The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your PVP Main and his/her race

HowlKimchi
HowlKimchi
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi guys. First of all, let me preface this by saying that i like the proposed changes to racial passives. I would like to gain some insight on what your plans are with your pvp main's race. Will you be changing your race? If yes, from which race into what, and why? If not, what is the race and why are you not changing? Would also be nice if you were to mention you class.

As for my dunmer magblade, I will probably do a race change, but I am unsure if i will change into breton, altmer, or khajit.
Edited by HowlKimchi on January 19, 2019 7:32AM
previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi

Your PVP Main and his/her race 163 votes

Yes, I will be doing a race change
17%
SolarikengresiacWillhelmBlackDatolitekickback120ub17_ESOclocksstoppeFeannagNirnStormThe_ShadowbornMayraelHowlKimchiAsh_In_My_SujammaMinnoWeesacsTheRealSnikerChunkyCatAdenomaJimmy_The_Fixersusniandgepe87 28 votes
No, I will not do a race change
82%
SirAndyKikazarujosh.lackey_ESOVecroRedTalonSoldier224YulsTryxusIruil_ESOSvidrirTurelusElara_NorthwindJitterbugKnootewootSodanTokdanno8ShareewalkerjonesLoralai_907technohic 135 votes
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Staying Breton on my Magplar
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of now, no. I main an orc stamplar and it’s just way too damn early to say yes or no. In fact, no one can say for certain whether they will race change for sure since we don’t know what changes the next few weeks will bring for racial balance not to mention other balance changes.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    As of now, no. I main an orc stamplar and it’s just way too damn early to say yes or no. In fact, no one can say for certain whether they will race change for sure since we don’t know what changes the next few weeks will bring for racial balance not to mention other balance changes.

That's true, but unless there are massive balance changes for hybrids, Dunmers are probably out

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

That's true, but unless there are massive balance changes for hybrids, Dunmers are probably out

Sure but you’re just making an assumption. There’s so many of these threads and it’s just like why? This is pre-pts, and I have a feeling ZOS will be more open to adjustments here than in the past. I could be wrong. If you’re a mag dk I understnad why you’re angry. Heck I’ve got a 39k stamina orc stamplar and you know my PoL is gonna take a huge hit if changes stay as they are. That percentage was a huge boost for me.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 19, 2019 6:46AM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure but you’re just making an assumption. There’s so many of these threads and it’s just like why? This is pre-pts, and I have a feeling ZOS will be more open to adjustments here than in the past. I could be wrong. If you’re a mag dk I understnad why you’re angry. Heck I’ve got a 39k stamina orc stamplar and you know my PoL is gonna take a huge hit if changes stay as they are. That percentage was a huge boost for me.

I am not actually angry and this is not an anti-racial passives change thread. I merely wanted a discussion on the effect of these racial passives to people's main in pvp. Zenimax themselves posted these proposed changes on their forum, what's wrong with having discussions about it in said forum? Adjustments will come because of said discussions.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on January 19, 2019 6:50AM

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not actually angry and this is not an anti-racial passives change thread. I merely wanted a discussion on the effect of these racial passives to people's main in pvp. Zenimax themselves posted these proposed changes on their forum, what's wrong with having discussions about it in said forum? Adjustments will come because of said discussions.

Nothing wrong, I’m just saying, at least wait for the first PTS. See what else is brewing first, nothings gonna change before Tuesday or whatever. There’s a million threads like this already.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong, I’m just saying, at least wait for the first PTS. See what else is brewing first, nothings gonna change before Tuesday or whatever. There’s a million threads like this already.

I'm glad that you understand that there is nothing wrong with this kind of discussion, after all, racial changes were announced early solely for the purpose of discussion. Glossing over the PVP Combat and Skills sub-section, I dont see any thread that mainly focuses on this topic. If there are already too many threads about this for you and you are tired of 'em, them perhaps simply do not participate in the threads.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on January 19, 2019 7:01AM

• Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a Dunmer Magplar and it wouldn't matter if Dunmer became the worst race in the game. Its my main and she is set in stone till i leave ESO.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    I main a Dunmer Magplar and it wouldn't matter if Dunmer became the worst race in the game. Its my main and she is set in stone till i leave ESO.

It's true, i really love Dunmer aesthetic. Altmers are too tall, and Bretons are too human (boring) for me. That's actually part of the reason why I'm having a hard time deciding...

I wish Dunmers retained their niche of doing better flame damage instead of a health bonus. destro light attacks go a looong way in pvp

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe you should peruse a few of these other threads. Hope this makes you feel better for now.
    Tawniey wrote: »
    richo262 wrote: »
    The most common race, for obvious reasons was the Dunmer. The Dunmer was required, with the extra Flame damage, in order to make the MagDK hit at a reasonable level.
    If MagDK gets a buff, then all Dunmer MagDK's will just become Altmer MagDK's.
    What was once a pretty balanced debate between Altmer / Dunmer as BIS for mag has gone, the winner is clearly Altmer by a mile, for essentially all MagDPS now.
    Dunmer just seems lost now, the perfect synergy between Dunmer and the underperforming MagDK is gone.

On today's episode of "Why You're Over-Reacting to the Racial Changes":

The new spell damage buff outperforms the old 7% flame damage buff.

Look, I play a Dunmer magdk. I play two of them, actually. Full on Sun and Burning Spellweave and Skoria, all that jazz. Right now, people are fear-mongering because they don't understand the math behind the %->flat changes and what it means for their build. They're scared because they see classes with build diversity potential in their passives and think the new intended racial meta is a nonviable hybrid build. It's just not the case.

Since you like Flame Lash so much, take a look at these two skill tooltips:
    df2082cfc4.png

514995718a.png

I won't ask you to guess which is showing the old and which is showing the new dunmer passives, because you'd likely get it wrong. Instead I'll just repeat myself: The new passive outperforms the old one.

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe you should peruse a few of these other threads. Hope this makes you feel better for now.
    Tawniey wrote: »
    The most common race, for obvious reasons was the Dunmer. The Dunmer was required, with the extra Flame damage, in order to make the MagDK hit at a reasonable level.
    If MagDK gets a buff, then all Dunmer MagDK's will just become Altmer MagDK's.
    What was once a pretty balanced debate between Altmer / Dunmer as BIS for mag has gone, the winner is clearly Altmer by a mile, for essentially all MagDPS now.
    Dunmer just seems lost now, the perfect synergy between Dunmer and the underperforming MagDK is gone.

On today's episode of "Why You're Over-Reacting to the Racial Changes":

The new spell damage buff outperforms the old 7% flame damage buff.

Look, I play a Dunmer magdk. I play two of them, actually. Full on Sun and Burning Spellweave and Skoria, all that jazz. Right now, people are fear-mongering because they don't understand the math behind the %->flat changes and what it means for their build. They're scared because they see classes with build diversity potential in their passives and think the new intended racial meta is a nonviable hybrid build. It's just not the case.

Since you like Flame Lash so much, take a look at these two skill tooltips:
    df2082cfc4.png

514995718a.png

I won't ask you to guess which is showing the old and which is showing the new dunmer passives, because you'd likely get it wrong. Instead I'll just repeat myself: The new passive outperforms the old one.

First of all, I am not a magdk, and the spell damage you are quoting there is exactly the same for altmers, except they are more specialized for magicka, with better sustain and larger bonuses.

And please, this isn't a dunmer thread! :)

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changed my original main from Nord to Redguard when they first offered the change (Nord Stam DK since beginning of the game)

Its possible i would change it back, but i'm not certain.

I do know that i will probably change one of my toons to Nord at some point, I may change my Magicka DK race as well..i've not decided yet...Dumner is pretty good but khajiit might be good as well next patch.
  • Vecro
    Vecro
    ✭✭
    Keeping my Bosmer MagDk.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am gonna not gonna spend that much money to change all my 15 chars since I PvP with every single one of them :lol:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All my pvp builds are hybrid and definitely not meta. They will all see a buff one way or another with the changes. Even if they don't, I'm still not changing. Just like how I never changed my healers/tanks in the past patches to an ugly scaled beast because they are better, I won't be making changes based on the meta in the future.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would based on the info we have, but I’m not sure that those changes will go live. Basically, I would now, but it’s premature to do so.

I’ll probably continue to main my current until necromancer comes out and then I’ll play that class as a main for something new.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Magden remains a proud Breton :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a khajiit stamblade and I won't be changing race. I have a Breton magplar and I won't be changing that either
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No I won't. I didn't pick my race(s) because of stats. I chose my race because of lore and RP.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing an orc stamsorc and plan on changing now, but I will see if they make any changes to the races again first.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main will not at this point. My other characters I pvp with, at least 2 out of the 4
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to those who choose their race based on lore/RP/aesthetic.

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how the situation is looking right now with dunmer, I might be forced to reroll my MagDK and my MagBlade, but keep in mind those are preliminary patch notes and not 100% final, so dont lose your mind just because of a few paragraphs of text.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have a main anymore. Play whatever I feel like.

I’m only thinking about changing the race of my stamplar to wood elf.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My current vet PVP character is a Dark Elf Magblade. Because my magblade has no fire based class skills, I think the changes might even be a plus. I will find out later.

Dark Elf

Dynamic: Increases your Max Stamina and Magicka by 1250.
    Resist Flame: Increases your Max Health by 600 and your Flame Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Burning status effect.
    Destructive Ancestry: Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Bosmer speed buff is going to make my Stam sorc mighty strong.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m gonna test things, then see if I want to change. My main is a Breton MagSorc for PvP. I think Sorcerer’s Main problem is sustain and 7% cost reduction/100 mag recovery will be very nice. We will see what happens when it’s the final week of PTS; things are still subject to change.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had my argonian nightblade since early access so im not changing now
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keeping my Stamblade Orc, althought Khajiit seems like a good choice for a race on which i could swap from stam to mag and back to mix things up once in a while.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll change probably, Breton sustain looks OP for me, I'll be able to drop mag recovery glyph for infused stam one ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge