The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Adventurer Pack (any race any alliance) needs to be made free or DEEPLY discounted

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With the latest round of racial changes today, ZOS has ensured that neither Altmer nor Dunmer will be in the meta anymore. Breton and Khajiit are the clear-cut BiS magicka DD races (they were before today too, but the gap just widened).

This means that for any Dunmer to race change, they will need to buy the Adventurer Pack for $20. Yes, you read that right, Twenty *** dollars.

Altmer will likewise need to buy the pack if they don't want to change to a Khajiit (which is understandable since the beastfolk aesthetic doesn't work for everyone).

So ZOS, cut the *** crap. It's obvious you are doing this on purpose. The Adventurer Pack better be *** deeply discounted (like 75% off) when this patch goes live, if not outright free.
Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 4, 2019 11:02PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today's change is PTS only?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Yep, but it's looking like they have their sights set on these changes. Testing showed that Altmer were only slightly behind Breton and Khajiit before today. So they NERFED them to ensure they are no longer competitive. It's obvious they want Altmer and Dunmer out of the meta.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 "I paid for it so this thing should never be given out for free" crowd. I have a ad redguard and have put my upgrade to great use and wouldn't mind it becoming free
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the pack but support it being discounted or free for the current state of the game anyway. Let people have options.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They won't do it. Especially if these changes are made to sell more of these. I prefer not to believe that, but a lot of people seem to.
    PC/EU DC
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456728/update-on-race-change-tokens
    Tank Girl
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't do it. Especially if these changes are made to sell more of these. I prefer not to believe that, but a lot of people seem to.

I know they won't. But I'm calling them out on it. These underhanded business practices are disgusting.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know they won't. But I'm calling them out on it. These underhanded business practices are disgusting.

Yeah, I've seen you around talking about the racial changes. Keep it up. All I can say is "Rage, Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achill... Uh Altmer"!
    PC/EU DC
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a other note... If I have to race change from Altmer to Breton, can I have an alliance change so I don't have a Breton in AD. It hurts my imurshun...
    PC/EU DC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just split up the entire pack, officially retire the CE maps, put the Bantam Guar back in the store for 400 crowns, and offer the ARAA upgrade by itself for 1200 crowns.

That feels fair.
    signing off
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Imperials and Any race, any alliance with my pre-purchase, so this doesn't really concern me... but I think it's about time to fold these into the base game. Those upgrades are five years old by now, selling them for full price is kinda rude. People who buy the game today should be getting the complete thing for their money.

That said, they don't really owe us any "meta". When you make the conscious choice to chase the "meta", you know very well that it can change with any future patch (much like it did change several times before). Sure it's annoying, but such is the nature of online games. They aren't doing it to sell more upgrades, they are doing it because it makes sense in the context of the game...
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Imperials and Any race, any alliance with my pre-purchase, so this doesn't really concern me... but I think it's about time to fold these into the base game. Those upgrades are five years old by now, selling them for full price is kinda rude. People who buy the game today should be getting the complete thing for their money.

That said, they don't really owe us any "meta". When you make the conscious choice to chase the "meta", you know very well that it can change with any future patch (much like it did change several times before). Sure it's annoying, but such is the nature of online games. They aren't doing it to sell more upgrades, they are doing it because it makes sense in the context of the game...

By making an Altmer or Dunmer, you assumed that they would always be near the top of magicka DPS because they are THE magicka races in the lore. We didn't think ZOS would trample all over the lore like this.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 4, 2019 11:49PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I was saying we shouldn't be doing those meta tests on the first round PTS nerf.

It just gave ZOS clearcut targets for the second round PTS nerf, and gave marketing plenty of time to bake those nerfs into their immediate business strategy. Looks like that's exactly what happened.

I wouldn't mind if the ARAA pack went on sale, but I don't think it should be free. Many people, including myself, paid for the pack for the perks, and it'd be a slap in the face to those oldbies who paid for it before these nerfs.
    PC-NA Goat
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I was saying we shouldn't be doing those meta tests on the first round PTS nerf.

It just gave ZOS clearcut targets for the second round PTS nerf, and gave marketing plenty of time to bake those nerfs into their immediate business strategy. Looks like that's exactly what happened.

I wouldn't mind if the ARAA pack went on sale, but I don't think it should be free. Many people, including myself, paid for the pack for the perks, and it'd be a slap in the face to those oldbies who paid for it before these nerfs.

Those tests showed that Altmer were the third best magicka DPS race. Nobody in their right minds thought they would NERF them. But it's obvious now. Those tests showed that Altmer was too close to Breton and Khajiit and ZOS' goal was to completely knock them out of the meta. There is no reason to race change if you're only 0.5% behind the meta. Now there is a reason.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 5, 2019 12:00AM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the same time, I'm a bit conflicted on whether people should even buy the ARAA at all.

Since ZOS has now shoehorned many people into having to buy it just to change their race to the meta races, it feels like if people paid for the pack it would be normalizing ZOS's business behavior here and making it okay.

I dunno, maybe it should be free. It's a complex situation to be sure.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those tests showed that Altmer were the third best magicka DPS race. Nobody in their right minds thought they would NERF them. But it's obvious now. Those tests showed that Altmer was too close to Breton and Khajiit and ZOS' goal was to completely knock them out of the meta. There is no reason to race change if you're only 0.5% behind the meta. Now there is a reason.

I highly suspected they would. Ever since the recent shake-up at ZOS HQ, they've been more aggressive in their language at trying to "break the mold".

I'd bet that this is probably going to be their modus operandi for the foreseeable future at least. I'm bracing for more extreme changes this year.

PC-NA Goat
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456728/update-on-race-change-tokens

Players who don't have ARAA will be locked in to only being able to change to one of the other two races in their current faction - even if that race change is free. I think that was the OPs point.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

Players who don't have ARAA will be locked in to only being able to change to one of the other two races in their current faction - even if that race change is free. I think that was the OPs point.

This.

Dunmer currently need ARAA if they want to switch to either of the meta races.

Altmer needs ARAA if they don't want to be a Khajiit (which is understandable as not everyone likes the beastfolk aesthetic).
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By making an Altmer or Dunmer, you assumed that they would always be near the top of magicka DPS because they are THE magicka races in the lore. We didn't think ZOS would trample all over the lore like this.

Um.... no. I made my racial choices from an RP standpoint, as I always do. I have a dunmer stamblade - she's fun to play now that I've figured stuff out.... I have an altmer magden, LOVE her and her playstyle. Playstyles may have to undergo a change after Wrathstone - but I'm not fussed about it.

I'm not race/alliance changing anyone. All my toons have backstories, and life stories. And mostly more-or-less lore appropriate names.

Not changing any of it/them. Not on either account. And yes I realize I'm not exactly "normal".
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    inb4 "I paid for it so this thing should never be given out for free" crowd. I have a ad redguard and have put my upgrade to great use and wouldn't mind it becoming free

I got a boxed copy that came with ghe Adventurer Pack (Which I guess means I paid extra for it), and I believe it is a really vital component to the game for it to be truly enjoyable.

So yes. It should go free. Kinda weird it wasn't free from the get-go after you completed the main story ans it being a feature you get for alts.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS, cut the *** crap. It's obvious you are doing this on purpose. The Adventurer Pack better be *** deeply discounted (like 75% off) when this patch goes live, if not outright free.

About time some of you started working this out. When it happens, a lot of you cry "Oh, Zos is incompetent". Really? You think they're mathematically inept? How amusing. I guarantee you they have plenty of analysis tools where they plug in number changes to see what happens.

The only reason they "need" to balance with a sledgehammer in what is now a mature game is to give you all something to chase. And the best part is, the changes, in percentage terms, are actually minimal, and regardless of this, you all take the bait, and keep chasing the meta, despite the fact that most of you will never even feel the changes, because you're not the 1%ers.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, but it's looking like they have their sights set on these changes. Testing showed that Altmer were only slightly behind Breton and Khajiit before today. So they NERFED them to ensure they are no longer competitive. It's obvious they want Altmer and Dunmer out of the meta.

An entertaining stat to be made public is, how many characters are being actively played that are Altmer or Dunmer compared to the other races?

... I bet it is a large volume of the player base which results in more race changes needing to take place, and I guarantee that many people have more than 3 which will be covered by the free race change tokens. This entire debacle is nothing more than a cash grab. It's shameful to even think a company would stoop so damn low, especially since those mostly affected are long time players that have been supporting the game over the years. Of course this is all speculation on my part, but based on their actions of both the past and present, it is very hard not to speculate this is the driving force behind these changes.
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood this "any race any alliance". Why? This took out all the flavor of the factions, it became what it is today: blue, yellow and red team. Yay go team!

A nord fighting for the Dominion? Nonsense!
    Oh wait! No, it's a nord fighting for the yellow team, go team!

*sigh*
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood this "any race any alliance". Why? This took out all the flavor of the factions, it became what it is today: blue, yellow and red team. Yay go team!

A nord fighting for the Dominion? Nonsense!
    Oh wait! No, it's a nord fighting for the yellow team, go team!

*sigh*

It's needed here because ZOS just nerfed a bunch of the top races and players need to switch to new races now. The new meta races are in different factions from the old meta races.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 5, 2019 3:56AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Delete]
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 5, 2019 3:55AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭

It's needed here because ZOS just nerfed a bunch of the top races and players need to witch to new races now. The new meta races are in different factions from the old meta races.

Ok, what's the big deal? Some minor percentages won't save people. If the player is bad, 5% more damage or health wont change the outcome of a fight. A play pvp mostly and even with bad class/race combination I beat people up left and right. If a player is unable to adapt to stat changes, he's bad. If a player is unable to change his playstyle, he's bad.

It seems to me that this forum is just a bunch of children who had the new toy in town and now are crying because it's not the newest anymore.

Changes are good, for better or worse, it let the people working on the game to test out more stuff, to see where it went wrong and change next patch, quit crying everybody.

Also, GIT GUD
    Edited by BrokenString on February 5, 2019 3:59AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's needed here because ZOS just nerfed a bunch of the top races and players need to witch to new races now. The new meta races are in different factions from the old meta races.

Ok, what's the big deal? Some minor percentages won't save people. If the player is bad, 5% more damage or health wont change the outcome of a fight. A play pvp mostly and even with bad class/race combination I beat people up left and right. If a player is unable to adapt to stat changes, he's bad. If a player is unable to change his playstyle, he's bad.

It seems to me that this forum is just a bunch of children who had the new toy in town and now are crying because it's not the newest anymore.

Changes are good, for bad or worse, it let the people working on the game to test out more stuff, to see where it went wrong and change next patch, quit crying everybody.

Also, GIT GUD

If you compete for leader board scores, you need optimal performance. You don't get additional score points for running a suboptimal race.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »

An entertaining stat to be made public is, how many characters are being actively played that are Altmer or Dunmer compared to the other races?

... I bet it is a large volume of the player base which results in more race changes needing to take place, and I guarantee that many people have more than 3 which will be covered by the free race change tokens. This entire debacle is nothing more than a cash grab. It's shameful to even think a company would stoop so damn low, especially since those mostly affected are long time players that have been supporting the game over the years. Of course this is all speculation on my part, but based on their actions of both the past and present, it is very hard not to speculate this is the driving force behind these changes.

Well, I can only speak for myself: I have 3 dunmer and an altmer on two accounts. Of course, I'm not done making toons on the second account....

And I won't be worrying about the nerfs when I do make others. I make toons who have lives, backstories, and reasons for adventuring. I don't EVER EVER chase meta.
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Well, I can only speak for myself: I have 3 dunmer and an altmer on two accounts. Of course, I'm not done making toons on the second account....

And I won't be worrying about the nerfs when I do make others. I make toons who have lives, backstories, and reasons for adventuring. I don't EVER EVER chase meta.

This.

People often forget what RPG means, they play this like it was CS or FIFA. It's not even an E-sport ffs
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

what? i can't even change my race to a competitive race if i don't have some adventure pack?