acces via craft bag.
    - Supply crate will be available in crown store or by writ vauchers / tel-var stones.
    (A lot of grinding or just... Buy it... )

What inspired the idea ? :
    Because current 240 slot bank space is too little if you decide to keep your craftig materials there (even only top tier mats + style materials). At this point you would need at least 260 slots. The problem will only be getting bigger and bigger as with new dlcs we get new crafting & style materials, but no bank space. This causes a very serious risk of regular players (who also support the game btw. by buying dlcs & chapters) being penlized vs eso+ users.
    (Instead of rewarding eso+ players, regular players will be punished).

What do you think ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 3, 2019 2:00PM