The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will healers now run a debuff glyph (Weakening or Crushing)?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Tanks have traditionally been expected to run glyphs of both Weakening and Crushing. In the current state of the PTS, they can't do both at full force. So will healers now be expected to run one?

If so, will that make Torug's a meta set for healers?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think Torugs will be meta for healers, but I could see them using Infused Weakening more often.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay tanks are even worse to play now. Zos really likes poking every dedicated tank player with a stick eh?
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks have traditionally been expected to run glyphs of both Weakening and Crushing. In the current state of the PTS, they can't do both at full force. So will healers now be expected to run one?

If so, will that make Torug's a meta set for healers?

Might be an interesting idea on my Brenton Templar. With the race changes, my sustain goes up, and I may not need Magicka Absorb on my front bar anymore. Could go with something more beneficial to the group.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think Torugs will be meta for healers, but I could see them using Infused Weakening more often.

Yes and some of us, use Weakening already; depending on situation/role.
    Edited by IzzyStardust on January 22, 2019 4:43PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was already running infused weakening for most content. So, I will probably continue to do so.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay tanks are even worse to play now. Zos really likes poking every dedicated tank player with a stick eh?

Since I started taking not too long ago, I've come to realize tanks are used to take a beating and endure. In every sense. And I'll say... As a main healer, trying to not let my tanks go down, I wish more healers would do the same for me when I tank.

Tanks stand alone.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Since I started taking not too long ago, I've come to realize tanks are used to take a beating and endure. In every sense. And I'll say... As a main healer, trying to not let my tanks go down, I wish more healers would do the same for me when I tank.

Tanks stand alone.

Huh? A healer's top job is to keep party members from dying. All else (buffs, debuffs, damage) is secondary to that. Obviously.

Yes, in a large fraction of runs the situation doesn't arise. Yes, in a large fraction of the cases where it arises, a Steadfast Ward morph does the job and you don't strictly speaking throw an extra heal. But healers, above all, heal.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the end of the world. Most tanks have a staff of some on backbar..
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the end of the world. Most tanks have a staff of some on backbar..

That's why I asked about running one of the traditional tank glyphs, rather than both.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tanks stand alone.

Huh? A healer's top job is to keep party members from dying. All else (buffs, debuffs, damage) is secondary to that. Obviously.

Yes, in a large fraction of runs the situation doesn't arise. Yes, in a large fraction of the cases where it arises, a Steadfast Ward morph does the job and you don't strictly speaking throw an extra heal. But healers, above all, heal.

100% agreed, but it's noticeable how bad most healers are during tougher bosses in tougher dungeons. I wouldn't notice it until I was on the receiving end of things. Anyway... Can't have good random every time so...
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tanks stand alone.

100% agreed, but it's noticeable how bad most healers are during tougher bosses in tougher dungeons. I wouldn't notice it until I was on the receiving end of things. Anyway... Can't have good random every time so...

Not true, a healer has to be exceptionally bad for me to notice in a dungeon...aside from beat-fests like the Earthgore Amalgam(s) I can keep myself healed without issue when tanking(as a tank should be able to do). A bad healer is far more noticeable as a DPS for me
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to share this job before tanks and no thank you healers should not use torugs
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

Tanks stand alone.

Not true, a healer has to be exceptionally bad for me to notice in a dungeon...aside from beat-fests like the Earthgore Amalgam(s) I can keep myself healed without issue when tanking(as a tank should be able to do). A bad healer is far more noticeable as a DPS for me

Should be able to heal yourself, yes. Need to do it? Eh....I think not. There's a gap there between the moment you take damage, a d the next two or three ticks if damage that your healer most definitely should be the one healing. If not, then you do it. Unless it's an agreement that the healer will keep DDs alive only, tank will self heal, and healer will have more time and resources to push even more damage. Which is also fine by my standards, as. Long as the healer and the tank agree on it.