Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New "Neutral Party" Faction for PVE'ers wanting to explore Cyrodiil.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Sure if we get a open world PvP "campaign(?)" too!

As long as you have to actually flag in order to participate, I'm fine with that. I spent YEARS in WoW and RIFT, where as long as you didn't flag, you weren't "prey".
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    Ya as long as I get a neutral pve faction so I can grind my armor sets and undaunted with ease.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be the worst thing ever for PvP. Honestly PvE has more then PvP ever gets, we are the hated middle child of this game. It would end up being used to help fractions to exploit PvP even more so with less then tasteful decisions. You want those last achievements get them by actually participating in PvP and have some fun. :)

Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 26, 2019 4:29AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be the worst thing ever for PvP. Honestly PvE has more then PvP ever gets, we are the hated middle child of this game. It would end up being used to help fractions to exploit PvP even more so with less then tasteful decisions. You want those last achievements get them by actually participating in PvP and have some fun. :)

Nah. I don't do achievements - kindergarten gold star crap. I did all the pvp I'm ever going to do in WoW years back. Hated every minute of it. Not EVER going there again.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP is not fun. Not in this game anyway.

Besides, if I want to do PvP, I'll do it in Battlegrounds. At least there I feel some control over my ability in killing people and staying alive (And at least I go there with the full intent and consent that I'll get killed while possibly also killing people in return).

PvP in Cyrodiil is... Well, to say it politely: Hot steaming pile of garbage. Not only that, if I do go there, it is with the intent of non-PvP activities, such as a few quests, Skyshards, stuff like that.

By the way, I find the snarky "Make a PvE variant with no Skyshards in it" comments to be pathetic. If you want to add limitations, why not limit it down to not getting PvP centered rewards, or not having access to certain merchants? Wouldn't that make more sense? Naaah, probably not as your head's stuck between your buttcheeks.

Only good PvP is Battleground PvP. That is a fact.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you. But theres no helping it. I went through hell getting all the skyshards and the Explorer title.

Invest in some invisibility potions and always look over your shoulder.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I braved cyrodiil recently on my main character Aren’dra for those skyshards! It honestly wasn’t super challenging apart from the ones behind the alliance gates - I got lucky, though, and found a team that was capturing gate fortresses just to get the Skyshards there.

Ran into a few enemy players. I always just said ‘just skyshard hunting, not trying to attack you’ and most of the time when they saw I wasn’t attacking back they’d leave me alone. Unless they were those incredible folks who could take me out in a couple seconds XD

Not a bad time, in all honesty! I wouldn’t mind doing this with my other characters someday.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »

Besides, if I want to do PvP, I'll do it in Battlegrounds. At least there I feel some control over my ability in killing people and staying alive (And at least I go there with the full intent and consent that I'll get killed while possibly also killing people in return).

PvP in Cyrodiil is... Well, to say it politely: Hot steaming pile of garbage. Not only that, if I do go there, it is with the intent of non-PvP activities, such as a few quests, Skyshards, stuff like that.

By the way, I find the snarky "Make a PvE variant with no Skyshards in it" comments to be pathetic. If you want to add limitations, why not limit it down to not getting PvP centered rewards, or not having access to certain merchants? Wouldn't that make more sense? Naaah, probably not as your head's stuck between your buttcheeks.

You do realize that skyshard cyrodil achievements are pvp centered right? 3 of them are locked behind faction gates. Meaning, that you literally can't get them unless ur faction opens those gates through pvp activities(taking enemy keeps).

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE players get to enjoy thirty (30) overland zones of gameplay.

PvP players get to enjoy two (2) overland zones of gameplay.

Clearly this is not an idea worth considering.

@KnightsMentor, if you need the quests, delves, skyshards etc. in Cyrodiil then put on your big boy pants be prepared to PvP.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the dead campaign advice and you don't even need to go off hours. I'm DC and I went to the AD gate by Bravil an a Saturday morning west coast time while EP had the map so if anyone was going to retake keeps yellow would have to come through the gates. I stood there for 20 minutes and completed my ocean fishing all while exposed right in front of the gate. Maybe two AD peeps showed and didn't even care about me.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

As long as you have to actually flag in order to participate, I'm fine with that. I spent YEARS in WoW and RIFT, where as long as you didn't flag, you weren't "prey".

This is the best way to go. That way the PvPers will shut up about the lack of content, and PvE players can get a version of Cyro and IC where they can do their quests in peace.

Make a flag that once enabled can't be disabled for 10 minutes after the last PvP encounter. Attacking a PvP enabled person enables your PvP flag. It's all been done in WoW 15 years ago, and nobody complains about being forced into any content, because people actually have a choice unlike in ESO.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a PvE only player I completely disagree with this idea. We have enough zones to PvE in. We don’t need Cyrodill, let PVP keep it. It’ll be a poor PVE zone anyway.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come on ZOS, put a pve only version of cyrodiil and imperial city in the crown store. Would be nice to have something in there I actually want to buy for a change :)
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP Cyro already has a bit of a problem with spies, people logging into the other team but talking their primary team through discord.

If you wanted something like this you would just scrap the Alliance by character and make it Alliance by account. Then every season, when you enter Cyro for the first time, the game would ask you what Faction you would like to sign up as. This would mean that Nord, Argonian, Dunmer would all start in EP zones and same for respective races. It would also mean 'Any Alliance any Race' DLC would become redundant.

That way a PVE'er can go the whole game without even associating with a Faction. As for PVE'er wanting to join Cyrodil, they could introduce, given this Chapter seems to be about bringing an end to the 'Misguided War', in the next Chapter an 'After the war'. Which is an ambiguous instance of Cyrodil, where it is unclear who won the war, and has all the content of the overworld but a 'cease fire' is in effect as diplomatic relations are in effect. Word is yet to reach the Imp City however, and that should not get a 2nd instance in cease fire given the Tel Var stones require constant contention.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    No, no and no. Cyro is a pvp zone. The rest of the game is pve. This one zone, ONE ZONE, is pvp enabled.
    Just suck it up and go explore. If you get killed then just rez and carry on.
    @Juju_beans
    sooo... in your opinion, part of the experience for a lot of players should be to not have fun and dislike the experience in a video game that is supposed to be a fun experience? is that what you're saying? hmmm...
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

This is the best way to go. That way the PvPers will shut up about the lack of content, and PvE players can get a version of Cyro and IC where they can do their quests in peace.

Make a flag that once enabled can't be disabled for 10 minutes after the last PvP encounter. Attacking a PvP enabled person enables your PvP flag. It's all been done in WoW 15 years ago, and nobody complains about being forced into any content, because people actually have a choice unlike in ESO.

Except that many players were close to having a heart attack in the idea of having a PVP justice system in all zones even if it was optional to participate in it. So yeah, "nobody complains about it" isnt a phrase i would use when it comes to ESO.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 26, 2019 9:52AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    No, no and no. Cyro is a pvp zone. The rest of the game is pve. This one zone, ONE ZONE, is pvp enabled.
    @Juju_beans
    sooo... in your opinion, part of the experience for a lot of players should be to not have fun and dislike the experience in a video game that is supposed to be a fun experience? is that what you're saying? hmmm...

Sooo, in your opinion the one PvP zone players who enjoy PvP and do have fun should be disrupted by a bunch of players who can't be killed, ruining thier fun experience when the other 98% of the game has no PvP combat? Is that what you're saying?
    Hmmmmm.....
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have your pvp free Cyrodil if I can just run to the end of Vet trials invisible of all mobs and get all the achievements just for getting to the end.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so what I'm thinking is that Cyrodiil would be enterable like a normal zone, all the different campaigns of Cyrodiil and IC would go unaffected and if you qued up for that you would definitely have to pick a side and stick to PVP. I just dislike my that PVE character has to be bound to one faction, whereas Tamriel Unlimited pretty much destroyed the gravity of choosing a faction to begin with, seeing as you could start as an AD Khajiit assisting King Emeric to deal with his stuff in Daggerfall.

I also think it would make guilds feel a bit more inclusive, and have a similar system there where you can choose your guilds alliance or decide to make it neutral.

As for abusing the "Alliance Change" system, make it expensive. If you want to do it it could be done, if you're willing to spend like 10k crowns everytime or say 1M gold. Or only allow one alliance change per character every four weeks.

giphy.gif

Edited by Amphithoe on January 26, 2019 10:01AM
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE players get to enjoy thirty (30) overland zones of gameplay.

PvP players get to enjoy two (2) overland zones of gameplay.

This isn't a counterargument, this is just you feeling hard done by.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    @Juju_beans

Sooo, in your opinion the one PvP zone players who enjoy PvP and do have fun should be disrupted by a bunch of players who can't be killed, ruining thier fun experience when the other 98% of the game has no PvP combat? Is that what you're saying?
    Hmmmmm.....

@Kel oooh, you are good. i still feel i'm the sassier one though.

anyway, i'm actually not keen on this specific implementation of a "purely pve cyrodiil", i'd much rather it be a seperate campaign, that way the 2 sides of the community who dispute and hate eachother can be completely seperatr if they choose

emphasis on the word choose.
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Juju_beans

No thats not what he said. What he said is that there are PVE zones and PVP zones. If you want to get into a PVP zone for whatever reason then you enable urself to PVP. Not everything is going to be tailored around your needs and what you find fun.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope.

As a non-PvPer who has great interest in lore books and skyshards, I gotta side with the PvP folks.

Cyrodiil is a PvP zone. If you want to go to there, and make that choice to enter, you must accept that you are fair-game while you are there.

It is very possible to make forays into Cyrodiil and get back out without being ganked in the process.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Juju_beans

Hmmmmm.....

anyway, i'm actually not keen on this specific implementation of a "purely pve cyrodiil", i'd much rather it be a seperate campaign, that way the 2 sides of the community who dispute and hate eachother can be completely seperatr if they choose

That's not the topic of this post. The topic of this post is having a unattackable faction in Cyrodiil.
    People trying to move the goal posts not withstanding, it's just not what the zone was designed for, and I feel completely safe saying it's not going to happen one way or another.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Juju_beans

Hmmmmm.....

That's not the topic of this post. The topic of this post is having a unattackable faction in Cyrodiil.
    People trying to move the goal posts not withstanding, it's just not what the zone was designed for, and I feel completely safe saying it's not going to happen one way or another.
    @Kel
    the topic of the post is to have a way for players who dislike pvp to be able to avoid it, a discussion that has on and offexisted for like 5 years now

i presented an alternate method of implementation. i don't really care what cyrodiil was "designed for", when the game first game out, classes were all designed to be magicka based, but enough people played stamina (and complained enough) that we now have stamina morphs for class abilities

i can't fathom how people can be so against allowing other players more choice
    Edited by Browiseth on January 26, 2019 10:26AM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peace-was-never-an-option-31526728.png
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Juju_beans

Hmmmmm.....

@Kel
    the topic of the post is to have a way for players who dislike pvp to be able to avoid it, a discussion that has on and offexisted for like 5 years now

i presented an alternate method of implementation. i don't really care what cyrodiil was "designed for", when the game first game out, classes were all designed to be magicka based, but enough people played stamina (and complained enough) that we now have stamina morphs for class abilities

You do have a choice, however.
    Enter Cyrodiil and face PvP, or avoid it.
    That is your choice.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Juju_beans

Hmmmmm.....

@Kel

You do have a choice, however.
    Enter Cyrodiil and face PvP, or avoid it.
    That is your choice.

@Kel
    clearly that choice isn't good enough, as this discussion still exists in (current year)

if i can speak my mind for a minute, I've always felt like people arguing against this are doing so from a point of selfishness. they feel offended that someone might get a skyshard or do a quest without the same threat they had to experience. it comes off as extremely petty to me. and before anyone says "i could just argue the same for my point"

no, I don't think you can. it's a video game, it's supposed to be fun. if there's a thing in the game preventing me from having fun, its a thing that needs to be fixed

at least, that's what i've observed, and i've more or less seen all the vapid arguments used to dismiss this conversation
    Edited by Browiseth on January 26, 2019 11:03AM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »

You do realize that skyshard cyrodil achievements are pvp centered right? 3 of them are locked behind faction gates. Meaning, that you literally can't get them unless ur faction opens those gates through pvp activities(taking enemy keeps).

So either leave the gates open, or make it so you can get your faction's Skyshards, while having to get in to PvP to get the ones behind enemy gates.

Sounds fair, right?
  • Malfious1986
    Malfious1986
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I predominantly play PvE but I still really enjoy PvP as well even though I'm not as good at it.
    As someone who likes to complete everything and get achievements, Cyrodil was no issue at all for me (except the 4 furthest Skyshards behind enemy gates).

Cyrodil is really quiet unless you are on the main campaign, and even then there is little chance of getting killed so long as you check the map occasionally to avoid the conflict zones. Other PvP players would likely prefer that you use a less populated campaign anyway so that the players are actually capturing objectives.

Experience: Getting all skyshards, dolmens, delves and completing all quests in Cyrodil and getting killed less than 10 times in the entire process.

I would just advise biting the bullet and going there, its way less scary than people seem to make it out to be.
    Part of the PS4 EU Guild ESO - Expendable Heroes. Check out our Facebook Page! PSN Lord_Malfious