The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Kicking around the idea of a Sorc Healer. What are some gear and bar set ups to shoot for?

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
I have a petsorc that I never use, so I am thinking of converting it into a healer for dungeons and trials (figure off-healer). What are the main set combinations healers use these days, and is there a preference to what goes on body and what goes on jewelry and weapons?

My current set-up is Olo resto/lighting and two body pieces. Jewelry and body is sanctuary (I also have a sanctuary resto in the bank). Earthgore/Bogden/Troll king as monster sets. I also have an IA set of jewelry and lightning staff in the bank
vFG1 HM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For trials, the only skill you need is the storm attro so the stamboys can synergize for major berzerk and pull 80k. The other Templar healer in your raid will do everything else. :smiley:
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll want Liquid Lightning or Lightning Flood to give the tank conduit Synergies for Alkosh. You also need to use any Dark Magic ability every 20s to give the group Minor Prophecy (there’s not really a good skill for healers in there, just pick one that is least inconvenient to you). Lightning Elemental Blockade is helpful for off-balance and works well with the Sorc healer toolkit. The Twilight Matriarch is needed on both bars for the burst heal that no longer dies to mechanics. And don’t forget Energy Orbs, since you won’t have the option to throw Templar Shards. Elemental Drain and Combat Prayer are necessary buffs for most trial content. On top of that you might want a couple Healing over time skills like Healing Springs and Rapid Regen (or Mutagen). If you have the bar space, consider Empowered Ward for your own survival and to provide Minor Intellect to the group. Purge is also necessary for some fights, with the cheaper morph being preferred. And if you still have extra bar space then Bound Aegis and/or Inner Light provide nice passives (you usually won’t have room for either).

Warhorn is going to be your standard ultimate for trials. I often slot Barrier as an ultimate on one bar just for the extra 10% Magicka Regen. Negate has a few uses for stunning groups of weak enemies. Storm Atronach or Elemental Rage can be nice in dungeons to up group DPS.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You usually don't want Olorime on the sorc healer in trials, because if you backbar it, which you usually should, you only have Liquid Lightning to proc it and you always want that skill on the tank and not move it around through the DDs.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up @Tasear s builds and you won't go wrong. She's the grandhealing Pet master (lady!)!

Sorc heal is a great setup, my preference. Fun on the easier stuff and DPS to speed up normal runs and viable in Vet stuff too with decent setups.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jorvulds is nice because you sorf already has cost reduction on ultimate so faster war horns. Also boundless storm will be better next patch for kiting a s healer.

For trials healers want 1-2 synergies on demand. If there's no other sorcs in group...which unlikely then use liquid lighting or other morph, unless consider blood atlar, trapping webs (when zos fixes it), bone shield. Take note undaunted synergies have 2-3 verisions.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    For trials healers want 1-2 synergies on demand. If there's no other sorcs in group...which unlikely then use liquid lighting or other morph, unless consider blood atlar, trapping webs (when zos fixes it), bone shield. Take note undaunted synergies have 2-3 verisions.

remove bone shield from the synergy list (maybe trapping web too, not sure, didnt use) because u gotta stand on the tank for him to activate it, not good for healing trials. but ye, Jorvuld's is awesome, blood altar. lightening flood, orbs<--- i think good options
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge is also necessary for some fights, with the cheaper morph being preferred.

The rest is correct, but Sorcs should ALWAYS use the more expansive healing Purge. That's the whole point of a purging Sorc.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Purge is also necessary for some fights, with the cheaper morph being preferred.

The rest is correct, but Sorcs should ALWAYS use the more expansive healing Purge. That's the whole point of a purging Sorc.

Why? The healing part is often not needed and in some fights not at all beneficial. Take the first boss of vHOF for example, if you go for a burst you will not be able to sustain the healing morph without a massive impact on your support.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

remove bone shield from the synergy list (maybe trapping web too, not sure, didnt use) because u gotta stand on the tank for him to activate it, not good for healing trials. but ye, Jorvuld's is awesome, blood altar. lightening flood, orbs<--- i think good options

I did say when trapping webs was fixed. Bone shield just takes more skill to get be use. Still most people will have Sorc dps in their trials so liquid lighting is a redundancy.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

I want proof for this statement. How in world would you sustain it?