The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bosmer should get 1500 penetration as baseline

• puupaa
    puupaa
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's meant to be a thing you incorporate into your rotation, just a short damage and movement speed boost if you ever choose to or need to dodge roll. I don't do "High End" PvE, but do you really not use dodge roll ever when doing it? Just block?
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Would it not be too strong in Pve?

2k mad stam, 258 recovery and pen?

You could spec full weapon damage, have high stam and have extra pen.

1k pen is 10 cp points, also its a pure stamina race so that wouldnt be so bad compared to they hybrids who are as strong now

It's not if you already have 3.5k pen in the CP tree like I do on my pve spec. It adds up to a LOT more then.

The pen bonus on dodgeroll is pretty decent in PvP as well. Especially on stamblade - which most bosmer tend to be. You're always dodgerolling so it will have a decent uptime.

Ok, just tell me why i shouldn't play Dunmer then?
    Never mind if you get 258 WD or 258 Stamreg., because you can easily compensate that with mundus stone or glyphs.
    But as a Dunmer you get almost 2k more max. Magicka on top, which is a damn lot. Farther you can play Dunmer as a vampire, so you can get even more sustain, have damage reduction and you can sneak faster.
    Even as a Khajiit you get more advantages, because you can buff your snipes out of stealth.
    I think that's much more important for stamblades than 1,5k pen for 6sec.

To be honest, bosmer currently falls far behind!

Put that damn dodge roll away and try this:

5% permanent speedbuff
    Desease resistence

Or this:

Add some magickareg., so bosmers would be the counterpart to dunmers

Edited by Sun7dance on February 13, 2019 9:54AM
    PS5|EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

1k pen is 10 cp points, also its a pure stamina race so that wouldnt be so bad compared to they hybrids who are as strong now

It's not if you already have 3.5k pen in the CP tree like I do on my pve spec. It adds up to a LOT more then.

The pen bonus on dodgeroll is pretty decent in PvP as well. Especially on stamblade - which most bosmer tend to be. You're always dodgerolling so it will have a decent uptime.

Never mind if you get 258 WD or 258 Stamreg., because you can easily compensate that with mundus stone or glyphs.
    But as a Dunmer you get almost 2k more max. Magicka on top, which is a damn lot. Farther you can play Dunmer as a vampire, so you can get even more sustain, have damage reduction and you can sneak faster.
    Even as a Khajiit you get more advantages, because you can buff your snipes out of stealth.

5% permanent speedbuff
    Desease resistence

Or this:

Well if bosmer had continuous 1.5k pen, why wouldn't you always go them and never dumner in pve?

Flat max magica is not that great in PvP. Magica sustain is way better. Movement speed and extra pen for 6 second is way better for PvP. The max Stam and WD/Stam regen are interchangeable.

Fire damage isn't the issue with being camp in PvP, it's the sheer amount of dawnbreakers, so the flame resist passive is kinda meh.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5% permanent speedbuff
    Desease resistence

Or this:

Falls behind according to what source? Parses? Duels? Bgs?
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Falls behind according to what source? Parses? Duels? Bgs?

I was talking about PvP, sorry for that!
    Playing as a vampire was just one more way to go, nothing more. But don't forget the vampire passive for damage reduction, which makes dawnbreaker weaker when you are low on health.

Btw:
    Do you know how much more damage 1,5k pen gives you in PvP? With an average hit of 4k it's about 100 non crit! 100! Against medium armor mind you! So it will be even less against all these players on heavy armor.

You pay between 2 and 3k stamina to get maybe two hits with 100 more damage! Sorry, that's absolutely ridiculous, especially since many players play bleedings to get heavy armor turtles down.

You would do even more damage and get more speed, when you slot Crippling Grasp on your stamblade and play as Dunmer! ;)

Edited by Sun7dance on February 13, 2019 10:55AM
    PS5|EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I was talking about PvP, sorry.
    Playing as a vampire was just one more way to go, nothing more. But don't forget the vampire passive for damage reduction, which makes dawnbreaker weaker when you are low on health.

Btw:
    Do you know how much more damage 1,5k pen gives you in PvP? With an average hit of 4k it's about 100 non crit! 100! Against medium armor mind you! So it will be even less against all these players on heavy armor.

You pay between 2 and 3k stamina to get maybe two hits with 60 more damage! Sorry, that's absolutely ridiculous, especially since many players play bleedings to get heavy armor turtles down.

You would do even more damage and get more speed, when you slot Crippling Grasp on your stamblade and play as Dunmer! ;)

But you'd have to run crippling crasp lol....

In PvP on a stamblade (or anything on medium for that matter) you pretty much have to roll Dodge anyway. The speed is nice (minor expedition) and the pen on top is nice (1h sharpened value).

I'll take that over 1750 magica ALL day.

But it depends on what class and build I want to play. Some races will be better than others in some places. The dumner max magica is nice on a Stam sorc for instance as the cost increase of streak means you can get more off. While on a stamblade I value magica recovery better than max magica. So dumner wouldn't do it for me.

Anyway, my original point was the 1.5k pen being a constant passive would probably make it too strong in pve dps. I wasn't even talking about PvP. Honestly, you could make a case for like 4 different races fitting your class and build in PvP now.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand your point of view, but for me ZOS created the new bosmer just for pvp, coz of that dodge roll thing.
    Imagine that in a trial when your raidlead gives the start signal:

Bosmers roll dodge plz!
    Go!

Btw:
    You don't need to roll dodge on medium armor in pvp that much. Meanwhile there are so many undodgeable skills, so the argument that roll dodge is the main defensive move for medium armor in pvp doesn't count anymore. They have to block and heal as much as players on heavy armor, maybe even more.
    PS5|EU
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simeion wrote: »
    Well not just that, but multiple people have stated it would be fine if they reduced the pen given, as long as it's a baseline passive. People aren't reading.

I would like to see the passive become more lore based. Since Green Pact Bosmer are supposed to eat their enemies once defeted. Change the passive to Carnivorous Frenzy it can do something unique.

1. 5% damage increase to target under 15% health. Sort of a built in execute because of the feeding time.
    2. Restore 1k stam after killing an enemy and give it a 4-6 second cooldown.
    3. Restore 1k health same as above.

By all means the numbers are just place holders and need to be adjusted for balance.

These are cool ideas, I am just personally against built in executes now. *shakes fist at implosion*
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    simeion wrote: »
    Well not just that, but multiple people have stated it would be fine if they reduced the pen given, as long as it's a baseline passive. People aren't reading.

I would like to see the passive become more lore based. Since Green Pact Bosmer are supposed to eat their enemies once defeted. Change the passive to Carnivorous Frenzy it can do something unique.

1. 5% damage increase to target under 15% health. Sort of a built in execute because of the feeding time.
    2. Restore 1k stam after killing an enemy and give it a 4-6 second cooldown.
    3. Restore 1k health same as above.

By all means the numbers are just place holders and need to be adjusted for balance.

These are cool ideas, I am just personally against built in executes now. *shakes fist at implosion*

To be fair, that would be too strong if you were still getting max. stamina and stamreg. on top!

PS5|EU