The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The most drastic PvE change coming in U21

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Enchants on one handed weapons will now be half the potency of those placed on two handed weapons. This will apply to the damage and effectiveness of enchants, but will not affect the cooldown.
This means an enchant that would normally have a 4 second cooldown and deal 4000 damage on a two handed weapon will deal 2000 Damage, but still have a 4 second cooldown.

Forget about racials passives, they are all still good and very much usable even if its not BiS the changes are manageable, but this??

This is a huge nerf for all PvE Stamina DDs and also a huge Nerf for tanks in PvE as well.

Stamina DDs could switch to 2H now since 2h gives a really good execute and self heal/major brutality buff, but this means that overall stamina dps will drop while Magicka dps is unaffected. Magicka DDs already dominated end game trials even though stamina DDs outdamaged them due to survivability, but now there is literally no reason to run stamina DDs for any serious raiding or even challenging DLC dungeons.

Also tank will have to run ice staff back bar just to get the max crushing effect for max penetration, so new meta will be s&b front bar with weakening enchant and Ice staff backbar with crusher enchant for max penetration.

Oh well..
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have just buffed 2h enchants. Zos has the option to either buff or nerf to get their desired goal, and they always take the nerf path.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lf alkosh ice staff :D
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Could have just buffed 2h enchants. Zos has the option to either buff or nerf to get their desired goal, and they always take the nerf path.

Prismatic glyph on Torug infused is just shy of 10k damage. Doubling 2H enchants would be extremely OP.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did say damage. Not buffs, Weapon/spell dmg on weapons and crushing enchant might not be touched
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »
    They did say damage. Not buffs, Weapon/spell dmg on weapons and crushing enchant might not be touched

Damage and effectiveness, don't think they will miss this one
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

"Enchants on one handed weapons will now be half the potency of those placed on two handed weapons." (c)
  • nud3_voxel
    nud3_voxel
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka DDs already dominated end game trials even though stamina DDs outdamaged them due to survivability, but now there is literally no reason to run stamina DDs for any serious raiding or even challenging DLC dungeons.

Oh well..

I don't think we play the same game. Except in vAS and vCR (where range dps are better due to mechanics), raid teams bring as many stamblades as possible. vDSA and vBRP are basically 1 tank and 3 melee DPS? UwU?
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Primary reason I dislike using staff back bar is because I will lose the armor and stat bonus from shields.
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    nud3_voxel wrote: »
    Magicka DDs already dominated end game trials even though stamina DDs outdamaged them due to survivability, but now there is literally no reason to run stamina DDs for any serious raiding or even challenging DLC dungeons.

Oh well..

I don't think we play the same game. Except in vAS and vCR (where range dps are better due to mechanics), raid teams bring as many stamblades as possible. vDSA and vBRP are basically 1 tank and 3 melee DPS? UwU?
    Stam best crafters after this patch
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there I'll go swapping enchants left and right again.. oh well.

At this rate, I'll really have to reroll my Stamplar into Magicka just to get those HM trials done.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forget about racials passives, they are all still good and very much usable even if its not BiS the changes are manageable

No, not forgetting them.. since there will be some big nerfs from them too that many not even understand yet. So gonna be reminding about them too.

But yeah, this one gonna be a big nerf for many also.

So if Murkmire was known as "Nerfmire" then what shall Wrathstone be known as.. Nerfstone? :D
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

Forget about racials passives, they are all still good and very much usable even if its not BiS the changes are manageable

So if Murkmire was known as "Nerfmire" then what shall Wrathstone be known as.. Nerfstone? :D
    Tombstone :#
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate being a tank and having to use a staff already. Sigh.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there a contest at zos to see if they can just make people delete their tanks altogether?

For all the cries about "tanking is fine" - every single patch since MW nearly has been a nerf to tanking in some form or another.

The role is already not fun and already hard to find other players doing well. So let's ruin it more.
    Let's make Alkosh even more mandatory than it already is.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Tombstone :#

This, lol.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The better what we can do is not reading any natch potes ever. Seriously.
    Just relax, and play. When it will be new update, you will know changes in the game. Don't spend nerves. ;)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    So is there a contest at zos to see if they can just make people delete their tanks altogether?

For all the cries about "tanking is fine" - every single patch since MW nearly has been a nerf to tanking in some form or another.

The role is already not fun and already hard to find other players doing well. So let's ruin it more.

Now tanking will be more dynamic and risky that is good imo. Good for tank player, not for group ofc, since there will be more dead tanks now, that's for sure.
    Just relax, and play. When it will be new update, you will know changes in the game. Don't spend nerves. ;)
    It's better to adapt to bad news in parts..
    Previous week we adapted that we'll lose 2-3% of dps from maxresource nerfs, then we realised death of madDK, now we are losing part of game fun (implosion) and got DW nerfed.

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now tanking will be more dynamic and risky that is good imo. Good for tank player, not for group ofc, since there will be more dead tanks now, that's for sure.
    Previous week we adapted that we'll lose 2-3% of dps from maxresource nerfs, then we realised death of madDK, now we are losing part of game fun (implosion) and got DW nerfed.

And imagine, all of that after a nice hype start to the year.. just to ruin it with nerfs that were not needed. Race changes that changed nothing (except nerfs). Just.. why? :D
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And imagine, all of that after a nice hype start to the year.. just to ruin it with nerfs that were not needed. Race changes that changed nothing (except nerfs). Just.. why? :D

I think they plan to overhaul all system to get rid of bonus stacking and make everything plain with variety of builds which will have small difference in efficiency since stacking one stat won't work as good as now. In theory this is not bad, but in practice..
    Following this logic they will nerf rebalance passives to plain values after that, and then nerf crit mechanic heavily (since now it almost doubles damage output with major force).
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srsly zos gonna nerf the only thing they buffed in nerfmire? On top of racial passive nerfs?
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanking isn't "more dynamic" just because we are forced to use magic sticks and medium armor sets. There's nothing 'dynamic' about being pushed further and further towards being a glorified buff bot.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchants on one handed weapons will now be half the potency of those placed on two handed weapons. This will apply to the damage and effectiveness of enchants, but will not affect the cooldown.
    This means an enchant that would normally have a 4 second cooldown and deal 4000 damage on a two handed weapon will deal 2000 Damage, but still have a 4 second cooldown.

Forget about racials passives, they are all still good and very much usable even if its not BiS the changes are manageable, but this??

This is a huge nerf for all PvE Stamina DDs and also a huge Nerf for tanks in PvE as well.

Stamina DDs could switch to 2H now since 2h gives a really good execute and self heal/major brutality buff, but this means that overall stamina dps will drop while Magicka dps is unaffected. Magicka DDs already dominated end game trials even though stamina DDs outdamaged them due to survivability, but now there is literally no reason to run stamina DDs for any serious raiding or even challenging DLC dungeons.

Also tank will have to run ice staff back bar just to get the max crushing effect for max penetration, so new meta will be s&b front bar with weakening enchant and Ice staff backbar with crusher enchant for max penetration.

Oh well..

And that'll be a wrap for me. No point in playing a game run by imbeciles. Weapons, especially one handed, already come with the handicap of needing to be in the thick on things, unlike the stick wavers (staff users) who sit back well out of AoE range and lob some globs of magic.

Nope, if this goes live, I'll be looking for a new game. And no... you CAN'T have my stuff.

I'm getting tired of following the lead of moronic nitwits who don't understand the dynamics of their own game. You know... like the wood elf passive being changed to 3m DETECTION... because you know... there are SO MANY hidden enemies in PvE. That makes it PvP exclusive and a lousy one at that for being exclusive to ONE form of play.

Nope, they are trying to pull a Star Wars: Last Jedi on ESO.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they plan to overhaul all system to get rid of bonus stacking and make everything plain with variety of builds which will have small difference in efficiency since stacking one stat won't work as good as now. In theory this is not bad, but in practice..
    Following this logic they will nerf rebalance passives to plain values after that, and then nerf crit mechanic heavily (since now it almost doubles damage output with major force).

Sadly i feel they are on that road.. Now some are defending changes so hard, people not understanding them. But eventually they will, when things they enjoy will be taken away from the game with the same "vision".

It makes me sad that not so many see where all these are heading the game. Most people just seem to spend their energy at laughing at those who gets nerfed and not realize it is their turn next.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of vertical progression we're getting reverse progression; now your characters can age and wither over the years, just like real people. :D
    forever stuck in combat
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    Instead of vertical progression we're getting reverse progression; now your characters can age and wither over the years, just like real people. :D

Just wait for new trial sets, there will be 750 spell damage after jumping 5 times in one place, some stamina proc set with 10k dps proccing from each animation cancel. And light armor for tanks which gives 4k penetration to all group after dodging HA instead of blocking.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »

I feel old and withered even though im not old or withered.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And people wonder why no one tanks....

Dmg is already rubbish, and now it's nerfed as well.

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Prismatic glyph on Torug infused is just shy of 10k damage. Doubling 2H enchants would be extremely OP.

True, but I don't agree with how they have done it. One main reason is that it impacts sword and shield too. Tanks are worse off and using backbar sets in pvp to proc wep dmg glyph is just worse, making buffs/changes like orc getting wep dmg basically useless for me because I lose that amount from the glyph anyway.

• dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything will be fine just like always. I'd rather see this over seeing dps power creep into 70k
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Erm this is a logical and balanced change?

How can a sword have the same enchantment power as a great sword?