The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should they just get rid of all combat bonus for race passives? Here is my idea for they go about it

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Here is what they should do with them, might bring balance and also make it so races do not matter for builds. So people can have freedom of choose of what they want to play instead of being forced into a meta. They program the racial traits to be where there would only be one racial passive that can't be ungraded it gives some benefits like increased exp and other non combat traits along with lore friendly resistances.

Here is how they would look without combat passives and just a one or two percent regen increase's with some races. Along with a few tweaks I added. Like the Imperial gold bonus being 5 percent instead of 1 percent. Why I reduced the lava reduction from 50 to 25 percent is because I don't think dunmer even with their fire resist can withstand lava as much as any other race as they are just not immune to fire damage and I think lava would bypass fire Resistance do to its temperature. As for the Bosmer I think the run speed would be better then the fall damage reduction which should have been something they should add to the khajiit. Run speed might be a better passive then the fall reduction so that is the reason why I changed it.

Basically these changes would remove all combat advantage damage, for sneak builds or regular damage either magicka or stamina of any kind with regen and increased health/magicka/Stamina bonuses so small they would not even be worth playing that race just to get.

Because this is an issue right now. Players are just playing races for either a certain passive mostly combat or sneak bonus and regen. Races should have flavor they have lorewise but they don't need any passives that force players into a meta and takes away the freedom of playing the race they want as I said above. So I'm repeating myself here. I think it would be the best idea really and the most logical if they were to make the following changes I'm suggesting.

Bosmer Trait Increases experience gain with the Bow Skill line by 15% Running speed increased by Ten percent. Poison and Disease Resistance by 495, Take less damage to the poisoned and diseased status effects.

Altmer Trait - Increases your experience gain with the Destruction Staff Skill line by 15%. Increases your experience gain by 1% Increased Magicka Recovery By 2 percent.

Dunmer Trait- Increases the experience gain with the Dual Wield Skill line by 15%. Reduces your damage taken by environmental lava by 25%. Flame Resistance by 693, take less damage to the burning status effect.

Orc Trait- Increases experience gain with the Heavy Armor Skill line by 15% Increases your crafting Inspiration gained by 10%. Reduces Sprint cost by 4% and increases Sprint speed by 3%

Khajiit Trait- Increases the experience gain with the Medium Armor Skill line by 15%. Increases your chance to successfully pickpocket by 5%. Increases your Health Recovery by 1%
Increases Stamina Recovery by 2%.

Argonian Trait-Increases experience gain with the Restoration Staff Skill line by 15% Increases your swimming speed by 50% Poison and Disease Resistance by 495. Gain Immunity to the poisoned status effect reduced damage from the diseased status effect.

Redguard Trait -Increases experience gain with One-Handed and Shield Skill line by 15% Increases the duration of eaten food by 15 minutes. Increased Max Stamina by 2 increased Stamina Recovery by 1
Nord Trait-Increases experience gain with the Two-Handed Skill line by 15% Increases the duration of any consumed drink by 15 minutes. Cold Resistance by 693, take less damage to the chilled status effect. Increases your Health Recovery by 1 percent Increases Max Health by 2 percent.

Breton Trait -Increases experience gain with the Light Armor Skill line by 15%. Increases your Alliance Points gained by 1%. Increases Spell Resistance by 1320 Increases Max Magicka by 1 percent.

Imperial- Increases experience gain with the One-Handed and Shield Line by 15% Increases your gold gained by 5%.Increases Max Health by 1 percent Increases Max Stamina by 2 percent.
Edited by Thevampirenight on January 18, 2019 1:58PM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

Should they just get rid of all combat bonus for race passives? Here is my idea for they go about it 4 votes

Yes this is what they should do.
25%
Daedric_NB_187 1 vote
No
75%
otis67FiedelstrichNairinhe 3 votes
Other
0%