Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I send another customer support ticket?

BossXV
BossXV
✭✭✭✭
Its been 6 days so far, I'm not sure what to do or what to expect

EDIT Just to emphasize I'm not trying to attack ZOS, I can't imagine handling so many request if I were them, I just wonder cause I've hardly dealt with this and the Oracle Google somehow didn't seem to produce good answers

Day 6
Edited by BossXV on January 22, 2019 5:53PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 days till a month... just keep bugging them.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if they are different on each platform, my Xbox request was answered within 24 hours.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, once you get the first email response, respond to that. That first email is usually response from a robot. Which begs the question, why does it take so long for the robo response?

Anyway, keep responding to that until a human gets ahold of it.
    Edited by Nestor on January 18, 2019 7:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    4 days till a month... just keep bugging them.

Gasp! :'(
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard spamming forums about how long it takes for a response works ;)
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Also, once you get the first email response, respond to that. That first email is usually response from a robot. Which begs the question, why does it take so long for the robo response?

Anyway, keep responding to that until a human gets ahold of it.

Maybe there's some underpaid intern whose job it is to act like a robot
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine have always been less than two days.

Log into the support page website and check your tickets to see if there is any issues.
    You can comment on them there to update them, just don't open new tickets as it out you back to the end of the queue.

If you're still not having any luck post your ticket number here and maybe someone at ZOS can look at it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    I heard spamming forums about how long it takes for a response works ;)

Oh boy! Sounds like I'm right on track :smiley:
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My answers took 24-48 hours, so that's a normal time as far as I know for a customer support service.

At least I appreciate that they answer in my own language (German).
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well actually depends on time of request or question. Still I think it's a messy system with lots of room for improvement.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends no doubt on what the ticket is about and whether it's a real issue or simply something that might more properly be dealt with by an ingame bug report, for example. In other words, they may prioritise some things. They will doubtless deal with the report of a serious RL threat from another player rather more urgently than someone reporting that they accidentally deconstructed an item worth a few hundred gold and demanding that it be reinstated (yet it will be the latter player who complains on the forum about how useless Support are).

The only tips I'd give are to accept that the first response is likely to be automated and irrelevant, so reply to it and get to deal with a human. Also, resist the temptation to submit multiple tickets as each ticket will put you to the back of the queue. Above all, politely ask for assistance rather than rudely demanding satisfaction.

Depending on the issue, you could also describe it here as other players may have encountered it themselves and be able to give you quicker advice.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    It's not a big deal, only been a couple of days, how long do response times usually take

If the response takes less than 120 hours it is better than other MMOs I have played. Most other games take anywhere from 48-96 hours before you get a reply back from customer service. Normally the reply back requires additional information that you may have already provided in the initial request. Than it is another 48-96 hours before you hear back again. A minimum from my experience with other games it is around 96 hours to get an issue resolved. I have played a game where one issue not got resolved and it was over a year where my ticket was still outstanding. Game took my money but did not resolve the issue of giving me the in game currency.

I have yet to need to submit a ticket with ESO; but I know others who have and those that have, said nothing but good things about ESO support.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on January 18, 2019 8:00PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was 4 days from start to finish for my last one.
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump (ahead of dupe)
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    The time I needed to contact them everything was complete within 4 hours of sending a message.

I find sending support tickets IN GAME to be the best/fastest option
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 Day for me last time. Can´t complain.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine have been within a day to an hour. I think it depends on what day of the week and the intricacy of the issue.
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been about 4 days, I'm just getting a little concerned it could be forgotten? Or fallen on the back burner am I suppose to update the ticket within 4 days or something, it said something like that
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last support ticket took about 3 days, but it was a non-urgent request.

As other people have said you'll get an automated reply first and you need to respond to that or they'll assume the problem has sorted itself out. If you get another automated reply or a generic reply from a real person do the same - keep responding to let them know the problem is still on-going.

And of course if they ask for any information or ask you to try anything and let them know if it worked, even if it's something utterly pointless which obviously won't achieve anything like disabling your addons and trying again, do it and let them know exactly what happened. It might not solve the problem but it might give them more information about what's going wrong so they can fix it. (And again if you don't respond they'll assume it's fixed.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    My last support ticket took about 3 days, but it was a non-urgent request.

As other people have said you'll get an automated reply first and you need to respond to that or they'll assume the problem has sorted itself out. If you get another automated reply or a generic reply from a real person do the same - keep responding to let them know the problem is still on-going.

And of course if they ask for any information or ask you to try anything and let them know if it worked, even if it's something utterly pointless which obviously won't achieve anything like disabling your addons and trying again, do it and let them know exactly what happened. It might not solve the problem but it might give them more information about what's going wrong so they can fix it. (And again if you don't respond they'll assume it's fixed.)

Thanks for clarifying
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    took me 2-3 months to get an answer on a real issue. be patient
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people seem to say 3-4 days top, it's been 6, should I send another ticket?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get a response within a day or two. A solution on the other hand... Havent seen one of those yet.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:'(
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    qaJy6ql.jpg
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 hours M-F and First Business day on the weekends, so Monday. Anything placed on Friday after 1700 will not get a response until Monday.

All tickets I have ever opened, which is about 6 have been responded to within 24 hours. This is standard for Corporate/large company tech support.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    24 hours M-F and First Business day on the weekends, so Monday. Anything placed on Friday after 1700 will not get a response until Monday.

All tickets I have ever opened, which is about 6 have been responded to within 24 hours. This is standard for Corporate/large company tech support.

I guess it's been 4 bussines days and 2 week end days
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it's been 4 business days and 2 week end days

Sorry to hear about the slow response. I hope they get to you soon. If I were you I would reply to the automated email you received and ask for an update on the ticket and see if you get a response.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess it's been 4 business days and 2 week end days

Sorry to hear about the slow response. I hope they get to you soon. If I were you I would reply to the automated email you received and ask for an update on the ticket and see if you get a response.

Thanks, I will update it, I just don't want to bug them either, so I guess that's why I'm asking here
    Edited by BossXV on January 22, 2019 6:05PM