The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ruined Bow Skill Bombard = Discrepancy Between Melee Counters and Bow Counters

• Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A full bow build was never viable or competetive and was never meant to do so
    Choose a proper frontbar weapon and play around your classes defensive mechanics

What youre asking for is a WEAPON SKILL LINE to have just as strong defensive mechanics as a CLASS, wtf?

This game allows you to build a character how you want. So yes a bow build should have those mechanics. Not everyone wants or enjoys playing class skills. I hate how certain people need cookie cutter examples for their world to make sense or they get mad. Some people do not enjoy class abilities or want to make a character based on them.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into a tag-team of 2 bow users yesterday in a BG. 1 only spammed bombard and magnum shot. The other focused on doing the damage. It was extremely tedious, I think I spend 90% of the time CC'ed. Absolutely no need for improvement of CC skills.
  • Ariavellon
    Ariavellon
    ✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    Choose a proper frontbar weapon and play around your classes defensive mechanics

What youre asking for is a WEAPON SKILL LINE to have just as strong defensive mechanics as a CLASS, wtf?

This game allows you to build a character how you want. So yes a bow build should have those mechanics. Not everyone wants or enjoys playing class skills. I hate how certain people need cookie cutter examples for their world to make sense or they get mad. Some people do not enjoy class abilities or want to make a character based on them.

Not really how ever you want...at least if you want to be a decent player. If you use argument some people don't like class skills so each weapon should have every posible buff, debuff burst and stuff like that i want resto/resto dps to be viable so in order to do that give me stun snare burst dmg and tools to counter melee builds on my resto staff...
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Went on pts to test, the snare from bombard does not stop you from reapplying bombard, at least on mobs, didn't test with an other snare but don't think I have too. Pretty sure the skill already does what you want OP
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99GixomxrRs
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went on pts to test, the snare from bombard does not stop you from reapplying bombard, at least on mobs, didn't test with an other snare but don't think I have too. Pretty sure the skill already does what you want OP

Yeah, thanks. @SodanTok noticed that too earlier in the thread. Must've been a stealth change because I never saw any patch note on it. I then went back looking at old patch notes and still couldn't find any saying that they reverted the skill -- I am pleased, though :)
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less people would spam snipe if BG's if you could get anywhere close to the fight in medium armor without getting permsnared and blasted down by ball groups of tanks spamming heals and ae damage while bleeds and weapon procs tear you apart.