Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New "Neutral Party" Faction for PVE'ers wanting to explore Cyrodiil.

• Chronocidal
    Chronocidal
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the "gold vendor" to be somewhere accessible for the BG players who have the AP to spend but have never set foot in cyrodiil or the IC
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Give them a PvE only campaign with all PvP achievements, AP, PvP drops, and objectives disabled.

This is probably the most rational agreement to a compromise I have ever seen.
    Could even name the campaign "Spineless".

Spoke too soon, nevermind.

Could say the same for PvP players who don't want to do PvE content. That they are "Spineless" or "Too weak" to want to go do dungeons, all the while conveniently ignoring the concept of "Personal preference".
    I think the real reason most PVP players don't like the idea is because it takes away easy kills, though most will deny it. Killing other players makes them feel good, and killing more often makes them feel good more often. It fuels their ego.

Now, I have no problem with this, whatever is fun for people so be it. But I for one won't fuel somebody's ego at my own time and expense.

This is basically it, really. PvP players aren't worried about Cyrodiil's design being undermined because of a separate PvE campaign. They're just worried that they will lose out on easy PvE players on the road, to give themselves sexual pleasure when killing them in a square millisecond.

It really wouldn't be so annoying, if they were just honest about it.

Oh poppycock, hardly anybody hunts PvE players doing quests, not worth the time.
    Now if we are in a delve getting an ap buff and come across an enemy faction player we have no way of knowing you are just collecting shards so be prepared to fight. So many times we have let a player go in a delve only for them to come back and bomb us at the boss.

"Hardly anyone" doesn't really translate to "Nobody", though. And we're not talking about delves or quests in my example.
    This is basically it, really. PvP players aren't worried about Cyrodiil's design being undermined because of a separate PvE campaign. They're just worried that they will lose out on easy PvE players on the road, to give themselves sexual pleasure when killing them in a square millisecond.

As for myself, I became a PVPer precisely because ZOS' design for encouraging PVE players to come to Cyrodiil for fish, shyshards, delves and achievements got me to come to Cyrodiil and try out PVP. I discovered I liked it - something I would have never, ever tried out if ZOS hadn't put those Master Angler fish in Cyrodiil.

That's one reason I point of the benefits to ZOS of getting PVE-only players to try out Cyrodiil - in my case, it worked!

Well, good for you that you enjoy PvP... In Cyrodiil.

I on the other hand enjoy PvP only in Battlegrounds... At low levels. When I am leveling up new characters. Where I often at least have a proper chance at surviving conflict and not get absolutely obliterated by PvP players who have played PvP more than I have played the game in its entirety (Though I will admit I am feeling determined to play a bit of PvP once I level my latest character up... Even though it means getting the character repeatedly torn to pieces by better equipped players and who probably know how to deal with things better).

In fact, I will say it right now: *** Cyrodiil's PvP, it can go suck on Boethiah's toes for all I care, and I'd rather get an *** of scalding hot water performed on me than actively do any PvP in that dismal place, and the same goes for the Imperial City. Only way you'll actually convince me to go there actively is if they got separate PvE Campaigns.

So let's strive to have a constructive conversation here in the future, okay?

giphy.gif

There you go @VaranisArano ...

And they say PvP'ers are toxic, eh?
    Guess that's what happens when you try to be civil to a zealot.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Give them a PvE only campaign with all PvP achievements, AP, PvP drops, and objectives disabled.

Could say the same for PvP players who don't want to do PvE content. That they are "Spineless" or "Too weak" to want to go do dungeons, all the while conveniently ignoring the concept of "Personal preference".
    I think the real reason most PVP players don't like the idea is because it takes away easy kills, though most will deny it. Killing other players makes them feel good, and killing more often makes them feel good more often. It fuels their ego.

Now, I have no problem with this, whatever is fun for people so be it. But I for one won't fuel somebody's ego at my own time and expense.

Oh poppycock, hardly anybody hunts PvE players doing quests, not worth the time.
    Now if we are in a delve getting an ap buff and come across an enemy faction player we have no way of knowing you are just collecting shards so be prepared to fight. So many times we have let a player go in a delve only for them to come back and bomb us at the boss.

"Hardly anyone" doesn't really translate to "Nobody", though. And we're not talking about delves or quests in my example.

As for myself, I became a PVPer precisely because ZOS' design for encouraging PVE players to come to Cyrodiil for fish, shyshards, delves and achievements got me to come to Cyrodiil and try out PVP. I discovered I liked it - something I would have never, ever tried out if ZOS hadn't put those Master Angler fish in Cyrodiil.

That's one reason I point of the benefits to ZOS of getting PVE-only players to try out Cyrodiil - in my case, it worked!

I on the other hand enjoy PvP only in Battlegrounds... At low levels. When I am leveling up new characters. Where I often at least have a proper chance at surviving conflict and not get absolutely obliterated by PvP players who have played PvP more than I have played the game in its entirety (Though I will admit I am feeling determined to play a bit of PvP once I level my latest character up... Even though it means getting the character repeatedly torn to pieces by better equipped players and who probably know how to deal with things better).

In fact, I will say it right now: *** Cyrodiil's PvP, it can go suck on Boethiah's toes for all I care, and I'd rather get an *** of scalding hot water performed on me than actively do any PvP in that dismal place, and the same goes for the Imperial City. Only way you'll actually convince me to go there actively is if they got separate PvE Campaigns.

giphy.gif

I should probably elaborate.

While the Doctor Evil gif may seem I am just absolutely hostile, it was as a response to what sounded like patronizing condescension. I would however be open to a civil discussion, but everyone who seems to be against the idea of a PvE Campaign for the Imperial City and Cyrodiil, are throwing tantrums all over the place, or when someone decides to agree to the compromise of "No PvP rewards what so ever", he has to ruin it by calling it the "Spineless Campaign".

It was also a response because it sounds really absolutely stupid to say "Cyrodiil can invite PvE players to become PvP lovers", ignoring a few key things that may put a dent in that theory: PvE players who hate PvP won't suddenly fall in love with it just because they're in Cyrodiil, this is an unrealistic thing (May happen for some, but those people are probably PvP enthusiasts to begin with). Personally I'll feel absolutely anxious, and once I get killed in the place, I'll groan in absolute annoyance because I'd have to travel AAALL the way back to the Delve or whatever I was doing, which may very well be on the other part of the map depending on the keep placements. That is not enjoyable, same as how it was not fun to get killed by randos in The Dark Zone (Not to mention that any encounter left my heart pounding at my chest. Heart pounding is not a pleasant feeling).

And secondly: Battlegrounds. Why would anyone want to go to Cyrodiil when they can queue up for a Battleground and get their PvP fix there? I know I am getting my PvP fix from those places, and I don't feel the need to sully my Khajiit's feet by going to Cyrodiil. Although inevitably I'll have to go there if I want more Skyshards.

Also, cute that you call me a "Zealot", when I've pretty much gone on record as someone who thinks that ESO is only really excellent for the open-world experience, even though the open world is rather easy and could do well with a difficulty slider in the form of Cadwell's bizarre magic tricks. Sure I enjoy dungeons, but people don't seem all that welcoming there for the most part, so I can't say I wanna bother with those. Sure PvP in Battlegrounds is alright, but I really do those only when I am streaming for my girlfriend, because she likes to see how I play games.

Actually, let me ask this question: Give me a reason why I would actually like to do PvP in Cyrodiil. Just one, really. And make it a good one, don't just say "You get to kill people while attacking keeps", because I've actually done that, then realized that I had no fun in it, and decided to stay away from Cyrodiil's PvP until Battlegrounds came.
    Edited by Kalgert on January 27, 2019 9:02PM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by Kalgert on January 27, 2019 9:01PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

While the Doctor Evil gif may seem I am just absolutely hostile, it was as a response to what sounded like patronizing condescension. I would however be open to a civil discussion, but everyone who seems to be against the idea of a PvE Campaign for the Imperial City and Cyrodiil, are throwing tantrums all over the place, or when someone decides to agree to the compromise of "No PvP rewards what so ever", he has to ruin it by calling it the "Spineless Campaign".

It was also a response because it sounds really absolutely stupid to say "Cyrodiil can invite PvE players to become PvP lovers", ignoring a few key things that may put a dent in that theory: PvE players who hate PvP won't suddenly fall in love with it just because they're in Cyrodiil, this is an unrealistic thing (May happen for some, but those people are probably PvP enthusiasts to begin with). Personally I'll feel absolutely anxious, and once I get killed in the place, I'll groan in absolute annoyance because I'd have to travel AAALL the way back to the Delve or whatever I was doing, which may very well be on the other part of the map depending on the keep placements. That is not enjoyable, same as how it was not fun to get killed by randos in The Dark Zone (Not to mention that any encounter left my heart pounding at my chest. Heart pounding is not a pleasant feeling).

And secondly: Battlegrounds. Why would anyone want to go to Cyrodiil when they can queue up for a Battleground and get their PvP fix there? I know I am getting my PvP fix from those places, and I don't feel the need to sully my Khajiit's feet by going to Cyrodiil. Although inevitably I'll have to go there if I want more Skyshards.

Also, cute that you call me a "Zealot", when I've pretty much gone on record as someone who thinks that ESO is only really excellent for the open-world experience, even though the open world is rather easy and could do well with a difficulty slider in the form of Cadwell's bizarre magic tricks. Sure I enjoy dungeons, but people don't seem all that welcoming there for the most part, so I can't say I wanna bother with those. Sure PvP in Battlegrounds is alright, but I really do those only when I am streaming for my girlfriend, because she likes to see how I play games.

Actually, let me ask this question: Give me a reason why I would actually like to do PvP in Cyrodiil. Just one, really. And make it a good one, don't just say "You get to kill people while attacking keeps", because I've actually done that, then realized that I had no fun in it, and decided to stay away from Cyrodiil's PvP until Battlegrounds came.

To address your points about my comment, I've already elaborated, in some detail, earlier this thread about reasons which ZOS encourages PVE players to go to Cyrodiil (or indeed encourages players of all stripes to try out ALL types of content). I've also stated that I'm fine with a rewardless PVE Cyrodiil, thought I do think PVE quests will find themselves disappointed by the basic simplicity of the PVE content in Cyrodiil.

I'm fully aware that PVP doesn't suit everyone, another thing I've already stated. I only became a PVPer through repeated exposure to PVP in Cyrodiil because I wanted rewards like Master Angler fish and skyshards(this was prior to BGs existing) thanks to this mechanism as did two of my close friends. I was a PVE-only player who's only gaming experience was TES V: Skyrim - so about as far from a PVP enthusiast as you might get. For some people, it works. For others, it doesn't - my SO has tried PVP repeatedly and doesn't care for it.

Nevertheless, it suits ZOS to encourage players to experience ALL types of content by gating rewards behind that content. Not only might players discover a new type of content they enjoy, thus prolonging the longevity of their playtime, but it makes for a more knowledgable playerbase overall which is important in a game where ZOS insists on balancing PVE and PVP together.

Again, it doesn't work for every single individual player. But it does work well enough, and serve ZOS' goals well enough that they haven't shown any signs of changing, and indeed, with Midyear Mayhem and increasing Battlegrounds rewards, are increasing the rewards that require participating in PVP to obtain.

As for Battlegrounds, I'm delighted you're enjoying it.Those of us who enjoy PVP in Cyrodiil will continue to do so. If you want rewards from Cyrodiil, perhaps you'll decide to join us or not. That's up to you, just like its up to every PVE-only player (as I myself once was) to decide if they want those rewards enough to try out Cyrodiil. If they don't, no sweat.

I really only said anything because I thought you were fundamentally mischaracterizing all of the concerns in this thread about Cyrodiil in this thread as a bunch of lies by PVPers who really only care about getting pleasure from killing PVEers - and in my experience, that's not true of the vast majority of PVPers I know nor is it true of why I've been debating in favor of how ZOS handles gating rewards behind PVP (or any other) content.

So if I seemed patronizing, I'm sorry. I was irritated by what seemed to me to be an insult assuming that I wasn't arguing in good faith as well as making a nasty assumption that I don't think is true of most PVPers I know.

I'm willing to engage in good faith if you'll do the same and we can have an actual conversation.

If not, we're going to have to agree to disagree, and you have a great day!
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

No one says you have to "like" doing PvP, but rather if you'd like the rewards that are present in Cyrodiil, or beyond rewards, but to quest and gain achievements, you must deal with what Cyrodiil has to offer.

You absolutely do not need, or are even required, to set foot in Cyrodiil. Unless you want what's there.

And I'm starting to not care. If you and others would like a separate Cyrodiil...fine.
    One perhaps that will keep quests and fishing, giving experience and the usual gold rewards associated with questing, but removes all other rewards, including skyshards. Those are meant to come with risk, and you remove that risk it stands to reason you'd also remove the rewards.

So, quest and fish to your hearts content.
    That might be for the best, since it'll show players how little those quests mean and that this entire request is much ado about nothing.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo folks who have not ventured to Cyrodiil or IC recently should keep an eye on the campaigns. It is no where near like it use to be. I went to IC a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time I had been there since they added the district flags. It was dead in there. I wound up taking two or three flags by myself before a small group showed up. I just ducked around a corner and they were none the wiser.

I did eventually get run out when I was doing that quest where you have to protect the 4 doors. I was on the last one and they caught up to me and killed me before I could finish it. I wound up staying there until they cleared the door and I got credit for it before I chose to respawn. So what if they tea bagged me a few times. I got the last laugh because I let them do the work for me.

Note to self: maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud,,, If that is a bug, then it is a good one :)
    Edited by Casdha on January 27, 2019 11:26PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the "gold vendor" to be somewhere accessible for the BG players who have the AP to spend but have never set foot in cyrodiil or the IC

She's located at the Alliance Gate for your character's alliance (South Morrowind for EP, I always get confused on the others). 100% safe zone. I'm not sure how more accessible she needs to be.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ganking single adventures who doing quest or just fishing is great dishonor for true PvP player.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »
    I feel you, but having roamed around in Cyrodiil I can honestly say you aren’t missing much. Plus, you can hit up things like delves with little to no contact with other players as it is.

Indeed! I hit up IC yesterday on three of my alts to get all of the skyshards. I only ran into two other people from other alliances in the sewers the entire time. One was just standing there looking at his map, the other was fighting a boss and only had a sliver of HP left. In both cases, I just starting running tight circles around them till they took notice, then ran off. I did go back to the map guy a few times to repeat the fun, cause he kept putting his weapons away and taking his map back out. I've even farmed a delve with a random enemy player once, going so far as to remove our AOEs and fight all the bosses together.

Anyways, don't be so scared of Cyrodiil. My first visits there I slowly snuck everywhere. Then I learned that unless you're near resources currently being captured, no one cares. Well, that's mostly for solo encounters; if it's a group you'll see more aggression due to group mentality and peeps trying to show off.

And if you're there for the fishing, I learned you can stealth-fish if you cast the line right as you're entering stealth. But fishing with the enemy is always a hoot. ;)

I’d kill you. I don’t care what you are doing. If you are not of my faction, I’m coming at you. I use detect pots too. Stealth all you want to.

Last night I was fighting this cloak-turd-blade for like an hour. He’d cloak and I’d fight him until my detect pot ran out. Stealth up. Pop another pot and then back at it again. For like an hour.

The NB ALMOST killed this poor level 42 guy happened by. Poor noob only had a sliver of health left. I finished the lil noob off for him lol.

Fight or go PvE.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 28, 2019 2:51AM
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Not here to push WoW, but Blizzard's idea of having PvP players flag themselves and thus everywhere is a PvP area - for them - seems to work for WoW. Players who are flagged for PvE and stay PvE, are in no danger.

And, this should be part of that PvP flag (don't know if it is), if you try and heal a PvP player, or assist in any other way, that will change your status.

I went into that area once (also tried a little campaign work), and got my rear-end handed to me, never been back again since then. It got to the point where if someone caught me, I would just stand there and let him/her kill me. Not worth the frustration. I realized that would happen because I'm lousy at PvP/melee, so my sorcerer died, often. But, I wanted to give it a shot to see how it would play out.

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how in every MMO there are a bunch of people always asking for this king of stuff :disappointed:
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Dude, you need to get a sense of humor.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny how people always say PVPrs are the most Toxic Players...
    When the reality seems to be that PVErs have the least sense of humour...
    (Aside from the Differently Geared, they AWESOME.lol)
    Getting “killed” in a game where you can simply Respawn repeatedly is not a BIG DEAL...the WORST case scenario is after respawning...you gotta go for a ride and look at the luvly countryside some more...I hear PVErs are into the scenery n such so all should be gd there. Stop taking this crap seriously...We Don’t...now get out there n Kill or Be Killed Buckaroo!!!
  • Nano_reid
    Nano_reid
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is not PvE or PvP. It’s PvA. Player vs ***. Still not sure whose brilliant idea it was to totally destroy the greatness that was ES by adding the O but it sure as hell pissed off more people than it pleased. Look at the ratio of PvE to PvP players and you’ll see that Bethesda needs to kick the O to the curb and get back to making excellent single player games.

Nothing is more fun than watching multiple copies of your character running around doing the same thing you are. Running through a delve that has recently be decimated and stripped of all valuables is about as appealing as watching paint dry.

Imagine playing Skyrim, climbing to the top of The Throat of the World, only to find that another player had just killed the dragon. Now stand around for 10 minutes waiting for a respawn. Yep, let’s watch that paint dry.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, then please a option to have PVP in PVE Areas

Yep. I'm good with that - as long as everyone has to flag up to pvp wherever. Just like in WoW and RIFT. If you're not flagged, you are NOT game. If you are flagged, you ARE fair game.

Seriously. That's the only really logical way. Now.... I know that ZOS goes in the direction of "different". Well... in this case, they're WAY out in left field IMO.

Go for open world pvp - just like WoW and RIFT do. If you flag, you are fair game, and so are others who are flagged. If you never flag, you're never going to deal with pvp.

Which will you choose?
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just go to an empty campaign. Don't need a neutral party adding to the congestion on a populated map.
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Nevertheless, it suits ZOS to encourage players to experience ALL types of content by gating rewards behind that content. Not only might players discover a new type of content they enjoy, thus prolonging the longevity of their playtime, but it makes for a more knowledgable playerbase overall which is important in a game where ZOS insists on balancing PVE and PVP together.

Again, it doesn't work for every single individual player. But it does work well enough, and serve ZOS' goals well enough that they haven't shown any signs of changing, and indeed, with Midyear Mayhem and increasing Battlegrounds rewards, are increasing the rewards that require participating in PVP to obtain.

While haven't read both your exchanges or most of this thread tbh, this part stuck out. The whole concept of trying to coerce players into different play styles is nice and justifiable in theory but rarely actually works, or as they intend. Those who seek out PVP will do so, those who don't won't, if anything it really only benefits those who are in the middle. All gating does is either force people to ignore it at all costs, or as others have suggested, figure out the the best time/campaign to avoid PVP while exploring the area. You really need to do an all or nothing approach instead of trying to bridge PVE and PVP.
    Edited by BrooksP on June 19, 2019 6:22AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Cyrodiil itself, to explore, quest and do PVE activities having the option to enter outside any PVP campaign would be a welcome addition for people not aligned to any banner. The war would still be raging (though with npc's) the only difference is that you as a player would be considered a "civilian" and therfore cannot participate in any war activites.

Cyrodiil needs all performance it can get. Really. Best would be to have PvE campaign. But.. really ? The whole map remains static and you cant travel by keep and what is with the bases behind the gates... all open ?

I did alot PvE content. I got ganked once in a delve and once on the road because i was careless. Otherwise you can go everywhere and do PvE as much as you want. Even towns are no problem if you are careful. Being careful was/is for me the best part of Cyrodiil PvE. Give it a try. It is worth it imho. It is not like there is murderer everywhere. You can see the burning keeps on the map and there are main roads. You can see the battles on the map and avoid them. It is not much more as exploring like that guy who used the aqueduct in Elsweyr.
    Edited by mague on June 19, 2019 6:41AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fI could just reach the three remaining skyshards I need, locked behind them damm doors...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrooksP wrote: »

giphy.gif

While haven't read both your exchanges or most of this thread tbh, this part stuck out. The whole concept of trying to coerce players into different play styles is nice and justifiable in theory but rarely actually works, or as they intend. Those who seek out PVP will do so, those who don't won't, if anything it really only benefits those who are in the middle. All gating does is either force people to ignore it at all costs, or as others have suggested, figure out the the best time/campaign to avoid PVP while exploring the area. You really need to do an all or nothing approach instead of trying to bridge PVE and PVP.

Mmm, perhaps?

I would not characterize myself as "in the middle." I came to ESO from Skyrim, and played mostly as a solo only player. I was very scared of the thought of PVP, and it was only my strong desire for Master Angler that got me to go into Cyrodiil in the first place...just like my desire for skyshards amd other achievements brought me back...and that experience eventually,gave me the courage to actually try PVP.

So like I said, it works for some players. Not all, but some. Not everyone tries it - they willingly sit out the rewards (or complain that they can't get the rewards). Some people try it and don't like - my SO, for one. But some people try it and find that its not as bad as they thought or even that they like it.

And coercing players to try different playstyles is much, much broader than just PVP amd PVE. Look at our events, where we've been expected to do group dungeons, trials, arena, daily delves, WBs, etc in order to get all the rewards.

The way I see it, ZOS wants players to try out the entire game. So they put rewards in the entire game, gated behind different content to encourage players to branch out.

Players who don't want to play the whole game have three options.
    1. Try it out to get the rewards.
    2. Don't try it out, and accept they arent getting the rewards.
    3. Don't try it out, and whine that they arent getting the rewards.

And those options apply to PVP, IC, Trials, Arenas, and any other gated-reward content in ESO.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not here to push WoW, but Blizzard's idea of having PvP players flag themselves and thus everywhere is a PvP area - for them - seems to work for WoW. Players who are flagged for PvE and stay PvE, are in no danger.

And, this should be part of that PvP flag (don't know if it is), if you try and heal a PvP player, or assist in any other way, that will change your status.

I went into that area once (also tried a little campaign work), and got my rear-end handed to me, never been back again since then. It got to the point where if someone caught me, I would just stand there and let him/her kill me. Not worth the frustration. I realized that would happen because I'm lousy at PvP/melee, so my sorcerer died, often. But, I wanted to give it a shot to see how it would play out.

So I would be attempting to turn in quests, go questing, do crafting, do anchors, do dungeons, while all the pvpers are fighting around/over/through me? Gosh that sounds like fun. /sarcasm

I really wouldn't bother with the game if they started that. I'd be quite content with a separate version of Cyrodiil, where all the pvp rewards were removed. The normal gold for quest rewards, skyshards in your faction that you can get to without pvp, fine. Any rewards that require pvp, no. If I'm not doing pvp, I shouldn't get the pvp rewards. If I am doing the pve quests, then I should get the pve rewards.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

What about the ones that aren't locked behind gates? If they are "out in the "wilderness"", so to speak, why not allow it? A skyshard in the open, or in a delve/dungeon with npc enemies, okay. If you can't get behind the the walls to get some of the shards without pvp, yes, lock those away.
  • thedatajunkie
    thedatajunkie
    ✭✭
    I just want to fish. Spending huge amounts of time trying to sneak across the area just to get killed when I get near the ocean fishing spots is really irritating. Encouraging people to play pvp and forcing people are two different things.