Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slowly starting to feel burned out.

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a pve guild and do vet dungeons and normal trials . You'll be running tons of them no problem.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on February 11, 2019 2:50PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Join a pve guild and do vet dungeons and normal trials . You'll be running tons of them no problem.

Yeah, BSing with friends on comms is way more entertaining than just running a dungeon with randos.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only recently starting playing Trials, despite being level 565. I started on Normal Trials, made sure to let people know that I was new to doing this. Didn't have any problems, everyone was accepting and gave me help.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you in NA or EU? Not sure how EU trial guilds are, but as far as I can tell, there are a lot of NA TRIAL guilds who are more than willing to run training runs (yes, some even vet craglorn trials) for newer members to test them out. Sure there are snob guilds (that you might want to avoid). But trust me if you just type in zone chat that you are in search of a trial [progression] guild, they will help you be more competitive. Yes, you may need to have the proper gear/potion/skills/etc, but these guilds aren't as (sorry for the word) elitist as you think. So are more casual than serious, with the intent of still completing trials HM or not. Seriously just look. You might not find the perfect guild for you right away, but join 2 or 3. I drop off some guilds if I don't feel I am a match to what they are looking for and there is nothing wrong with that. The important thing is that if you want these achievements and unlockables is to learn. Learn your class/race/role/rotation. When people know that you are good at what you do, people will eventually want you to run with them in their core teams.

But it's a balance more than anything. You have to also enjoy who you are running with. I will admit, even casual trial guilds have their own fair of drama. Just don't be discouraged you know. And hey, if you are burned out, take a break play another, or do something else. There's nothing wrong with that too. Don't stress it, that's what will burn you out. Also if you do stress it, it will just frustrate you, the game is changing all the time. New patch, new flavor of the month class/race, new sets... so really don't stress it.

PS look for a trial guild, not just a PVE guild.
    Edited by me_ming on February 11, 2019 3:16PM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd be making a forum thread about this so soon, but I guess here we are, making a thread about this... Oh well, here it goes.

I feel like I may be getting burned out on the game. Not because I don’t enjoy it or I am doing unenjoyable things (To a degree), but moreso because I wanna get in to PvE here, but I just find myself really… Frustrated with that whole venture.

I wanna do raids and dungeons there on the harder difficulty, primarily because I want to unlock the appearances from those difficulties so I don’t have a part of my mind suffering “Aaargh, missing unlockables!”, rather than wanting to show them off and try to look prestigious and pride and accomplishment and all that nonsense.

But there is a really small chance of me ever getting said unlocks, either because I myself may not be the pristine form of a PvE doer (Because the gearing system in the game is just… Boo, and I somehow still feel like I am doing poorly despite playing piano with my abilities), which is a bit of a hurdle in terms of getting unlocks.

And you know what? That painful feeling of missing unlocks, along with wanting to do PvE and getting frustrated over certain aspects makes me really just… Not enjoy the game as much. And I can do the overland content (And enjoy it to some degree) but that junk is ***-easy, so it’s not properly satisfying me.

I have no idea what to do with myself… What would you folks suggest?

Practice and pug everything possible. Pugging makes you a better player because invariably you have to make up for someone else's mistakes. Also. vMA is great solo practice for more difficult content.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the time getting into PVE is this:

Finding a guild
    Learning your class and rotation.
    Maybe gear.-- You can legit get decent DPS for example with just crafted gear and some easy to get monster helmets.

Hell, I solo most vet pledges at this point for funzies, if that tells you how the CP creep has gotten, and I am by no means some crazy player.

So I hope you find a decent enough bunch of people to hang out with! If you ever wanna do a dungeon or two or find a gear set you need, feel free to message me your in game and I'd be happy to pal around!

But burn out is no good friend, maybe you need a break? I know when I feel burn out, I take a few weeks off and play something totally diffrent- like an indie game, and just detox for a bit.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't think I'd be making a forum thread about this so soon, but I guess here we are, making a thread about this... Oh well, here it goes.

I feel like I may be getting burned out on the game. Not because I don’t enjoy it or I am doing unenjoyable things (To a degree), but moreso because I wanna get in to PvE here, but I just find myself really… Frustrated with that whole venture.

I wanna do raids and dungeons there on the harder difficulty, primarily because I want to unlock the appearances from those difficulties so I don’t have a part of my mind suffering “Aaargh, missing unlockables!”, rather than wanting to show them off and try to look prestigious and pride and accomplishment and all that nonsense.

But there is a really small chance of me ever getting said unlocks, either because I myself may not be the pristine form of a PvE doer (Because the gearing system in the game is just… Boo, and I somehow still feel like I am doing poorly despite playing piano with my abilities), which is a bit of a hurdle in terms of getting unlocks.

And you know what? That painful feeling of missing unlocks, along with wanting to do PvE and getting frustrated over certain aspects makes me really just… Not enjoy the game as much. And I can do the overland content (And enjoy it to some degree) but that junk is ***-easy, so it’s not properly satisfying me.

I have no idea what to do with myself… What would you folks suggest?

For me, I feel burned out quickly because I do not like the combat or the way skills work with Stamina and Magicka. I have restarted characters 4 times in the last 2 weeks, trying to make a Magicka build viable without a staff. Sucks, as I love class skills but have using a staff. ZOS really messed up by giving ONLY staff options for Magicka users.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Lakashi
    Lakashi
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling burned out here too.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you've ht a wall, no sense beating your head against it. Find another way around or just take a break. Try not to take what you're feeling so seriously. ESO is a game. Games are meant to be a source of enjoyment, not an endless grind that somehow defines and validates your worth. What you're feeling is normal, if not even healthy.

There are some good guilds in game that have some really helpful and understanding people. But it takes a little effort to put yourself out there and find them. For every guild I've joined, I've probably quit 10. I run with vet end game progression groups. Start some of my own. I also lead normal trials for players just getting into them. While it's fun to celebrate taking down difficult content and earn a nice reward, the takeaway I find most lasting and meaningful is not the end result, but the companionship and laughter in the journey.

Good luck!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this thread really interesting because I myself had zero dungeon achieves and only done one or two trials October of last year, and now I have every dungeon skin and I've completed some of the hardest vet trials in the game. I am a few progression runs off of immortal redeemer.

Your post says:

I'm curious to know what gear you feel you are missing that is holding you back? Every meta set is easy to obtain. The only thing I can think of that takes skill (or patience and determination if you are lacking skill) to get is vMA, but that won't make or break you for any trials guild or dungeon team.

As someone who felt left out of the trials and achievement scene a very short time ago, I'll give you tips based on my experience:

1) Be friendly.
    And I don't mean be nice (but that will help a ton). I mean be social. Involve yourself. Find out if your current trials guilds have a discord, or requirements. Touch base with your leader or officers and say "Hey! I'm a 'xx role' and I'm interested in learning trials. How can I get put in a roster for training or progression?" A lot of trials guilds aren't going to hold your hand or put you in runs just because you're in the member list, most will want you to sign up. If you're in a beginners trial guild they will often run training runs and gear farms and class/role work shops, but... You need to drive the car. Tell them you're looking to get involved.

2) Be friendly some more and be active.
    Once you have your foot in the door, run content, get familiar with it and find people you enjoy spending time with. Bonus points if they're good players. That's probably what those people meant when they said they didn't want "randoms". Since you haven't run any trials with their guild they don't know you or your capabilities. So make a name for yourself in guild runs, get familiar with the group and THEN try to run challenging content. Most people want some idea that you're not going to die 60 times on their no death run. And that's fair. So show them by being active, friendly, and not that guy who brings the team down. If you're still learning and you ARE that guy bringing the team down, THAT'S OK. You're learning, keep working at it until you succeed. Then proceed to step 3.

3) Be prepared to take charge.
    I tried to join MANY dungeon achievement runs over the years and the people asking random fills for these runs in my experience usually were just trolling, wasting time, or hoping you'll fill the roster for them with your friends list. In the end I had to make my own. It took time but this is where those friends from step 2 come in. Find people who are looking to do the same content and make a foursome who are in it to progress. It took me a good month after I was completing vet trials content to form a team, and then it took my team since November running 1 day most weekends to get ALL of the DLC achieves. And we did have to try multiple days for one or two of them. But it was FUN and were a really tight knit group now, even did blackrose. I didn't know the content like the back of my hand and didn't LEAD perse, but I formed the group and we worked together to succeed.

In hindsight, the only thing holding me back all that time was not knowing how to get my foot in the door. I didn't know how to get in a trials guild and I didn't know how to get in runs once I was in one. It took me stepping out of my solo gamer comfort zone to really get going and once I finally DID step out, I was running trials every week.

Don't let your dreams be dreams man. If you're on PC/NA and want a new trials guild to try let me know. I'm part of three I can get you an invite to. One is a deadset beginners trials guild running normal and vet craglorns and teaching content from the ground up to everyone and anyone, a second guild that is a social/trials guild offering training runs and gear farms for everything from craglorn to cloudrest and a third more serious guild with new members progressing vmol and core teams doing vcr +3. No matter what your skill level there's guilds out there for you. Just keep trying.

And if you're really that burned out, go for a walk. It's just a game :) it should be fun, not depressing.
    Edited by Inarre on February 11, 2019 5:18PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <edit>
    Edited by karekiz on February 11, 2019 4:05PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stormproof is the title you get for completing Veteran Maelstrom Arena. It doesn’t mean you’re a DPS monster or anything, but does mean you really know how to play that toon at a fairly high level of competence.

Since you do seem to know where your damage is at, that could be something to work on a bit. Whether it’s getting the right gear or rotations, tweeking your cp, mundus, etc.

I hate beating on a test dummy, but it’s the best way to really see what you’re doing.

With a little help, You can probably get to double or near triple those numbers even at your CP. watch some videos. Try to recreate what you see them Doing. Note the order. It sounds silly, but makes a big difference when and how you use certain skills.

Not trying to be mean, but it sounds like your really not quite Vet Ready, and doing vet stuff anyway and it’s frustrating. Any and all gear you need can be acquired on normal, bought or farmed it yourself.

It was also proposed to make a tank or healer. Ugh, yep. You can do that.

I can tell ya, I think everyone is burnt out on the Craglorn Trials. Vet. Normal. Whatever. But none of the newer ones is on farm mode for any ol pug group. If Trials is what you want to get into.

You’re not alone. I meet people in that situation all the time.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ok to take a break when you need one. We’ll still be here when you come back!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    Long, thought out response with tips on how to get into trials and achievements
    If you don't think you are capable enough to unlock these skins, and if you don't intend to show off, after you unlock them, I would suggest buying a trial run from a competent guild.

I don't support parasites.

Ah, prejudiced as well. Who are the parasites? I would agree, that those who are paying the money are the parasites. But those who are actually DOING the job, which means that they are skillful enough to complete the trial with basically one person less, are definitely not.

I would agree with you, if you said you don't want to become a parasite yourself, by employing money instead of skill. But calling the guys who are more skillful than you are and use their skill for a purpose, parasites? That is the measure of your judgement. And the proper judgement is important in a skillful play.

Yes, I see people who actively sell boosts as parasites. People who think they're hot *** in a champagne glass and think they're better as people compared to others, while acting like pseudo-professionals when playing the game, all the while taking advantage of fools desperate enough for a skin/unlock. I would be considered a target for them as well, if I were not adamantly against them.

And people who are hiding in corners scratching their butts? Those are just lazy people who probably hire stewards to turn on their computers for all I know. I know for myself that I'd be out dishing out damage alongside the parasites (If I actually wanted to spend money on them), probably be able to shape up alongside them. But since I am never gonna buy any boosts, I guess we will never know...

Just read this post and yikes. If you actually are here to get advice on how to get into the trials scene the best tip I can offer you is to tone down the name calling for people who run trials lol...
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're "burned out", why post about it on the forum at all? Simply take a break, that's the obvious solution to anything "burnout" related when it comes to entertainment and video games.
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    If you're "burned out", why post about it on the forum at all? Simply take a break, that's the obvious solution to anything "burnout" related when it comes to entertainment and video games.

Away with you and your common sense answers. :D
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't think you are capable enough to unlock these skins, and if you don't intend to show off, after you unlock them, I would suggest buying a trial run from a competent guild.

I don't support parasites.

Ah, prejudiced as well. Who are the parasites? I would agree, that those who are paying the money are the parasites. But those who are actually DOING the job, which means that they are skillful enough to complete the trial with basically one person less, are definitely not.

I would agree with you, if you said you don't want to become a parasite yourself, by employing money instead of skill. But calling the guys who are more skillful than you are and use their skill for a purpose, parasites? That is the measure of your judgement. And the proper judgement is important in a skillful play.

Yes, I see people who actively sell boosts as parasites. People who think they're hot *** in a champagne glass and think they're better as people compared to others, while acting like pseudo-professionals when playing the game, all the while taking advantage of fools desperate enough for a skin/unlock. I would be considered a target for them as well, if I were not adamantly against them.

And people who are hiding in corners scratching their butts? Those are just lazy people who probably hire stewards to turn on their computers for all I know. I know for myself that I'd be out dishing out damage alongside the parasites (If I actually wanted to spend money on them), probably be able to shape up alongside them. But since I am never gonna buy any boosts, I guess we will never know...

They could also people with any number of medical conditions that prevent them from achieving their goals.

Ad hominem attacks really serve no purpose in solving your problem. Let those people play their game.

I think that @Inarre made a great post. The only thing that I would add is "be honest with yourself." It helps to acknowledge what your weakness are, especially if you're trying to improve.

Not many people entered this game with magically high DPS numbers. If they have them, they worked for them, albeit some harder than others. That's what it takes.

Assuming that it's the unlocks that you're after, there's a polymorph to be unlocked in vMA. It's a good place to get to know your character, and possibly yourself. It may not need to be the highest priority depending on your skill level. Unless you're one of the few that can breeze right through it on the first few tries, it'll give you some insight.

• jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can head off burnout if you catch it at the early stages.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and "a break" is the required medicine. Nothing else will cure it.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    I'm just going to stick in the usual suggestion that ZOS include some kind of vet difficulty, whether a slider or a debuff or a separate instance for those who are frustrated with overland as it is now.

It does seem to a be a problem.

I agree. I started a new, and didn't even realize I didn't use my CP until about level 17. I just noticed indicator on the icon, and thought "oh yeah." People say newer players have difficulty, which I can see, but once you get animation cancelling down, even a bit, it becomes so easy. A vet mode OW would be much appreciated.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet mode OW would be trash and I would hate it.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because I haven't suffered complete burnout yet. Duuh.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then there's no problem, and no need for a thread.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t bring LOGIC into this! 🤣
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya, OP. Been in normal DLC dungeons, and trials for 2 years now. No progression whatsoever.
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I feel ya, OP. Been in normal DLC dungeons, and trials for 2 years now. No progression whatsoever.

Entirely your own fault.
  • IAmBones
    IAmBones
    ✭✭✭
    I just look at my achievement's page, pick something, and go after it.

Oh, I fish A LOT!!!! Its relaxing, I chat with my guildies of 12 years...I try to help people that need it..getting wayshrines and stuff like that. A lot of new players ask for simple help, I try to help them as people have helped me when I started. You would be amazed how many friends I have made just by doing something simple to give them a hand.

This is one of those rare MMO's where there is always something to do.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAmBones wrote: »

This is one of those rare MMO's where there is always something to do.

This is why I can stick with ESO when WoW and FF have left me entirely bored. I only like raiding in WoW, and I never enjoyed much in FF besides the great community.
    ESO... I can do vet trials with friends or challenger achieves, or I can work on solo things... fishing, crafting, just pugging stuff can still be challenging and fun.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then there's no problem, and no need for a thread.

Well, there kind of is a problem.

I am feeling ambitious and want to do Dungeons and Raids. Things are proving to be rather frustrating for me in that regard, and if I keep trying to push myself against it, I may very well burn out on it.

Comprende?
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Stormproof is the title you get for completing Veteran Maelstrom Arena. It doesn’t mean you’re a DPS monster or anything, but does mean you really know how to play that toon at a fairly high level of competence.

Not trying to be mean, but it sounds like your really not quite Vet Ready, and doing vet stuff anyway and it’s frustrating. Any and all gear you need can be acquired on normal, bought or farmed it yourself.

It was also proposed to make a tank or healer. Ugh, yep. You can do that.

A few things about this one: Can't even survive a few hits in the Maelstrom Arena, how is it expected to even go so far as to completing it? I guess I could try to go in there as a tank, but my houses would probably foreclose as the search party would deem me legally deceased for how long that would take.

If I am not Veteran Ready, then what do you propose I do? Normal difficulty Dungeons and Raids? Those feel unsatisfying to do because... Well, for the most part, they're not that hard.

And play as a Tank/Healer... Well I have been interested in trying those two, buuuut... Something tells me that playing a tank isn't gonna consist of "Being beaten on mercilessly while holding up a shield".
  • icjaeger90b16_ESO
    icjaeger90b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I took two breaks since beta everytime I felt bored or didn´t experienced real progression.
    Either this or you can do some archievements like getting some colours or titles.

Best to do IMO is to become master fisher, slow down a while, take another look at this beautyful ESO world, watching other players being in hurry...and relax.

(sorry for my bad english, not my native language)
    Edited by icjaeger90b16_ESO on February 11, 2019 6:18PM