The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Adapt to the race changes and quit complaining - changes are always going to happen

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you chose your race based on their racial bonuses - a subject that's about to change as often as all other class/race/balance-related aspects in the game - it's solely your fault and not ZOS if you're getting stronger or weaker just depending on that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the way how this has been approached - reduced price on race changes tokens several hours before they announced the race changes seems like a very shoddy business practice of generating cash - but you knew it was coming and it's totally in ZOS regard to do so. Usually I don't defend ZOS but this time I have to. You get one free race change which they did not have to offer at all. Stop asking for unlimited race changes or one race change per character or whatsoever - that's just a ridiculous request.

All of the whining, crying and complaining because your race might be 1% or 2% weaker after the patch is absurd. And even if your Dunmer - you just picked because of additional fire damage - or your Khajiit - you just picked because of additional stealth damage - is 5% or 10% weaker after the patch: it does not matter at all. If you chose the race just because of those reasons, to be the best, chase the meta or have max stats, it's your fault that you're weaker now. It was very obvious that the most generic / common race / class / stat combos will be weaker now.

And you know what? The race changes apply to everyone so everyone will be weaker at the same time and you basically lose nothing. In the end the changes are not even final yet so race combos that are still parsing too good in comparison (Magicka Altmer for example) might get slightly reduced to bring them all closer together.

TL;DR:

Adapt to the changes, stop whining. Race changes apply to everybody so if your generic / meta race combo gets weaker everyone else's gets weaker too and in the end nothing changes. If you based your race decision on something as volatile as racial bonuses, that was inevitably about to change in the future, it's your fault if you don't like your race combo anymore.

If you're always chasing the meta you'll never be satisfied and always be disappointed because of any changes that will be made.
Edited by Seraphayel on January 19, 2019 2:44AM
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M9rSmYK.jpg
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will b***h and moan and YOU CAN'T STOP ME
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jl8oUhN.jpg
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another post complaining about people complaining...brilliant.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another post complaining about people giving feedback. Just take what is given. No discussions allowed.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Another post complaining about people giving feedback. Just take what is given. No discussions allowed.

Most people are sheep, few are the wolves
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »

Calm down there, war child.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the evening (for me) posts on the forum... I'll have to buy stock in Orville Redenbacher and Morton salt. :D
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on January 19, 2019 2:58AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please close this topic
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Please close this topic

No... the party is just begining..
    S2wHIEU.gif
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    If you chose your race based on their racial bonuses - a subject that's about to change as often as all other class/race/balance-related aspects in the game - it's solely your fault and not ZOS if you're getting stronger or weaker just depending on that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the way how this has been approached - reduced price on race changes tokens several hours before they announced the race changes seems like a very shoddy business practice of generating cash - but you knew it was coming and it's totally in ZOS regard to do so. Usually I don't defend ZOS but this time I have to. You get one free race change which they did not have to offer at all. Stop asking for unlimited race changes or one race change per character or whatsoever - that's just a ridiculous request.

All of the whining, crying and complaining because your race might be 1% or 2% weaker after the patch is absurd. And even if your Dunmer - you just picked because of additional fire damage - or your Khajiit - you just picked because of additional stealth damage - is 5% or 10% weaker after the patch: it does not matter at all. If you chose the race just because of those reasons, to be the best, chase the meta or have max stats, it's your fault that you're weaker now. It was very obvious that the most generic / common race / class / stat combos will be weaker now.

And you know what? The race changes apply to everyone so everyone will be weaker at the same time and you basically lose nothing. In the end the changes are not even final yet so race combos that are still parsing too good in comparison (Magicka Altmer for example) might get slightly reduced to bring them all closer together.

TL;DR:

Adapt to the changes, stop whining. Race changes apply to everybody so if your generic / meta race combo gets weaker everyone else's gets weaker too and in the end nothing changes. If you based your race decision on something as volatile as racial bonuses, that was inevitably about to change in the future, it's your fault if you don't like your race combo anymore.

If you're always chasing the meta you'll never be satisfied and always be disappointed because of any changes that will be made.

Most Meta chasers don't complain; they adapt.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TL;DR:

Yeah they're adapting when their meta overlord has calculated what's best for them. Maybe 1% of the meta chasers are able to come up with the "best meta" on their own. That's why chasing the meta usually doesn't matter because, as I said, everybody is weaker / stronger after the racial changes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all my fault! :p
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »

Even fewer are the rational human beings who positively use their higher intellect.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes stop complaining
    They are giving for FREE more than 10 million token at about 30$ each that is
    300 millions dollars worth of free stuff
    It seem pretty generous to me when they werent even forced to do it
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting real tired of these wannabe shills and their threads telling me what to do or how to feel.

I'll stop voicing my concerns and using my consumer power when Zenimax stops making dumb as hell business decisions.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, even then I won't stop. YOLO.

giphy.gif
    PC-NA Goat
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Didn’t they already take a post down for this?

Thanks for sharing your nonsensical, opinionated garbage for all of us to read. Complaining about complainers... real productive....
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes stop complaining

Uh.... digital fluff is just.... pixels. It's not real dollars son, unless everyone actually BUYS it.

I don't see that happening. For any number of reasons.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KGXqsRn.jpg
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TL;DR:

Yeah they're adapting when their meta overlord has calculated what's best for them. Maybe 1% of the meta chasers are able to come up with the "best meta" on their own. That's why chasing the meta usually doesn't matter because, as I said, everybody is weaker / stronger after the racial changes.

Your assumptions are mixed with some bitterness. It is a game after all, people can play it as sweaty or as casual as they want. Your finger pointing and "Ah ha! I told you so!" attitude isn't going to change that.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TL;DR:

Ya dont worry non competitive players, just keep telling competitive players to shut the *** up. Im sure everyone will listen..

But why dont you tell me why one race change per character is a "ridiculous request". Im curious some of you keep acting like its such an insane request.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »

TL;DR:

Ya dont worry non competitive players, just keep telling competitive players to shut the *** up. Im sure everyone will listen..

But why dont you tell me why one race change per character is a "ridiculous request". Im curious some of you keep acting like its such an insane request.

They don't have to offer ANY race changes at all. Racial bonuses are not set in stone and they're things about to change. They were changed in the past and they will be changed in the future, there's absolutely no deal about that.

And as I said, it doesn't matter if you're a competitive player or not. The differences are such low percentages that the outcome won't be very much different to what we have now and - as I already said - all competitive players are struck by the changes hence why the changes don't matter for competitive nor casual players.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes stop complaining

It's a digital item, it doesn't run out and it doesn't cost them anything extra to produce more of the same token once it's been coded. It's not limited time, it's not even any pixels or anything like a limited time outfit or house that they sell.
  • rptrainer
    rptrainer
    ✭✭
    After reading the racial changes, i said eh, I won't abandon the game just because of changes. Even if they say, Argonians are heavily nerfed. I'll still be the lonely lizard who sits in Hircine's shrine. Just adapt, It's just a game.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TL;DR:

Nice generalisation there.

I dislike these changes. However, I don't chase meta*, and I selected the race for each of my characters for RP reasons. They are all Dunmer. Because I didn't select their race for numerical reasons I have no interest in changing their race using the free race-change token. Or with other tokens purchased through the crown store.

What then?

Am I still not allowed to be unhappy or voice that unhappiness when my characters become more difficult to play?

(* in fact my arguments against competitive content turn up on the forum fairly often.)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about you stop your complaining?

And I'll continue with my feedback, thanks.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gronk wrote: »

Watched for three straight minutes before seeing it was a 10 hour loop. 😂