The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

magplar dps spammable

Edziu
Edziu
✭✭✭✭✭
in overall in my question it doesnt matter on range or melee build etc

I only want to know which is better for max dps - elemental weapon ot puncturing sweeps?
as few my friends suggest elemental weapon is better in overall as it is from alcast build...while I think jabs should be better for max dps as this is class skill with synergy to passives + it is melee - so should do more dps in logic of this game
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    If you are solid at light attack weaving, ele weapon will win for single target. Force pulse is a little worse. Jabs a little worse still but have a nice heal and some aoe.
    Edited by royo on January 28, 2019 10:41PM
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps in and of itself (plus Burning Light procs) will do more damage per cast than elemental weapon / force pulse. The channel time means that on a damage per second basis it ends up doing less, and pushes out refreshing of DoTs by a bit too.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Sweeps in and of itself (plus Burning Light procs) will do more damage per cast than elemental weapon / force pulse. The channel time means that on a damage per second basis it ends up doing less, and pushes out refreshing of DoTs by a bit too.

that was what I was thinking about why sweeps should do more dps

but what you mean it ends up doing less damage?

in overall even elemental weapon will end doing less damage because we need to stop spam this to refresh dots, same with sweeps :P

I just need more sure confirmation as which spammable will do better for max dps then
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run Combat Metrics and look at the combat log you can see what is happening more clearly. If you cast elemental weapon, weave a light attack, then hit some other skill, roughly a second will have passed. If you do the same with sweeps, more time will have elapsed. This means both that the attack itself has eaten more time but also that when lining up your other DoTs you go from being able to, say, refresh blockade near exactly 8s from previous cast, to refreshing it at 8.Xs, losing a bit of damage to the downtime. if you get that same effect across multiple DoTs it can add up.

There's also secondary effects in there. Sweeps is an Aedric ability so you get the passive which can be nice if not using the Aedric ultimate on the bar without Spear. It also increase the chance of proccing Burning Light. Finally, it does good cleave damage. Elemental weapon can apply status effects, which especially when solo / parsing against dummies can have a big impact because of concussed applying minor vulnerability. Elemental weapon can also trigger spell orbs if using frequently.

Long story short, it depends. For pure single target damage output elemental is likely the way to go. If the cleave or healing is valuable in a specific scenario or if you have no other Aedric ability on the bar, sweeps is likely to be the better choice.