The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-Ons (Mods) are what make it really feel like an Elder Scrolls game.

EphemeraCrawford
EphemeraCrawford
✭✭✭✭
I love being able to customize my gameplay with mods. I run different ones for many characters. Like my combat DK does not need to have Essential Housing Tools enabled, but my laid-back Khajiit does to decorate Sleek Creek. My crafting and gathering characters swear by HarvestMap. And the mini-map is kinda game changing.

This one thanks all the Add-On creators.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The that gets me is the mini-map. There is one in the game but they did not build access to it so it takes a addon on to use it. Why?

Love that Votan has given us his addon to use the mini-map but should not have been necessary.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, to a point, but I think it also allows the devs to ignore problems they should address themselves instead of farming it out to the players. Bethsoft is the worst about that. It's one thing about the mainline series I could do without.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use add-ons in the single player TES games and I don't use them in ESO, which feels very much like a TES game to me!
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately ZOS are going to carry on ignoring problems that they should be responsible for, whether or not we use addons. I just feel sorry for all the console players who don’t have access to them.

Maybe if ZOS introduced some of the more sought after aspects that people have been requesting for so long.....like a proper minimap for example.......we wouldn’t end up downloading so many other less necessary addons.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't use add-ons in the single player TES games ...

Only half joking: You're playing them wrong! :D