The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What if snare strength were halved via battle spirit?

Ranger209
Ranger209
✭✭✭✭✭
Along with damage and healing and shields, would that be to broad of a stroke?
Edited by Ranger209 on February 7, 2019 12:23PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snares need rework.
    Not sure if this would help but its a start.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean why not just reduce all snare strength by half globally, it's not like snares are an important part of PvE.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are important for tanking
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase the cost and reduce the effectiveness of roots and snares. That works for me.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you mean increase cost lol.
    So many snares tied to passive like DK ones
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one likes being snared, but they are important for gameplay purposes to counter high mobility builds.

The past year has exposed the value of mobility via the introduction of swift and the subsequent widespread nerf to abilities that improve mobility.

I think the main problem atm are spammable AE snares and immobilizations and the lack of a good Magicka counters. Nerfing encase and adding counters would solve a lot of problems.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    No one likes being snared, but they are important for gameplay purposes to counter high mobility builds.

The past year has exposed the value of mobility via the introduction of swift and the subsequent widespread nerf to abilities that improve mobility.

I think the main problem atm are spammable AE snares and immobilizations and the lack of a good Magicka counters. Nerfing encase and adding counters would solve a lot of problems.

Your last part negates the first one. High mobility isn't so easily achieveable anymore. Hell, I just came back after a few months break and playing PvP feels horrible slow to the point I don't see any use running speed pots anymore. I miss that constant maj exp uptime :(
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even for stam high mobility isn’t easily achieved. Tbh do you really need a 70% snare in pve anyway? A 30-40% snare is just as good for trash mobs in pve
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you have it backwards. Since speedbuffs typically also remove snare/immo and grant immunity to it, not only snare/immo does not counter them, but they are effectively defined by the fact they are largely untoched by it. In other words, these "counters" counter everything else but high mobility builds, because they turn low mobility builds into no mobility whatsoever builds that can not deliver nor avoid damage, which makes high mobility builds vastly superior.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on February 8, 2019 1:39AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

I think you have it backwards. Since speedbuffs typically also remove snare/immo and grant immunity to it, not only snare/immo does not counter them, but they are effectively defined by the fact they are largely untoched by it. In other words, these "counters" counter everything else but high mobility builds, because they turn low mobility builds into no mobility whatsoever builds that can not deliver nor avoid damage, which makes high mobility builds vastly superior.

Retreating Maneuvers and Elusive Mist are the only speedbuffs on live that remove and grant immunity to snare/immobilizations, and retreating is losing that, which leaves only Elusive Mist. No other sources of Major/Minor expedition remove snares/immobilizations.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    They are important for tanking

Nope
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, make it 25% decrease strengt as Warden already have 15% Redguards possible get 15% and Light armor also got passive to reduce 20%.

So 25% increased strengt of snairs via battle spirit sounds really welcome.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    I like it, make it 25% decrease strengt as Warden already have 15% Redguards possible get 15% and Light armor also got passive to reduce 20%.

So 25% increased strengt of snairs via battle spirit sounds really welcome.

wat?
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of snares in vMA. I think cyrodill is supposed to be more difficult.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do, it's called speed buffs lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Retreating Maneuvers and Elusive Mist are the only speedbuffs on live that remove and grant immunity to snare/immobilizations, and retreating is losing that, which leaves only Elusive Mist. No other sources of Major/Minor expedition remove snares/immobilizations.

Correction: Retreating Maneuvers and Elusive Mist are the only speedbuffs on live that ARE SUPPOSED TO remove and grant immunity to snare/immobilization. Mist doesn't always work, especially in big (laggy) fights.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think jabs needs a 70% snare because it has a 1.1 second melee channel. It is easy enough to dodge roll out of it the snare only lasts 2 seconds. If you cut it down to 35% people can walk out of jabs without a dodge roll? and once they are out counter. And razor caltrops are there to provide some kind of structure to engagements so it isn't two groups slamming into each other over and over. You have to avoid the caltrops and if you get hit use a skill to remove it otherwise you strike from range or get under it and use a gap closer. Maybe stampede needs to be adjusted because it is a gap closer a spammable?
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time Battle spirit was adjusted or anything? I don’t think the current devs know how to adjust battle spirit.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    When was the last time Battle spirit was adjusted or anything? I don’t think the current devs know how to adjust battle spirit.
    It might have been 2.1. Of course ZOS can adjust it any time they choose. It's inconceivable that they cannot.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    70% 50% 30% it’s not gonna matter much unless we also get better options for counterplay and more options. Unless they’re removed from most skills and AOE snares are more or less removed except for caltrops and maybe permafrost. But the ease with which snares are applied and the lack of a way to counter them is the death sentence the not necessarily the percent of the snare.