The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Decreasing Quality of Apex Mounts Overtime

Perwulf
Perwulf
✭✭✭✭✭
Since hollowjack crates, every apex quality mounts started to look fugly and radiant apex quality drop chance even lower. See the drop rates for yourself.

Look at the datamined apex crate mounts ugh :s
aw_crwn_mounts_dragonscalebardedbear_1x1.jpg

Then compared to this assuming that it is radiant apex quality.
aw_crwn_mounts_meridiansabrecat_1x1.jpg

The quality went from 0 to 100% compared to previous crates. Back then, a single Apex is like winning the lottery already.
Datamined Crate Mounts
"Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The apex mounts are recycled psijic visual effects in a different armor mesh

That one is probably an overpriced crown store limited time exclusive
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Those radiant apex mounts are like a Christmas Tree, I hate them so much, I prefer nice textured armors way more, but magpies like shiny things...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Seriously? Those radiant apex mounts are like a Christmas Tree, I hate them so much, I prefer nice textured armors way more, but magpies like shiny things...
    Agreed. I don't think I use any of the super rare mounts I own on my characters because the normal ones look so much better and more fitting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been getting lazy in the design, and making only the radiant apex something nice. I miss quality like the Storm atro and Wild hunt crates.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like armored horses too specially a high quality textured one in full armor but they don't exist. The only ones we have either have an ugly mount color, lacking in armor, blurry textures, and only comes in one type of mount, they should make those mount armors as outfit slots instead and just release separate motifs for mounts.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guess that's why they came up with the race change token cash grab because these mounts are fugly, Cx. :s
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use my disco mounts except a Psijiik Senche - I ride him on Artaeum.

I love the mounts that are called "ugly" - I consider them to be beautiful and lore-friendly. Lizard mounts included, I love them most of all.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't what are you talking about, i got 3 murkmire lizard things from 30 crates which i always buy from new pack and they are all used somewhere:
    Lizard guar - as a decoration
    Lizard bear as a mount for argonian
    Lizard wolf as a mount for my dreugh tank. (re-purposed sorc, after U20)

And they are all amazing in detail and quality, those common horses have much worse texture detail.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't what are you talking about, i got 3 murkmire lizard things from 30 crates which i always buy from new pack and they are all used somewhere:
    Lizard guar - as a decoration
    Lizard bear as a mount for argonian
    Lizard wolf as a mount for my dreugh tank. (re-purposed sorc, after U20)

And they are all amazing in detail and quality, those common horses have much worse texture detail.

Yes I forgot to include, I love Xanmeer too, I never got bored riding my senche lizard because it's unique compared to other mounts.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    They have been getting lazy in the design, and making only the radiant apex something nice. I miss quality like the Storm atro and Wild hunt crates.

I hope Storm Atro Crates come back...
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, they're all reskins of the same mounts. They're probably running out of ideas so they're starting to look like that. I have a lot of apex mounts (especially guar & senches) and the quality seems to vary per crate season. Since it's supposed to be "pretty", it's subjective as well. Someone out there might like the more simple mounts, even if we don't. For example, I really like the wild hunt guar with the flowers on the ground and I really didn't like the mukrmire lizard guar with the weird skin flaps. In the end though, the items all don't matter. They're all cosmetic and just for collections or just to look at. For Cyrodiil at least, since it's horse riding simulator, there's a lot of choices on what to look at while you ride to a keep (if combat bug isn't stopping you from mounting zzzz) If they're planning on selling more items like cosmetic mounts and want people like me to drop $200++ to get apex mounts every season, it really makes no sense that bugs like combat bug exist where we can't ride our horses lol.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these types of apex mounts more personally, I never end up riding my flashy glowy mounts for too long except for sometimes my dro-m'athra sence, but even then, I go back to the non-flashy one more often. If I got an Apex mount from these crates I might actually use it. Well, if it's either a horse or a senche. :P

At least until the chapter gets released and I can ride around with my Senche-raht friend and probably not use any other mount with my Khajiit main for years.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Agreed. I don't think I use any of the super rare mounts I own on my characters because the normal ones look so much better and more fitting.

The only apex one I use is Ebon Senche - because it came from a free crate and it is rather cooool! I got also the fiery one from the murkmire crates - but am not a fan :-(
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yeah, my fav ones are sabercats with these body armors, black bear with upgrades and alliance war horses - unfortunately the last ones have ugly colours - only EP one looks nice ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge