The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Tale of Two Crowns - Group Combat

Ishtharo
Ishtharo
✭✭✭
After looking around, I couldn't find much content related to two groups going head to head with a perspective of both.
So I made it.
With permission from Pale Orc, I used his Stream VOD synced with mine to see both sides of the chess match that is two good leaders tangoing with their groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPOiWdvBXbQ
Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GREAT IDEA! Would have been cooler if you could see both side by side (with captions instead of voice). So you can see the play by play in real time.

Great idea and video though!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    GREAT IDEA! Would have been cooler if you could see both side by side (with captions instead of voice). So you can see the play by play in real time.

You don’t say....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PYGEj_5rYkE

There’s a bunch like it in my GvG strategies video on my channel
    Edited by Thogard on January 30, 2019 11:51PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭

That's a great idea! If I do another one (I'd love to because it was really fun editing it), I'll do that :)
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

You don’t say....

Very cool, I'll check it out. Did see it in any searches, apologies I missed it!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

You don’t say....

hot
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, and as an Xbox player this is the first time I've ever seen DC and EP fight each other.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, I’ve gone against both guilds in pvp and they’re both good.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Nice, I’ve gone against both guilds in pvp and they’re both good.

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make, and both guilds are very skilled :)
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14v22 first fight
    But I think the concept could be good.
    Use a dead campaign and set the objective as a keep/resource/town and the goal is to capture the flags and hold for x minutes.
    Either start with walls down or make that part of the process with x v x
    Same size groups.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Except this wasnt intended to be organized this was just fights that occurred and @Ishtharo was able to show both sides.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »
    Except this wasnt intended to be organized this was just fights that occurred and @Ishtharo was able to show both sides.

Yea I know it wasn’t organized.
    I’m saying making it organized in a dead location would remove outside variables and make for some fun fights.
    Otherwise if it’s a 14v22 the entire time it’s not really a good interpretation of how a fight would take place and the decisions that both gm’s would make in the moment.
    If lom has 8 more do they get more damage and extra negates for aggressive pushes? If ep knows lom has equal numbers does it influence their decisions and where/how to hit.

Because it was so one sided it takes from the purpose which was to showcase tactics.

Its the equivalent of consortium stealth bombing animosity 18v6 and showing both perspectives for the tactics.

Which brings me back to my original idea. Mock battles where the scenario is made clear the field is even and both sides know who they are fighting.
    How does each gm interact with the terrain to best win the battle and win the objective.
    Cheydinhal is a really cool place to do such fights
    Edited by Irylia on February 1, 2019 8:31PM
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Cres wrote: »

Yea I know it wasn’t organized.
    I’m saying making it organized in a dead location would remove outside variables and make for some fun fights.
    Otherwise if it’s a 14v22 the entire time it’s not really a good interpretation of how a fight would take place and the decisions that both gm’s would make in the moment.
    If lom has 8 more do they get more damage and extra negates for aggressive pushes? If ep knows lom has equal numbers does it influence their decisions and where/how to hit.

Because it was so one sided it takes from the purpose which was to showcase tactics.

Its the equivalent of consortium stealth bombing animosity 18v6 and showing both perspectives for the tactics.

Which brings me back to my original idea. Mock battles where the scenario is made clear the field is even and both sides know who they are fighting.
    How does each gm interact with the terrain to best win the battle and win the objective.
    Cheydinhal is a really cool place to do such fights

The idea you have here is great! Maybe I'll try to organize that some time.

The purpose of this video is to showcase how to good organized groups function out in the wild. Unfortunately, the vast majority of Cyrodiil is not even. I think LoM did spectacularly. In general, they wipe us and we wipe them, regardless of a numbers advantage in either direction.

The reason why the footage shown is what it is, is because I only recently got back into streaming, and it's what I happen to have available :)

I think it's important, especially for aspiring raid leads, to understand that being outnumbered is not a death sentence, and that good tactics do play in. If this was any other DC group of that size on Sotha, this wouldn't have even been a fight, but LoM waded in there, got some kills, and survived very well given their circumstances.

I do plan to put out more videos of this nature, especially with the tides of Sotha shifting. THis video was a test run, both for my editing abilities and support of this kind of content. So far, it looks positive :)