The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nirn, Sharp or infused for a destro staff on a magicka NB?

Abstraqt
Abstraqt
✭✭✭
Haven't played since September and was just wondering if anything has changed with regards to traits for destro staffs, I feel like nirn is still best because now healing on a ranged nb is much harder the extra bonus to swallow soul heals from nirn could be useful?

I currently use a nirn staff with an increase spell DMG glyph on it, I heard people saying that shock glyphs equate to more overall damage?

Just wondering If anyone else has any opinion on it?

Best Answers

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused damage is a lot better than the change in tooltip for nirn. If you want healing, infused restore health. Sustain, restore magicka or stam. Outright damage? Oblivion/shock.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Answer ✓
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Infused damage is a lot better than the change in tooltip for nirn. If you want healing, infused restore health. Sustain, restore magicka or stam. Outright damage? Oblivion/shock.
    I want to maximize healing whilst still keeping damage
    miP7abW.gif
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 21, 2019 8:09PM
    Answer ✓
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play in pve infused on both bars is bis because now glyphs continue to proc even after bar swap.
    In pvp go infused only if you have a build that relies on glyph procs. Otherwise nirnhoned is better damage. Use nirn with poisons as well. Sharpened is also good since shields were nerfed and penetration can now affect them.
    I think that people say that shock glyph equate to more overall dmg due to the vulnerability debuff and not to the shock damage itself.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But if you infuse damage on 1 bar, it still doesn't stack on the 2nd bar does it?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but you run separate enchants.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭

So infused drain health enchant will heal better than the increase in spell damage from nirn? I'm talking specifically about having swallow soul on my front bar, I want to maximize healing whilst still keeping damage
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it depends on armor type, if I'm in heavy I like sharp with ele drain, if I'm light I like infused or nirn. That missing pen in heavy almost need sharp imo