The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dw Melee MNB got Nerfed again are you serious ZOS

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What is up with Melee MNB. It was stated in June Class Rep notes that a buff is warranted with concealed weapon. Now onto February and nothing nadda zilch. It’s getting crazy that Melee MAGPLAR just got another buff to justify Melee range. But squishy MNB with no burst heal gets the shaft.

Now enchants are halved (Rip any change of DW MNN)
And Destro doesn’t require a skill pretty much ensures that’s this is the play style ZOS want you to play

Since Morrowind It has been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and nerfed and nerfed. While Destro builds gets buffed almost every patch without fail.

Thinks that have been nerfed on my playstyle
Some of these are bugs but the at least got them in a decent Melee spot compared to let’s say Stam Warden

Dw enchant 50%
Infused enchants only on the associated with the weapon (bug)
Charged enchant only on the associated weapon (bug)
Cloak crit heals (bug)
Soul harvest undodgable (bug)
Dw Weapon Damage Nerf
Lotus fan nerf damage and snare
Minor vitality nerf
Minor protection nerf
Shield changes
Resto staff ultimate nerf
Cripple nerf
Racial passives nerfed
Inner light from stealth nerf
Speed pot nerf
Fear nerf
Impale nerf
Merciless snare nerf

There are a few more that I cannot think of right now

And now that staffs are buffed again with them being 2pc now

ZOS please give Melee MNB some loving. It’s become sickening that even after you mentioned 6 month ago nothin has been done.
Edited by Koolio on January 21, 2019 9:34PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is taken front the JULY patch notes

Dominates ranged PvE DPS. Lots of off-healing, great sustain, strong numbers. Reps EMPHATICALLY emphasized the preferred resolution to this is *not* to nerf NB, rather to make it so the other classes feel just as strong and provide unique benefits to groups that can’t be acquired elsewhere via gear or such.
    One example was Crystal Frags need to be brought up to level of Assassin’s Will
    Nightblade Off Healers stepping too much on the toes of Healers
    Be careful about flat out nerfs because solo Nightblades need their class tools
    Melee mageblade still needs work. Need to address Concealed, Assassin’s Blade, melee tools to avoid inadvertently buffing destro
    Destro is too forgiving
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you think nbs got a nerf, check out mag sorcs history
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    if you think nbs got a nerf, check out mag sorcs history

This thread is not about Other classes. Just specifically Melee MNB. Not even ranges ones.

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try not to use a stam weapon on a mag toon? Geez
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would I use a ranged weapon for a melee based class?
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Big time. And I was secretly hoping that this patch would allow light attacks from swords to also scale of of magicka if it was higher. Hohohoho. Embrace the stick!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This damage increase should now have this ability and its morphs more in line with other spammable abilities accounting for the fact that channeling results in less Light Attacks and enchantment procs. We want to make sure Melee builds are adequately rewarded for the extra amount of risk they are undertaking.

We need that risk reward as a Melee MNB if im going to have to compete with Stam Wardens and MDK.

This was a Patch Notes explanation for Templar Melee buff from Update 20

Internally, we found that melee Magicka-based Templars specifically were struggling to contend with other melee damage dealing spots in organized play (such as fully-optimized raiding environments that have access to many empowering and debilitating abilities), and this change is aimed at remedying that. We've specifically targeted more of the single target damage production of the class with this change, as their cleave DPS is in a relatively healthy spot.

This is the Templar explanation for update 21

Why is NOTHING being done for melee MNB? This is really bothering me that in July as posted above there was problem with being under performing . Yet Melee Magplars keep getting buff with that in mind but not MNB.

Is PVE DW or 2H Melee MNB so strong in pve that they just can't be buffed? Are they so strong in PVP that they kill everyone? What is the deal?

How have you not internally found that Melee MNB are struggling to contend with other melee damage dealing classes in organized gameplay such as group PvP? Where is the change to help remedy that? Can we get maybe some AOE melee and single target since neither seem to be in a healthy spot.

Its almost insulting to put some type of other melee buff to classes notes and never do anything about this. I occasionally make a post every few months to try and get this attention and in July I finally thought it would.

Is this ever going to be mentioned again?

Edited by Koolio on January 21, 2019 11:19PM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol melee templar get buff again?
    They are really strong
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know this nerfs everyone, right? That said, kinda unneeded change.

Quick question though why do you use dw and not 2h. I feel like fm, even at 4s, is better than an extra enchant
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

MagDk and magplar do use staff builds so what is your excuse?
  • Vrenk
    Vrenk
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

MagDk and magplar do use staff builds so what is your excuse?

The difference is that MagDK and Magplar are still very competitive using both melee and range weapons, whereas Magblade is tied to range weapons as much as a sorc since proxy det nerf, and this guy is asking for some sort of buff to make melee Magblade viable again.

- Make goblins a playable race