Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New "Neutral Party" Faction for PVE'ers wanting to explore Cyrodiil.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New "Neutral Party" Faction for PVE'ers wanting to explore Cyrodiil.
    ...only if they also add a "Bandit" faction for PvPlayers so they can gank everyone, everywhere.
    ...yeah, it would be THAT annoying.

ZOS has decided they want to keep PvE in PvE regions, and PvP in PvP regions.
    Don't ask for PvE in PvP regions unless you are willing to suffer pvP in PvE regiosn as well!

That being said...
    I still would rather like to see a system where you choose which banner you pledge allegiance to after character creation...
    Not how the story works.
    ICly, story-wise your "allegiance" was kinda chosen for you depending on where you start after excaping coldharbour (though of course you the player pick that one during chargen). That's how the stories are set up; you begin as "vestige" and become a hero in your "home alliance" through mere circumstance (and the fact that you survive all the heroic questing stuff that likely would have killed anyone else).

Yeah, the new tutorials kinda threw a stick into that, but... you -still- have the coldharbour tutorial waiting for you, and you -still- have the mainstory to play... so the basic premise of you "pledging your loyalty" our of circumstance depending on chich alliance you land in after coldharbour remains intact.
    Also because the other alliance stories are done in Cadwells, where you technically are magically disguised, sort of. Even tho OneTamriel does not always recognize that, and you get dialouge you probably shouldn't when someone in later DLCs "recognized you" from meeting during cadwells, or NPCs remark on deeds that you did "under disguise", but... eh...

Now...
    ...there IS a way of course.
    As i have said many times befoire... there definitely could be some future DLC that messes with alliance loyalty!
    And I am thinking about a whole guild-sized DLC with a "cloak and dagger" (Well, for ESO... "Hood and Dagger"? ;) )theme, dealing with stealthy spycraft, treacherous betrayal, sneaky foreign agents and dastardly deals made in deepest darkness (and possibly some involvement of Boethiah, since this would be right up her alley)...
    It might involve travels all over Tamriel, revisiting many places (possibly reusing one-time storyline maps with new mobs) and perhaps even some new small map, some neutral city where agents from all alliances meet to spy hard (think cold-war era Vienna, or something like that... possibly a post-mainstory Isle of Stirk? Or some other city-state on the border of cyrodil that has not joined any of the alliances...) with a "faction loyalty called in question" plot, where somewhere in the first half your character gets to make a -BIG- choice:
    - Do they stay loyal to their alliance and find out who framed them, hunting down the real culprit to prove their loyalty...
    OR
    - Do they abandon loyalty and take the opportunity to defect to greener pastures elsewhere?
    With the rest of the questline being different depending on the choice made, one way you find out the truth, secure evidence of your innocence, and hunt down the real traitors while dodging the agents sent to bring you in, and the other way you avoid the agents sent to bring you to justice while you court your desired alliance and grab some juicy secrets to trade for your asylum along the way...
    ...bonus points for using familiar faces. I mean, I have a character or two who would love to slam a porticullis into Razun-dars face while they hop on a boat bound for Morrowind with Naryu... ;)

And there could be nifty titles for this too. Like "[original faction] Loyalist" and "[original faction] Defector", depending on which way each character chooses...
    Obviously this would be a "one-time thing", so we wouldn't have serial defectors in Tamriel...

And in addition to all that, there could be -more- options for your new faction then what was available at chargen!
    There could be a demi-neutral "Unaligned" faction (that would be "yellow" as in attackable-but-non-hostile in cyrodil, maybe under some "neutral" banner - possibly western skyrim? Reach? ...but thus also not able to enter ANY alliance faction keeps to spy on their movements, spawning at random unsecured "campsite" places and such, giving no AP if killed and thus hoping PvPlayers will not just run them down for fun in the warzone... yeah, riiiiight...)
    Or a hostile-to-everyone "Outlaw" faction (which would be red to all alliances, unable to conquer keeps, "raiding" them for extra rewards instead... "neutral" with the cyrodillic bandits, spawn at some random bandit camp... but also permanently "kill on sight" by all justice guards outside cyrodil because they are evil bandits and outlaws...)
    Or an "Imperia Remnant" faction that is also at war with all alliances in cyrodil (and spawns at some imperial camp at the nibenay border for example, able to capture keeps for the purple banner of the mostly fallen cyrodilic empire and yet normal adventurers in other regions...)
    Or something like that, anyhow.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Go to Sotha at odd hours. Grab your skyshards/do your questing. If you see another player put block up. If I'm pvping and I see another player who when they see me just puts block up and stands there, I assume they're doing PvE stuff and leave them alone. Especially in a delve. Most pvpers I know do the same. We/they generally aren't all that interested.

Just don't go near keeps/battles/etc. Then you're fair game.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    Kel wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    No, no and no. Cyro is a pvp zone. The rest of the game is pve. This one zone, ONE ZONE, is pvp enabled.
    Just suck it up and go explore. If you get killed then just rez and carry on.
    @Juju_beans
    sooo... in your opinion, part of the experience for a lot of players should be to not have fun and dislike the experience in a video game that is supposed to be a fun experience? is that what you're saying? hmmm...

Sooo, in your opinion the one PvP zone players who enjoy PvP and do have fun should be disrupted by a bunch of players who can't be killed, ruining thier fun experience when the other 98% of the game has no PvP combat? Is that what you're saying?
    Hmmmmm.....

@Kel oooh, you are good. i still feel i'm the sassier one though.

anyway, i'm actually not keen on this specific implementation of a "purely pve cyrodiil", i'd much rather it be a seperate campaign, that way the 2 sides of the community who dispute and hate eachother can be completely seperatr if they choose

emphasis on the word choose.

That's not the topic of this post. The topic of this post is having a unattackable faction in Cyrodiil.
    People trying to move the goal posts not withstanding, it's just not what the zone was designed for, and I feel completely safe saying it's not going to happen one way or another.
    @Kel
    the topic of the post is to have a way for players who dislike pvp to be able to avoid it, a discussion that has on and offexisted for like 5 years now

i presented an alternate method of implementation. i don't really care what cyrodiil was "designed for", when the game first game out, classes were all designed to be magicka based, but enough people played stamina (and complained enough) that we now have stamina morphs for class abilities

i can't fathom how people can be so against allowing other players more choice

You do have a choice, however.
    Enter Cyrodiil and face PvP, or avoid it.
    That is your choice.

@Kel
    clearly that choice isn't good enough, as this discussion still exists in (current year)

if i can speak my mind for a minute, I've always felt like people arguing against this are doing so from a point of selfishness. they feel offended that someone might get a skyshard or do a quest without the same threat they had to experience. it comes off as extremely petty to me. and before anyone says "i could just argue the same for my point"

no, I don't think you can. it's a video game, it's supposed to be fun. if there's a thing in the game preventing me from having fun, its a thing that needs to be fixed

at least, that's what i've observed, and i've more or less seen all the vapid arguments used to dismiss this conversation

The idea you want to change one zone dedicated to something you don't like and disrupt the fun of the players who do enjoy and find fun in that zone, when 98% of the entire game is open to you, and you call those players selfish is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted in these forums.

The absolute hypocrisy....
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, no and no. Cyro is a pvp zone. The rest of the game is pve. This one zone, ONE ZONE, is pvp enabled.
    @Juju_beans
    sooo... in your opinion, part of the experience for a lot of players should be to not have fun and dislike the experience in a video game that is supposed to be a fun experience? is that what you're saying? hmmm...

Sooo, in your opinion the one PvP zone players who enjoy PvP and do have fun should be disrupted by a bunch of players who can't be killed, ruining thier fun experience when the other 98% of the game has no PvP combat? Is that what you're saying?
    Hmmmmm.....

anyway, i'm actually not keen on this specific implementation of a "purely pve cyrodiil", i'd much rather it be a seperate campaign, that way the 2 sides of the community who dispute and hate eachother can be completely seperatr if they choose

That's not the topic of this post. The topic of this post is having a unattackable faction in Cyrodiil.
    People trying to move the goal posts not withstanding, it's just not what the zone was designed for, and I feel completely safe saying it's not going to happen one way or another.
    @Kel
    the topic of the post is to have a way for players who dislike pvp to be able to avoid it, a discussion that has on and offexisted for like 5 years now

i presented an alternate method of implementation. i don't really care what cyrodiil was "designed for", when the game first game out, classes were all designed to be magicka based, but enough people played stamina (and complained enough) that we now have stamina morphs for class abilities

That is your choice.

@Kel
    clearly that choice isn't good enough, as this discussion still exists in (current year)

if i can speak my mind for a minute, I've always felt like people arguing against this are doing so from a point of selfishness. they feel offended that someone might get a skyshard or do a quest without the same threat they had to experience. it comes off as extremely petty to me. and before anyone says "i could just argue the same for my point"

no, I don't think you can. it's a video game, it's supposed to be fun. if there's a thing in the game preventing me from having fun, its a thing that needs to be fixed

at least, that's what i've observed, and i've more or less seen all the vapid arguments used to dismiss this conversation

The idea you want to change one zone dedicated to something you don't like and disrupt the fun of the players who do enjoy and find fun in that zone, when 98% of the entire game is open to you, and you call those players selfish is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted in these forums.

@Kel
    Sorry you feel that way my friend.
    I should make it clear, I'm arguing for a seperate "neutral" Cyrodiil campaign, not OP's original idea of a neutral "faction"

I really can't see how you see hypocrisy in that. It's the equivalent of being on the playground, and there's someone you don't get along with, so rather than waste your time arguing with them or trying to get along with someone you'd really rather avoid, you just hang out in a seperate sandbox to them.

How is that disruptive? It's the complete opposite of disrupting one's experience. PvPers only fight other PvPers who actually want to engage in that side of the game, and pve carebears can keep doing the thing they like to do

Again, in that context, arguing against that just kind of makes one seem spiteful and selfish
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Juju_beans

Hmmmmm.....

@Kel

That is your choice.

@Kel

I know right I also hate it when people want things I don't agree with or aren't interested in. I reassure myself they are probably filthy casuals who don't even have meta sets, and oh god do I LOL.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    This would be the worst thing ever for PvP. Honestly PvE has more then PvP ever gets, we are the hated middle child of this game. It would end up being used to help fractions to exploit PvP even more so with less then tasteful decisions. You want those last achievements get them by actually participating in PvP and have some fun. :)

PvP is not fun. Not in this game anyway.

Besides, if I want to do PvP, I'll do it in Battlegrounds. At least there I feel some control over my ability in killing people and staying alive (And at least I go there with the full intent and consent that I'll get killed while possibly also killing people in return).

PvP in Cyrodiil is... Well, to say it politely: Hot steaming pile of garbage. Not only that, if I do go there, it is with the intent of non-PvP activities, such as a few quests, Skyshards, stuff like that.

By the way, I find the snarky "Make a PvE variant with no Skyshards in it" comments to be pathetic. If you want to add limitations, why not limit it down to not getting PvP centered rewards, or not having access to certain merchants? Wouldn't that make more sense? Naaah, probably not as your head's stuck between your buttcheeks.

Only good PvP is Battleground PvP. That is a fact.

You do realize that skyshard cyrodil achievements are pvp centered right? 3 of them are locked behind faction gates. Meaning, that you literally can't get them unless ur faction opens those gates through pvp activities(taking enemy keeps).

So either leave the gates open, or make it so you can get your faction's Skyshards, while having to get in to PvP to get the ones behind enemy gates.

Sounds fair, right?

Hold on hold on. Leave the gates open? So basically your defintion of fair is to change how PVP works because some people who dont care about PVP want to get a few skyshards. Wow mate, you take the word "entitled" to a whole new level. Whats next. Do you want ZOS to ban PVP players too, or simply deleting PVP is enough? You know, just to be sure. We dont want to dissapoint you.

In the context of "Separate PvE Cyrodiil Canpaign", yes, leave the gates open.

And I could give less of a damn about PvP players. If I want to interact with them, I'll play Battlegrounds, or if I suffered a head injury: Go to PvP Cyrodiil. Otherwise I'd be sticking to the rest of the world, or go to PvE Cyrodiil if it were there.

Comprende?

I know this may come as a surprise to you but you are not the centre of the universe. You may not give a damn about PVP but i dont give a flying **** about what you like.

Capiche?

I am fully aware that I am not the "Center of the Universe", and neither are you or other PvP players who come to these topics with vitriol, trying to shame and spread what can really be called "Spiteful entitlement" when it comes to someone suggesting "Hey, PvE players exist that don't even want to set foot in Cyrodiil because of the PvP, why not put a separate PvE version of Cyrodiil for those people and removing the PvP buffs and merchants, leaving the PvP crowd untouched".

Or is that too tall an idea for someone like you to comprehend? And don't give me the "Muh PvP objectivz in the Cyrodiil wurld" gaspot, because all of those PvP centered rewards, items, objectives and what have you would be redundant in a PvE Cyrodiil Campaign.

• Mupo
    Mupo
    ✭✭
    Even if no 4th faction, it would be kind of nice to go into Cyrodiil with a "Civilian mode" where you'd be unable to take keeps, harm players or be harmed by other players, that way it would maintain the PVEness even on a busy server.

Or a Civilian/Neutral campaign that lasts 7-30 days that you switch to?

There will be times you go into a 'dead' Cyrodiil campaign just to hop on later and it's suddenly swarming, that's why I like the 7days personally :smiley:
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mupo wrote: »
    Even if no 4th faction, it would be kind of nice to go into Cyrodiil with a "Civilian mode" where you'd be unable to take keeps, harm players or be harmed by other players, that way it would maintain the PVEness even on a busy server.

There will be times you go into a 'dead' Cyrodiil campaign just to hop on later and it's suddenly swarming, that's why I like the 7days personally :smiley:

That would be abused like hell with spying and whatnot.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of you have a glorified vision about Cyrodiil and its content. If we'd have a non-pvp Cyrodiil (or neutral faction), you'd find the zone and the content to be lackluster.

If it was a thing, in my mind, what would happen is an outburst of messages:
    - the quests are short and they do not have a lot of story to be told. "I went to Cheydinhal and got a quest to free some citizens, but the quest itself had only 2 steps: kill a few NPCs and then return to questgiver"
    - the landscape and environment is quite empty. "please add some eyecandy, there's not much to see, but vast open fields and some small NPC tents."

The thing Cyrodiil would be lacking, is the aspect of PVP. The whole zone is designed with the idea of alliance war and pvp. Roads leads to PVP objectives, on the crossroads you make a decision of which enemy faction you want to face. The minimal amount of decorations makes you subconciously wander towards intended PVP hotspots. Without PVP aspect, these hotspots would be just an empty field, or an empty valley. And it is intended to be so, because designers must reason their every work, ZOS is not an indie company. Nothing is random in such design progress.

The quests? They are also designed with PVP in mind. There is no difficult PVE aspects, because PVP is intended to be the cause of difficulty in them. Without the PVP, quests will be just boring fetch tasks or A-to-B kind of tasks. They lack dialogue, because in PVP intense zone you do not have a lot of time to sit around and listen.

Delves and dark anchors have PVP aspects attached to them. Without them, they would be a lot like base-game PVE zone ones. (except delves have a bit less decoration and multiple bosses to make players wander more and expose them to more PVP and a risk of facing other players)

Points of interest serve the same purpose a PVE zone ones - to create some feel of backstory and immersion. They are scattered all around the map to make players see them from time to time. Sometimes they are the go-to location for a quest.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Mupo wrote: »

That would be abused like hell with spying and whatnot.

Oh please, it's not like people can already play "Spy Games" by logging on to a character of opposing factions and report on what the enemy team is doing via some kind of medium like Discord.

This is a terrible excuse to not allow a PvE mode, and you know it.
  • H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭
    Not much to see really. Pretty boring place. The only place worthwhile would be imperial city.
    Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Care to.... Elaborate @clockstoppe ?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a PvE only campaign with all PvP achievements, AP, PvP drops, and objectives disabled.
    Could even name the campaign "Spineless". lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 27, 2019 2:49PM
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the real reason most PVP players don't like the idea is because it takes away easy kills, though most will deny it. Killing other players makes them feel good, and killing more often makes them feel good more often. It fuels their ego.

Now, I have no problem with this, whatever is fun for people so be it. But I for one won't fuel somebody's ego at my own time and expense.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on January 27, 2019 3:04PM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a PvE only campaign with all PvP achievements, AP, PvP drops, and objectives disabled.

This is probably the most rational agreement to a compromise I have ever seen.
    Could even name the campaign "Spineless".

Spoke too soon, nevermind.

Could say the same for PvP players who don't want to do PvE content. That they are "Spineless" or "Too weak" to want to go do dungeons, all the while conveniently ignoring the concept of "Personal preference".
    I think the real reason most PVP players don't like the idea is because it takes away easy kills, though most will deny it. Killing other players makes them feel good, and killing more often makes them feel good more often. It fuels their ego.

Now, I have no problem with this, whatever is fun for people so be it. But I for one won't fuel somebody's ego at my own time and expense.

This is basically it, really. PvP players aren't worried about Cyrodiil's design being undermined because of a separate PvE campaign. They're just worried that they will lose out on easy PvE players on the road, to give themselves sexual pleasure when killing them in a square millisecond.

It really wouldn't be so annoying, if they were just honest about it.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could say the same for PvP players who don't want to do PvE content. That they are "Spineless" or "Too weak" to want to go do dungeons, all the while conveniently ignoring the concept of "Personal preference".

This is basically it, really. PvP players aren't worried about Cyrodiil's design being undermined because of a separate PvE campaign. They're just worried that they will lose out on easy PvE players on the road, to give themselves sexual pleasure when killing them in a square millisecond.

Oh poppycock, hardly anybody hunts PvE players doing quests, not worth the time.
    Now if we are in a delve getting an ap buff and come across an enemy faction player we have no way of knowing you are just collecting shards so be prepared to fight. So many times we have let a player go in a delve only for them to come back and bomb us at the boss.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that your experience in Cyrodiil? You were sneaking from delve to delve, but couldn't take five steps without being ganked by an enemy player?
    The Moot Councillor
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Is that your experience in Cyrodiil? You were sneaking from delve to delve, but couldn't take five steps without being ganked by an enemy player?

No, as I said I don’t PVP or bother with Cyro, I prefer to use my competitive energies for more meaningful pursuits. However, many Guildmates and RL friends do, and it is a common occurance for them when levelling new characters to be set upon numerous times while trying to complete objectives. Which is fair enough, as it is a PVP zone atm. I have no issue with this as I stated in my previous post, but it does ruin their experience.

I also have probably even more RL friends who do PVP with the majority enjoying nothing more than killing PVE players questing, which I’ll say again is fine. But I call a spade a spade. They do it because they enjoy it. Not all PVP players, but a sizeable chunk do in my experience.

I still would probably not go to Cyro even it there was a PVE instance, as my playtime is limited. I just think some of the arguments on this thread for not implementing this feature for others are thin at best.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on January 27, 2019 3:48PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    @Juju_beans

PvP ers have to do that. In order to get master weapons and VMA weapons, helmets and other (bop) armors they have to PvE. Whether they like it or not. Same goes for skills trees like mageguild/fightersguild/undaunted/psijisc etc.

So, should they be handed to PvP'ers just like that? Maybe in a mob free dungeon? Because not all of them thinking dungeons are a fun experience. But they do want the monster helmets.

Isn't that what the Weekly Merchant does? Sell Monster sets in Cyrodiil for gold and Alliance Points?

In regards to the PvE guild bonuses: Fighters Guild and Mages Guild are really simple, in the sense that one has you kill undead and Daedra, the other has you collect books, both that could pitentially also be done in Cyrodiil.

Undaunted and Psijic are another matter though.

No, they don't sell sets. Only the helm. So in order to get the shoulders, i need to get a key. So i need to do a dungeon.
    Do i want Valkyn helmet? Well, wait 10 weeks or longer for a chance it might sell or do the dungeon knowing it will drop on veteran.
    No VMA weapons, no master weapons they sell. We do get golden rings/necklaces every week but not the ones we could better be of grinding doing PvE.

Yes, we can do fightersguild/mage guild by killing daedra and collecting books. But that is not PvP is it?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Tetrafy wrote: »
    Overcomplicating it. Why not just allow a setting where you join wihtout able to be targeted?

Because PvP'ers would enrage and uninstall the game if they couldn't target enemy players. Just imagine the drama lol? Would be kinda disruptive with a bunch of untargetable guys running around and trolling anyhow.

I think a PvE version of Cyrodiil would be better, if this is something that's absolutely needed? I don't know if it is though, but than again I can't relate to this paralyzing fear of PvP. We all have different needs I guess. I "need" more hairstyles personally, but some people cant relate to that either and tells me it's not needed :'(

I actively PVP - but I don't think their problem is a FEAR of pvp - but an inability to actually get anything done due to gankers who cannot kill real pvpers so try and farm pve / questers
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overcomplicating it. Why not just allow a setting where you join wihtout able to be targeted?

Because PvP'ers would enrage and uninstall the game if they couldn't target enemy players. Just imagine the drama lol? Would be kinda disruptive with a bunch of untargetable guys running around and trolling anyhow.

I think a PvE version of Cyrodiil would be better, if this is something that's absolutely needed? I don't know if it is though, but than again I can't relate to this paralyzing fear of PvP. We all have different needs I guess. I "need" more hairstyles personally, but some people cant relate to that either and tells me it's not needed :'(

I actively PVP - but I don't think their problem is a FEAR of pvp - but an inability to actually get anything done due to gankers who cannot kill real pvpers so try and farm pve / questers

They are going to the wrong campaign, then.
    The Moot Councillor
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this comment says more about you and your assumptions about why people actually PVP than it does about the vast majority of PVPers I know and why they play PVP in ESO.

I mean, if the only PVPers you've met are that type of bad apple, I understand. Some people, and this is true of PVP and PVE alike, are just toxic. Just like I wouldn't say the jerks I've met in end-game PVE taint the entire end-game community, I don't consider the jerks in PVP representative because in my experience, they aren't.

As for myself, I became a PVPer precisely because ZOS' design for encouraging PVE players to come to Cyrodiil for fish, shyshards, delves and achievements got me to come to Cyrodiil and try out PVP. I discovered I liked it - something I would have never, ever tried out if ZOS hadn't put those Master Angler fish in Cyrodiil.

That's one reason I point of the benefits to ZOS of getting PVE-only players to try out Cyrodiil - in my case, it worked!

So let's strive to have a constructive conversation here in the future, okay?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still would rather like to see a system where you choose which banner you pledge allegiance to after character creation, and once you arrive in Tamriel, since Tamriel Unlimited removed any consistency to race and faction choice.

FYI, just over a week ago Rich stated Zos is not interested in offering an alliance change token. That is very much what you are asking for.

So, in other words, it does not matter if you would like to be able to choose an alliance after rolling a character and regardless of what alliance you rolled that character in, Zos has clearly said they do not want to allow this. Unless you can find a reason to convince them otherwise then this is DoA. I want it is not a compelling reason.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I still would rather like to see a system where you choose which banner you pledge allegiance to after character creation, and once you arrive in Tamriel, since Tamriel Unlimited removed any consistency to race and faction choice.

FYI, just over a week ago Rich stated Zos is not interested in offering an alliance change token. That is very much what you are asking for.

So, in other words, it does not matter if you would like to be able to choose an alliance after rolling a character and regardless of what alliance you rolled that character in, Zos has clearly said they do not want to allow this. Unless you can find a reason to convince them otherwise then this is DoA. I want it is not a compelling reason.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

You could make the same argument about wanting a nutral faction/separate Cyrodiil.
    Players have been asking for 5 years, and in 5 years it hasn't happened.
    You'd think they'd get the hint, but here we still are.

Would love for Zos to come out and say either yes or no, honestly...if only to not have to see this ridiculous request again.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Because I know that fake dying in a video game doesn't hurt my ego a bit unlike others.
    Also I have a twisted sense of humor. ;)
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 27, 2019 5:58PM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Sure if we get a open world PvP "campaign(?)" too!

As long as you have to actually flag in order to participate, I'm fine with that. I spent YEARS in WoW and RIFT, where as long as you didn't flag, you weren't "prey".

This is the best way to go. That way the PvPers will shut up about the lack of content, and PvE players can get a version of Cyro and IC where they can do their quests in peace.

Make a flag that once enabled can't be disabled for 10 minutes after the last PvP encounter. Attacking a PvP enabled person enables your PvP flag. It's all been done in WoW 15 years ago, and nobody complains about being forced into any content, because people actually have a choice unlike in ESO.

Except that many players were close to having a heart attack in the idea of having a PVP justice system in all zones even if it was optional to participate in it. So yeah, "nobody complains about it" isnt a phrase i would use when it comes to ESO.

I have no idea what this "PvP justice system" is supposed to be, but it does not sound like the suggestion I made. Nobody complains about PvP on WoW PvE servers (the servers that work as I described, PvP servers in WoW work like cyro except for major hubs).
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Encounters with PvErs in Cyrodiil are far to rare to ever be “farmed”. Hate to break it to you PvErs...but far more likely your being killed by your Fellow PvErs
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh poppycock, hardly anybody hunts PvE players doing quests, not worth the time.
    Now if we are in a delve getting an ap buff and come across an enemy faction player we have no way of knowing you are just collecting shards so be prepared to fight. So many times we have let a player go in a delve only for them to come back and bomb us at the boss.

"Hardly anyone" doesn't really translate to "Nobody", though. And we're not talking about delves or quests in my example.

As for myself, I became a PVPer precisely because ZOS' design for encouraging PVE players to come to Cyrodiil for fish, shyshards, delves and achievements got me to come to Cyrodiil and try out PVP. I discovered I liked it - something I would have never, ever tried out if ZOS hadn't put those Master Angler fish in Cyrodiil.

That's one reason I point of the benefits to ZOS of getting PVE-only players to try out Cyrodiil - in my case, it worked!

Well, good for you that you enjoy PvP... In Cyrodiil.

I on the other hand enjoy PvP only in Battlegrounds... At low levels. When I am leveling up new characters. Where I often at least have a proper chance at surviving conflict and not get absolutely obliterated by PvP players who have played PvP more than I have played the game in its entirety (Though I will admit I am feeling determined to play a bit of PvP once I level my latest character up... Even though it means getting the character repeatedly torn to pieces by better equipped players and who probably know how to deal with things better).

In fact, I will say it right now: *** Cyrodiil's PvP, it can go suck on Boethiah's toes for all I care, and I'd rather get an *** of scalding hot water performed on me than actively do any PvP in that dismal place, and the same goes for the Imperial City. Only way you'll actually convince me to go there actively is if they got separate PvE Campaigns.

So let's strive to have a constructive conversation here in the future, okay?

giphy.gif