The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Event tickets tied to PvP events...

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing to see here. Just another self entitled baby.
    Linaleah wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    go to battleground guy.

Get quest, if quest is participate in 5 battlegrounds.

Queue for battlegrounds.

Do not move from entrance.

Do this 5 times.

If the quest is not participate in 5 battlegrounds, drop quest and re-pick up quest.

If you do not want to ruin 3 other players battleground experience, get 3 pve players to do this with you.

Profit.

Use your brains folks, there is always a way to win.

uh... the shortest quest is 1k personal medals. 5 bg is only worth it if you enjoy bg, cause that will take you give or take an hour, sometimes more. 1k medals is one maybe 2 bg tops.

I said nothing about time spent, he said he hates everything pvp. This gives you the ability to get tickets with literally 0 pvp.

how is doing 5 bg - doing zero pvp???? /rereads. oh wow. I litteraly hate people like you. pvp is not my favorite, but when I do join in, I actualy make an effort to participate. people like you - ruin it for everyone who is actualy trying to play.

and... its still 1 hour or more wasted.

The scouting quest in cyrodiil involves no pvp whatsoever, and takes less than 5 mins to do...
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on January 20, 2019 6:56AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Nothing to see here. Just another self entitled baby.
    go to battleground guy.

Queue for battlegrounds.

Do this 5 times.

If the quest is not participate in 5 battlegrounds, drop quest and re-pick up quest.

If you do not want to ruin 3 other players battleground experience, get 3 pve players to do this with you.

Profit.

uh... the shortest quest is 1k personal medals. 5 bg is only worth it if you enjoy bg, cause that will take you give or take an hour, sometimes more. 1k medals is one maybe 2 bg tops.

I said nothing about time spent, he said he hates everything pvp. This gives you the ability to get tickets with literally 0 pvp.

how is doing 5 bg - doing zero pvp???? /rereads. oh wow. I litteraly hate people like you. pvp is not my favorite, but when I do join in, I actualy make an effort to participate. people like you - ruin it for everyone who is actualy trying to play.

The scouting quest in cyrodiil involves no pvp whatsoever, and takes less than 5 mins to do...

if you read early first page - I said exactly that :)https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5745430/#Comment_5745430

what you replied to was response to someone recommending essentially ruining 3 other people's time by being a drain on their BG team.
    Edited by Linaleah on January 20, 2019 7:03AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one event for tickets that’s pvp and people start losing their minds. Did you forget that every event is pve except for this one. Smh.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of PvP either (although I have joined a couple of groups during this event and had a blast!) that being said it is possible to just do the PvE quests in the towns and still get the tickets- which seems fair! :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    I haven't had issues with town quests when I've done 'em. Tho I don't do them every day either.
    Neither has I, you want to go to an fairly populated campain for this and go to an town deep inside your own area.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, not all events are going to make every single person happy. I stress out so bad for the dungeon event myself. I haven't ran enough of them to be past that whole omg this is awful feeling. But I would never think the right thing to do would be to demand that since I don't like them that they should cater to me in any way.

I like that they have a variety of things going on that are going to 1. appeal to a wide variety of players and 2. encourage people to check out areas of the game they don't normally play. How things are set up now completely makes sense.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to PvP for this event.

Go to a town, do a quest. Zero PvP.

My wife doesn't like PvP either, yet she has gotten tickets everyday by doing one pve daily quest in any town which was safest to quest.

She encountered 1 enemy player who did not attack her.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    The saltiness...

I've been doing BGs for this whole event, each day. Won some, lost some. Had some fun, but overall it was just another grind for me.

Just two more tickets to go before I can wash my hands of this pvp as an event. It is less boring than the fetch quests for the New Life events, and that's about all I can say for it. Just business as usual lol.
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have zero interest in PvP, it's laggy and not fun at all.. and it really sucks that I'm missing out on a full stack of event tickets due to midyear mayhem. Y'all really need to intro a PvE aspect to this event.

I really don't understand this entitled attitude - PvP is a legitimate part of the game, so why not have a PvP based event?

I'm not a fan of PvP either, and it seemed to me I had three options.

1. Don't do the event.
    2. Don't do the event, but post on the forums about how unfair it is that I'm being 'forced' out of my comfort zone. (this seems to be a popular option)
    3. Suck it up and try some PvP.

I went with option three, thinking I would spend the whole event being repeatedly murdered in Battlegrounds - but I did about two minutes of homework on Google before I went in, to see if there was a more PVE-friendly way to earn tickets. As a result of this, I have been doing one town quest a day in a low population map at off peak times for the whole event...and I have yet to see an enemy player. Even when real life events have meant I've had to log in during prime time - still no enemy players.

Max tickets - no actual PvP.

My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, so many personal attacks for what amounts to my personal opinion on something. Classy posters y'all got here, ZOS.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have zero interest in PvP, it's laggy and not fun at all.. and it really sucks that I'm missing out on a full stack of event tickets due to midyear mayhem. Y'all really need to intro a PvE aspect to this event.

Pretty selfish. Some people don't PvE. So it's good to have this event. Also there are a lot more PvE events than PvP. I might as well complain I don't get to play as much as other people, so ZOS needs to cater for us gamers who don't get as much time on the game.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s really easy. Do a scout mission.

You don’t need to be Yolo Swag PVP try hard to get tickets.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps passing judgement on PVP during an event is unfair, it isn't normal game time.You can't expect an environment to be sized for a population that exists for 4 weeks out of 52. I've always been PVE but decided to build a character for the event and I've enjoyed it immennsely. OK I've been zapped a lot but that's de riguer for a noob in a harsh environment. I've really enjoyed the battlegrounds, even occasionaly been on the winning team. I'd like to see more PVP events not less
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

Didnt see any pvp players whining about previous events..
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just adding another voice to those saying you could get tickets during this event by purely playing PvE in Cyordiil.

I went into the below level 50 campaign (because I'd heard it was the emptiest one) and each day I picked up either a scouting quest or, if that required going further than I felt like travelling (especially if it was too far into enemy territory) I went to the nearest town and did one of the daily quests there.

I did that on 10 different days and I got killed by another player once (when the town was under enemy control and we literally ran into each other). I think I only saw an enemy players 5 times and all the rest were far enough away that they were easy to avoid...or maybe they were PvE players just trying to get their daily done as well.

And if even that is too much like playing PvP there's always the option of getting tickets from other events. It's been possible to earn more than 10 tickets in each event so far and there's no reason to think future events will be any different.

(Or for an absolute last resort you'll be able to buy them from the crown store soon. Probably at an extortionate price, but if you really want an indrik and you're short of tickets it's probably better than nothing.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Town quests. They are really simple, and you are in and out in 10 minutes or less.

You don't have to PvP at all. I'm a PvE person, and didn't have any problems with this event. Also, I went to a quiet, no-CP campaign in the off hours.

I thought the same as you, until I actually gave it a go and realized how painless it was. Maybe in July when they have the next Midyear Mayhem you'll consider it.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • BlondyIronBlood
    I hate doing PvP 'cause it gives me major anxiety, I just go to Chorrol literally every single day during this event, kill some things, then get the tickets and leave, it's super painless and causes next to no anxiety, I seriously recommend it :3
    My goal in this game is to get Contraband Violet, what a sick colour
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy PVP but if I have no time to play ESO & just want to get the daily tickets fast, I do what most people have already posted... go to a town (I use Cheydinhal) & do one PVE quest & then logout leaving the character in the town so I can quickly repeat it the next day. (as long as the campaign player cap doesn't kick you out).

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvEers need to stop crying about PvP events, and vice versa. Either/or takes literally 5 minutes of your time. The incredibly, enormously valuable time that you are using (squandering) sitting on your arse engaging in a leisure activity.

Damn, be adults. Sack up and quit whining.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vivisectvib16_ESO I'm sorry there have been a few snarky/insulting comments to your original post, but most of the comments I see here have actually been trying to be helpful in describing easy ways to get those tix while avoiding actual PvP. And, as you can see, most posters do not begrudge our PvP brethren just this one event that is primarily about them.

@Mr_Walker I only see one post in this entire thread of 50 posts that could be construed as crying about PvP events. Almost every comment here is supportive of the event and offering constructive suggestions to the OP. It seems clear to me that most players are fine with this event as far as its nature and flexible options it provides to earn tix.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    This ticket system is the worst thing zos has introduced

Right
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to battleground guy.

Queue for battlegrounds.

Do this 5 times.

Profit.

Oh you literally hate me do you? Seek help
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every other event for tickets has been pve, forcing people who do pvp to do pve content every day for tickets.
    If you get in on a lesser-populated campaign and just go do a town quest, it's over in like 10 minutes.

do NOT do town quests. I'm not even kidding, town quests are prime ganking grounds.

scouting missions are your best bet as pve player, if you would rather avoid any and all pvp.
    I did 1-3 PVE town quests every day during this event. I didn't get ganked once, and I only had to fight an enemy player one time while doing them (it wasn't a gank attempt by either of us - we were both doing town quests, we saw each other and fought).

Of course, I also did a bunch of PVP during the event, so I did end up doing a lot more PVP than I usually do, but my experience with doing PVE town quests was almost entirely PVP-free. Hell, there were a couple of occasions when I had to ride right up into the faces of enemy players and give them a couple of light attacks before they got the hint and killed me so that I didn't have to ride a long way back to a keep.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Routines, the comfortable patterns that human instinct gravitates towards, kill the $#@&+!? soul. Get out there and try some PvP.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to battleground guy.

Queue for battlegrounds.

Do this 5 times.

Profit.

Oh you literally hate me do you? Seek help

says the person advocating that people waste other human's time, all the while getting carried through DLC dungeons and claiming that its totally fine just becasue they got carried. and I'm the one who needs to seek help? ok then.
    Edited by Linaleah on January 21, 2019 3:55PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to battleground guy.

Queue for battlegrounds.

Do this 5 times.

Profit.

Perfect example why we do need vote kick in BGs.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most event tickets are tied to PvE.

Get. Over. It.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    During the event I guested into a low pop server, rode to the closest Town, did their 5 min quest, and rode out. Easy as that. Ended up with a berry and two more feathers.

I enjoy PvP so I guested back into a more populated server but for non-PvPers the Town quests were the easiest ways of getting the tickets.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Every other event for tickets has been pve, forcing people who do pvp to do pve content every day for tickets.
    If you get in on a lesser-populated campaign and just go do a town quest, it's over in like 10 minutes.

do NOT do town quests. I'm not even kidding, town quests are prime ganking grounds.

scouting missions are your best bet as pve player, if you would rather avoid any and all pvp.
    I did 1-3 PVE town quests every day during this event. I didn't get ganked once, and I only had to fight an enemy player one time while doing them (it wasn't a gank attempt by either of us - we were both doing town quests, we saw each other and fought).

Of course, I also did a bunch of PVP during the event, so I did end up doing a lot more PVP than I usually do, but my experience with doing PVE town quests was almost entirely PVP-free. Hell, there were a couple of occasions when I had to ride right up into the faces of enemy players and give them a couple of light attacks before they got the hint and killed me so that I didn't have to ride a long way back to a keep.

hmmm... maybe gankers got it out of their system early on in the event? or just my luck that I ran into some "nice" folks.

I didn't have a good time going anywhere near towns, but scouting missions worked very well for me, on days when I didn't feel like battlegrounds, i got killed... once? on my way to a scouting location and that's mainly because I came too close to an enemy held location. was able to skirt around and avoid any further contact.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE player here who actually loved the event.
    Yes its easy to do the scouting quest and if you keep an eye on your surroundings there's no way in hell you will get ganked.
    That said I got into the spirit and actually enjoyed the PvP, don't take it too seriously and just follow instructions and you will be fine.
    Don't skimp on the siege weapons or you will be standing around like a lemon whilst everyone else does the work and chucking burning arrows at a group of players is way to much fun to pass up.

Be safe