The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How would you make houses more interactive for people?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What would you do or add?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usable beds that would offer a rested buff.
    Food that can be both displayed and eaten.
    Mannequins that could be used to store a gear set.
    Nodes that could be used to farm produce and/or alchemy ingredients.
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the ability to place my other characters in the house (just like we do with the banker or merchant). They'd be placed as I wish, and dressed/equipped the way I last logged off from each of them. That'd be awesome. And while I'm no programmer, I don't see any fatal technical difficulty in it.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 22, 2019 2:32PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abilit to lay down on beds, add real provsioning stations!!! *cough*upcomingchiminea*cough* Traps house is good for tank./heals training and testing builds. Add lootables? Ability to fish? secret rooms? Wayshrines. REAL banker and merchant and fence. Maybe can only have a real fence but not banker (like an outlaws refuge)

Crafting stations - instead of needing a full house JUST for sets, add a "super station" - you can make any set you've found, So I can put these in my "livable" homes.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More [types] of those damaging plants that dropped with Murkmire. I built a healer testing area with a practice dummy and those plants, so healers could practice healing while dps are fighting and taking dmg, but the plants are super expensive and the lightning ones sap all of your resources, so it only leaves the poison and physical ones. We need some fire plants!

**edited to add: Oh! Or some practice dummies who can be set to give off a type of damage, or a rotation of all types of dmg in succesion.
    Edited by p00tx on January 22, 2019 9:41PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trees that spawn wood resources, rocks that spawn ore and jewelry resources, gardens that spawn clothing and alchemy resources. These things would have to be limited of course to not ruin open world gathering.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the position restriction on Crafting stations so the slight position change that occurs on render does not make the stations useless.

Oh, and let me assume the sleep position on my bed. But, and this is the part that would be really cool, let me log out while in the sleeping position. Then I can log back in later, wake up and start my adventure.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trowlk wrote: »
    Mannequins and weapon stands that let you place customized gear with your owned dyes and styles.

AND let you swap your current gear out to whats on the mannequin at a click.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guard NPCs
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simplistic Mini games (e.g. rock paper scissors, random number generation, something that wouldn't take too much processing power), gardening, more talky npcs like the augur, more merchant types, ability to pickup up/turn in a limited amount of quests, and more sophisticated traps and more furniture that plays animations.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 23, 2019 4:24AM
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be housing-communities, not instances.
    Like in LotRo. In my whole Gaming-Career I never had more fun than at the Festivities we all had in our guilds neighbourhood. We even had Midsummerfestivals and Birthdayparties in the town center.

Housing in ESO is just the place where your Target-Dummy stands. Why would I decorate my house and my garden if no one will ever see it.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allowing small 3 v 3 fights instead of just duels.
    A pond / stream for water effects.
    Wardrobes / Mannequins that wear full item sets as already mentioned above.
    A provisioning station that doesnt look like someone is camped out on the floor of my kitchen.
    Allow people to visit each of your homes from a drop-down menu.
    More NPCs would be great, to make the house look alive. Just one or 2 on a loop doing a string of in-game emotes.
    Traps, Gas-Clouds, Steam, Spikes and other events.
    Crafting stations that allow multiple different sets (5-10?) to be crafted - so they don't each take up an item space.
    Lots, and lots more combined furnishings, to help combat the limitations of the current max item barrier.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guest book that tracks everybody who enters your home and allows them to leave a message if they choose.

A drop down menu that allows players to select which of my homes they want to visit.

The ability to visit random (sorta) homes. The way I see it working you would go to the maps menu and click on the houses area just like you would to visit your homes. There would be a drop down there that lists several homes others have decorated. Players would have to opt in to have their homes included. As example if you clicked on Autumn's Gate you would see your home, Autumn's Gate without decorations and maybe ten random selections of Autumn's Gate others have decorated. Clicking again would bring up a new random list.

I am against the idea of adding fully functional bankers and merchants, turn in sights for crafting writs and quests and other things like that for selfish reasons. I like seeing what other players characters look like so I want them to have to visit towns instead of being able to do most things in their homes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Skills and Attribute shrines for houses,
    2. Stablehand in houses
    3. Wandering NPCs in housing to give it life
    4. Guild Store/Bank access through Banker
    5. Mannequins
    6. A Coldharbour style place but in a green location
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Remove the position restriction on Crafting stations so the slight position change that occurs on render does not make the stations useless.

Oh, and let me assume the sleep position on my bed. But, and this is the part that would be really cool, let me log out while in the sleeping position. Then I can log back in later, wake up and start my adventure.

I'm not sure if it would work, but have you tried typing /camp while sleeping? It may work as you described (at least for the log out portion).
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Implement Port to Friends add on into the game and make it more user friendly by doing so. It's ridiculous that we can only have ONE "primary" residence that allows us to share our houses with others even when we are online. We need to be able to set offline visitation on ANY or ALL houses we want.
    2. Mounts WITHOUT their saddles and other tack. 2a. Animations for those mounts that make sense. Horses grazing. Bears napping. Etc.
    3. Pet animals should sit or lay down on command, including a sleep command.
    4. DAY/NIGHT TOGGLE. Let ME decide what time of day it is in my house! A weather toggle would be nice but since weather is client side it doesn't matter as much.
    5. Seated idle animations. Click to sit on a chair or sofa and then have a choice of idles like drink/read/nap!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    1. Implement Port to Friends add on into the game and make it more user friendly by doing so. It's ridiculous that we can only have ONE "primary" residence that allows us to share our houses with others even when we are online. We need to be able to set offline visitation on ANY or ALL houses we want.

So much this!!!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild bank access
    Guild store access
    Mannequin to save CP, Skills, Gear onto for PvP / PvE switch
    Ability to turn on PVP :)
    Can't folks queue for a BG now in home? For a while they couldn't which ruined our dueling hang out between BG.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    Ditto on having beds that you can use to get a rested bonus, like it was in Morrowind. But do not incur a penalty for not using the bed! I would also say that all the storage should be useable. The kitchen hearth should be a useable provisioning setup from the start. After all these houses cost real money, they should come with amenities. It would be cool to see your horses stabled at the homes with stables. Oh and what about a Master Gardner who would come and fix up your grounds? A painter for hire to come and give your house a fresh coat of paint in the color of your choosing. The homes with water features could be stocked with fish for fishing. Just a few ideas.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being able to go up to pets/mounts and, well, pet them.

I could spend hours telling my horses what good girls they are.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Able to purchase an instanced room for a guild hall you belong to.

Make guilds more lively while having your own customizable space.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first and key step to doing anything to improve housing would be to appoint a dev that listens and interacts with the community.
    I'm kind of getting fed up with the housing forum to be honest. It just feels like a waste. There are so many threads listing good suggestions on improving this element of the game and ZOS keep telling us that they take our suggestions onboard yet I have never seen a dev comment on the housing forum and everytime there are new houses or new furniture items added to the game it seems blatantly disconnected from what is being asked for :(
    I mean just look at the latest CS furniture items added to the PTS. I looked at the broken barricades, the dwemer benches and blocks, and just thought 'seriously.. all those threads and you give us these!!'
    Maybe that's just my perspective but I doubt I'm alone.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    A guest book that tracks everybody who enters your home and allows them to leave a message if they choose.

A drop down menu that allows players to select which of my homes they want to visit.

The ability to visit random (sorta) homes. The way I see it working you would go to the maps menu and click on the houses area just like you would to visit your homes. There would be a drop down there that lists several homes others have decorated. Players would have to opt in to have their homes included. As example if you clicked on Autumn's Gate you would see your home, Autumn's Gate without decorations and maybe ten random selections of Autumn's Gate others have decorated. Clicking again would bring up a new random list.

I am against the idea of adding fully functional bankers and merchants, turn in sights for crafting writs and quests and other things like that for selfish reasons. I like seeing what other players characters look like so I want them to have to visit towns instead of being able to do most things in their homes.

And I'm the opposite. There are plenty of other reasons to go to towns, and my main will always be in them anyway, doing questing and all the things I do in a given day. But, since I'd love to utilize the crafting areas in my homes, I'd love the option to keep my alts there and just do their daily crafting writs. It's the only thing they do, so why should they have to port to town (or stay there, homeless) to do writs.

I'd gladly accept no fully functional banker/merchant if I could have a writ courier NPC. Besides, even with a fully functional banker, I'm still going to have to visit towns to shop. I'm only in a couple trading guilds, and while I shop them first, they don't always have what I'm looking for. As for the merchant, I haven't paid for repairs in years and I've got hundreds of repair kits lying around.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the ability to garden materials for provisioning and alchemy in a plot or containers. Even decorative furnishings like flowers to place in vases would be good. I would also like to be able to add an NPC or two to give the dwelling a less empty look. Things like a cook for the kitchen, stable hand, butler, etc. They wouldn't have to have a lot of movement but enough to add some reality.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to buy npcs such as guards, cook, farmer etc along with alts and animals which all have animations.
  • skrvbb10rd
    skrvbb10rd
    ✭✭✭
    A guard npc that oneshots anyone who turns more than 10% of the lights off

"get out of my swamp!" - Get-Out-My-Swamp, 2018.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have all non-logged in characters of house owner wander house randomly, like NPCs.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of fantastic ideas in this thread!

I'll add a few of my own:
    • Attunable Portals: Purchasable for vouchers at the Mage or Psijic Guildhalls. Use them at a respawn point (ex wayshrine or delve; no PvP areas or dungeons/trials) to attune them to that location. Place attuned portal in your home. Use it to teleport straight to target area's closest respawn point. A fun and fast way to go to your favorite city or farming delve.
    • Farming: Add new Farming Furnishings, like plots and flower beds, that allow you to grow your own crops and alchemical reagents. Place 1 unit of the plant or mushroom you want to grow in it. Wait X days and harvest.
    • More Followers: We need more variety than just Banker, Merchant, and Fence. Adding more followers would also allow players to add more life to their homes. None of these are as powerful mechanically as the Banker or Merchant, so they shouldn't be as expensive.
      • Bards: One for each instrument. Would be fun to have one following you around Tamriel, but would also require a new setting allowing others to turn off seeing all followers of other players. Still, I want my traveling minstrels! "Bravely ran away, away!..."
      • Blacksmith: Allows you to repair your armor for free once per day. Limited to once per day, even if you tried to use another a friend owned, to avoid abuse. Also could sell common crafting materials and basic weapons.
      • Stablehand: Can visit them as an alternative of visiting the stables.
      • Fisher: Gives you random baits once per day. Also gives you the same bonus as fishing with other players when out, allowing you to have your chances of finding rare fish buffed, even when fishing alone.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭
    1. Mini way shrine points. Port to and from.
    2. Guards, stablehands, cooks etc to make it realistic.
    3. Turn all lights off/on ability.
    4. Visiting writ maker or a writ board.