Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race Change: need advice (not about passives or classes)

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'd like to change my race... What does an Altmer need to become Argonian? I guess first I shall buy Any Race, Any Allaince?

The second question is appearance. I really like how my Altmer looks now, it took me long to create him. But what will be a result of a race change? I change race to Argonian, play Murkmire story, and than change back to Altmer. Will he be the same? Or will his appearance be a mess?
Edited by myskyrim26 on January 22, 2019 4:18PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure on the first question about any race, any alliance, but it makes sense that you would need that to change to Argonian.

On the appearance - If you change race you will change his looks and if you change back, I would bet 100% that you will need to redo his looks. I would seriously doubt that your current settings on the Altmer would stay as-is.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the appearance - If you change race you will change his looks and if you change back, I would bet 100% that you will need to redo his looks. I would seriously doubt that your current settings on the Altmer would stay as-is.

If you don't touch any of the settings on the appearance screen you "should" be ok when you change back.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest taking a screenshot in the change race screen and use it when you return to Altmer to preserve his looks.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

If you don't touch any of the settings on the appearance screen you "should" be ok when you change back.

That may work, but may make for a "unique" Argonian. I'm not sure I could change race and NOT mess with the sliders at all. I'm just not sure I have that in me at all....