The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Curse Eater, deserve a nerf before going to live in the current state?

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
Curse Eater

OLD
2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
5 – Reduces the duration of all negative effects applied to you by 20%.
NEW
2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
3 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
4 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
5 – When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 150 Magicka. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

In my opinion this set cannot make it to live in the current state as it will hit, mostly, dots users.
Templars will take a hit in their uniqueness to purge, and i feel it will be too op with cloak users.

My opinion:
Increase the cooldown to 7 seconds.

On patch notes, when a good word needed to be said - This is by far, for me at least, the best patch notes this game have seen in a long time.

First video to show how it literally take the effectiveness of fossilize, @ZOS_GinaBruno This is literally, broken.
* Seen from this vid the dude doesnt even needed to break free, therefore its bugged - how suprising.
* Literally CC immunity set
https://streamable.com/lr4lu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcQ0KP91NW8

Edited by amir412 on January 22, 2019 10:16PM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Curse Eater, deserve a nerf before going to live in the current state? 134 votes

Yes
56%
CireousSolarikenJakxKhivas_CarrickTryxusAektannPhlatheadMalthornedrallarEdaphonMashilleZarycNoisividToRelaxEdziuRagnaroek93Minalanfelinith66Ash_In_My_SujammaSynapsis123 76 votes
No
38%
vailjohn_ESO Schore159SvenjaGigasaxAnkaridanclocksstoppeShareekojouAarDoTaazokaanbooksmcreadEejit1331MaximusDecimusAsysThe_ShadowbornCP5CatchMeTrollingPlayniceRex-Umbrabrandonv516ChunkyCat 51 votes
Other
5%
kypranb14_ESOMinnoNBrookusthankyouratRamiroCruzoBaccaroodamacsmooth 7 votes
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No because i want to use it
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Grab a pencil and write down all of the negative effects that a good player will apply to an enemy during their attack rotation. Then once you see them all, think about how quickly they can be reapplied compared to how often Curse Eating can remove them.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You offer players a way to NOT ever die in PVP and they're going to take it. No more harmful bad effects? Never suffer from snipe or nightblade defiles again? Where do I sign up?

But is that good for the game? Probably not.

This whole thing makes me so happy about the recent changes in the class rep program, because some of those reps are unable to differentiate what is bad for the game as a whole and what is good for their own selfish playstyle
    Edited by Minalan on January 22, 2019 3:32PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    @GrumpyDuckling Sorry but i think u are wrong,
    U do realise that its going to cleanse 2 effects each rally tick?
    Each tick of healing over time will remove 2 effects and restore 150 magicka, i like the idea of the set, But the cooldown is too low.
    Edited by amir412 on January 22, 2019 3:33PM

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    amir412 wrote: »
    Each tick of healing over time will remove 2 effects and restore 150 magicka, i like the idea of the set, But the cooldown is too low.

I'm not entirely sold until it gets tested further. Consider all the negative effects that get placed. I'm going to quote @Berenhir from the other thread because I think their statement is worth thinking about:

"Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash
    5 - 6 Dots (Maim, slow, Siphoner, 2x Poison, maybe poisoned)

LA + Venomous Claw
    1 - 3 Dots (Claw, Siphoner, maybe poisoned)

LA + Noxious Breath
    2 - 4 Dots (Noxious, Siphoner, Fracture, maybe poisoned)

So 3 seconds - 8 dots, some of them reapplied immediately when falling of.

Set balanced.

Not so much in a 1v1 against a sorc or magblades :-1:"

Edited: to complete quote
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on January 22, 2019 4:07PM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not entirely sold until it gets tested further. Consider all the negative effects that get placed. I'm going to quote @Berenhir from the other thread because I think their statement is worth thinking about:

"Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash

LA + Venomous Claw

LA + Noxious Breath

So 3 seconds - 8 dots, some of them reapplied immediately when falling of."

Then you maybe also need to think about the classes without the opportunity to apply so many harmful effects so fast. The magsorcs whole burst combo is ruined with this set, since it will cleanse hunting curse and the few dots a sorc has.

Templars backlash skill probably will not last the full duration and therefore takes away one of the burst skills this class has and needs.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

A longer cool down would make it a trash set like stendar embrace.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Checkmath wrote: »

"Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash

LA + Venomous Claw

LA + Noxious Breath

Then you maybe also need to think about the classes without the opportunity to apply so many harmful effects so fast. The magsorcs whole burst combo is ruined with this set, since it will cleanse hunting curse and the few dots a sorc has.

Templars backlash skill probably will not last the full duration and therefore takes away one of the burst skills this class has and needs.

And that's why we test it further, to see how it performs.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The set is good but to strong we all should not want a set going live that is instant OP. Every tick of Rally for Stam and combined with Mutagen for Magicka when down in health almost all negative effects are removed.

The set is good as this is nice option to expand the wide builds variarty possible in PVP but the cooldown needs to be 3/4 seconds.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Personally I think the effect of the set would be almost unnoticeable outside of dueling. The number of effects, and the rate at which they are reapplied is so great, this set would not be able to keep up. The number of AOE heals and hots would increase the odds that the cool down is used on an ally and not yourself.

For me the question is if you are the ally, can you have more than 2 effects removed per GCD if receiving heals from multiple sources?
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    The set likely needs a rework to make it not be able to be stacked by multiple players, and potentially to not allow the same ally to receive the effects (a short, ally based CD).

It's extremely ironic that people have been literally screaming on the forums about the bleed/DoT/snare/defile meta and this set gets introduced and all of a sudden it's god's punishment to man.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash

LA + Venomous Claw

LA + Noxious Breath

You may also quote me completely, I explicitly state that it's balanced against DoT classes but not against mSorc or mNB :tongue:
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Glory wrote: »

It's extremely ironic that people have been literally screaming on the forums about the bleed/DoT/snare/defile meta and this set gets introduced and all of a sudden it's god's punishment to man.

This is why I'd like to see how it tests before any rash decisions are made.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Berenhir wrote: »

"Example sDK:
    LA + Low Slash + Bash

LA + Venomous Claw

LA + Noxious Breath

You may also quote me completely, I explicitly state that it's balanced against DoT classes but not against mSorc or mNB :tongue:

Updated, thank you for catching that.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if DKs wouldn't suffer enough from this purging mania that Templars have. If another easy mode purge gets introduced, what damage are they even supposed to do in pvp ? Purges are way too strong and counter literally any build that relies on build up rather than burst. This is why burst is the only viable way in pvp.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    No because i want to use it

6jvpx3M.jpg
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It will/would gut everything.

No class (none) doesn't use some form of purgeable effect.

Dots
    Debuffs (defile, concussion, fracture/breach,
    Direct attacks (curse, PotL)
    Snares and Roots

It is a set that literally can be placed on any build and be effective
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Purge is alrdy a very powerful skill that takes away a lot of pressure when you use it. Putting it on an armor set for free casts every 2 secs results in a similar situation as the first iteration of Soldier of Anguish: a strong set on its own, too potent in a group with others using it
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if the set will not proc on hots but only on direct heal, will it be balanced?
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Needs a percentage to proc it. Too OP as it is
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    What if the set will not proc on hots but only on direct heal, will it be balanced?

That's one of my suggestions as well. Requires active gameplay.
    Valykc wrote: »
    Needs a percentage to proc it. Too OP as it is

I'd advocate for any other solution that percentage procs. Everyone, and I mean everyone, hates those.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    1 Cleanse every 2 sec would feel more balanced to me.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If a group of 4 all wear this set and run together then they are essentially immune to DoTs
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There are a number of sets this can be paired with that would make it even crazier.

I think Steadfast Hero is the biggest one. Paired with this set, you would have mostly a 50% uptime of Major Protection with little effort. Which is huge. Steadfast hero right now requires actively proccing it. But with passive healing from the templar or nightblade spammable, this will be up on cooldown.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would say it needs a higher cooldown.
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cooldown should be 5 or 6 seconds and to compensate that, magicka restore could be increased to 200. If it purges every 2 seconds someone with this set would be close to "immune" to sorcs curses, at least when context being 1 vs 1 against magicka-sorc. Ofc they could also change curse to explode when purged so it would work as inevitable detonation and remove sorc-specific issue with this set, but even then it might be bit too strong set against damage over time skills.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I haven't tried it yet.

"When you heal yourself or an ally, remove two negative effects from them."

The wording is unclear. Who is them. Does that mean yourself and one person or ???

I'm going with No for now. There're builds that can place 5 dots on you every second. Then add in the ranged dots from players and siege. This set would be especially nice in no-cp PVP.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Iki wrote: »
    Cooldown should be 5 or 6 seconds and to compensate that, magicka restore could be increased to 200. If it purges every 2 seconds someone with this set would be close to "immune" to sorcs curses, at least when context being 1 vs 1 against magicka-sorc. Ofc they could also change curse to explode when purged so it would work as inevitable detonation and remove sorc-specific issue with this set, but even then it might be bit too strong set against damage over time skills.

It's not just Sorc curses, it's also incap strike immunity. The fracture is purged and the defile laughed off the second after it hits. Even if you swap to DBOS, the dot gets lol purged.

Try killing anyone with a nightblade if this goes live.

I say this because so many nightblades can't wait to wear it with cloak. Stop that. This set hurts you a lot more than it helps.
    Edited by Minalan on January 22, 2019 5:36PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would say it needs a higher cooldown.

I agree with this. For what it brings to the table it is over performing on PTS currently.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There is no need for further testing to understand this set is broken. This set is literally going to kill mag sorc.

This discussion has been closed.