The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What to do with Purple Treasures / Blue Monster Trophies?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just got my first purple stolen (Serpent-Veil of Orgnum). It warns me if I try to sell it, but I don't see how I would ever use it. Can someone tell me if I should keep it and why if so?

I also have items like the blue Magnificent Bat Pelt that is part of an achievement. Different item, but do I need to keep that or is the achievement set even if I destroy/sell it?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell them to an npc/fence. Sadly, that's all they're good for. Your achievements will not be affected. Any found achievement items will still count as found/unlocked etc.
    Edited by Numerikuu on January 31, 2019 8:53PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sells blue monster trophies to merchants, you get 50 gold for each one. Unsure about the stolen item. Guessing you went to a fence?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • twisttop138
    twisttop138
    ✭✭
    The purple stolen treasure I totally get, but what is the purpose of blue monster trophies? I had hoped they were furnishings but they are not. For achievement hunters?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are collection achievements for some of the monster ones. They are listed under achievements somewhere.

Just sell them like the others. No reason to keep them
    Beta tester November 2013
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look in your journal under achievements, character, trophies. You'll see the monster trophies listed there. You get a dyes for completing each category.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Look in your journal under achievements, character, trophies. You'll see the monster trophies listed there. You get a dyes for completing each category.

I saw the check for the blue trophies, once I found it. I am just worried the setting would go away if I sold it.
    Sells blue monster trophies to merchants, you get 50 gold for each one. Unsure about the stolen item. Guessing you went to a fence?

Yes. I was going to sell it to the fence, but the system warned me. The text indicates it could modify clothing, but I don't see how, so I am asking.

Thanks for the replies!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    irregardless of the color - I keep some of the more "interesting" items to link in zone chat on occasion...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I saw the check for the blue trophies, once I found it. I am just worried the setting would go away if I sold it.

Yes. I was going to sell it to the fence, but the system warned me. The text indicates it could modify clothing, but I don't see how, so I am asking.

Thanks for the replies!

Selling them makes will not effect the achievement.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you get achievements for everything almost. I turned left four times in Wayrest and received a you are back where you started notice. But yes just sell them.