The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like the frequency of constant balance changes or not?

Malem_Benign
Malem_Benign
✭✭✭
Hello,

Just curious are you happy with how frequent all these constant so-called "balance" changes made or not?

Do you like the frequency of constant balance changes or not? 87 votes

Yes, frequency and changes are ok.
33%
Donnasnowheart_ESOAcrolasotis67jluchauCyberOnEsoniawrathb16_ESOSotha_SilBouldercleaveEasily_LostMilwaukeeScottLadyHeloiseTyharShinshadowWacArnoldKram8ionYamensteinthedude33rudvilKuramas9tailsLadislao 29 votes
No, frequency and changes are not ok.
66%
bill_ESO2nexxus_ESODeathStalkerKesstrylGadamlub14_ESOAimoraphilips666_18b16_ESOAurielleAektannChirrubottleofsyrupkimaerilMicallefAmphithoeEdziuEnemy-of-ColdharbourThorvargZathrasEphemeraCrawfordbinho 58 votes
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What “constant” changes? It takes months between updates, and in far too many cases necessary changes take several months or more to hit the PTS.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could you be anymore misleading? Constantly? Not even close.

Changes are fine, did not vote as framing of question and choices are misleading
    Edited by Skwor on January 18, 2019 1:37PM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always when I see topic with frequency of balance changes I see here ZOS to compare ArenaNet with gw2

ZOS is waiting full 3 months to even fix small thing in balance whiel for bigger balances ZOS is waiting even year

ArenaNet when they introduced their last expansion - Path of Fire theya dded new subclasses which maked very big imbalance in game between them and old ones
    so what they have done? definitely they didnt wait next few months for bigger update to fix this

they was doing not big balance changes every 1-2 weeks to see how it is going to work - if small change to 1 class was not enough they was again changing this same thing to get this in better spot; if that was finally enough then was was changing another unbalanced thing in same class to make this class balacned most as was possible

and they have done their balance between 9 different cclasses with 2 subclass for each class greatly after few months with updates every 1-2 weeks and their balance again is more than great with that their good planning at which ZOS lack very much
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, changes should be reasonable and introduce something new instead of cutting off something old to give it to another. Also changes should be more dynamic, it shouldn't take years to realize what's is OP and what's is useless.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could work on the timing of the announcements, really.
    We were having so much fun with all the talks about wyverns, necromancy and lore...
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    We were having so much fun with all the talks about wyverns, necromancy and lore...

This. They've totally shot themselves in the foot with all the Elsweyr hype being drowned out by complaints about the racial passive changes.
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

This. They've totally shot themselves in the foot with all the Elsweyr hype being drowned out by complaints about the racial passive changes.

Yep, same as before releasing Murkmire.
    But, maybe it's Murkmire was the way to smooth the hate about nerfs?
    And maybe this time it's the same thing?
    In that case this should be veeeeeeery important nerfs now and before.

My IMHO: is that they really pissed off with all these changes. I think there are a lot of things to do in the game instead of constant changing stats of chars and stuff. Really, I don't want to play for necromancer, you know why? Because I will spend my time on that and after a month or two they will come and say: "Oh, necromancer should be nerfed because of balance!".
    I'm not gonna spend any cent before this racial changes will be made.
    I'll check what is it and only if I will take it as something better for all my characters I will pay for Elsweyr.

ZOS really should stop this constant toxicity.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like the frequency but combat really sucks right now on the pvp side. they need to get things working well and then let off
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    I dont like the frequency but combat really sucks right now on the pvp side. they need to get things working well and then let off

Combat always sucks on the PvP side! PvP's will continue to cry for adjustments until their favorite Race and Class wins (most of the time).

After this every PvP'er playing another Race and Class will cry for changes and adjustment Nerf until their preferred setup wins.

The only way to end this constant fiddling with combat stats is to get rid of PvP'ers. Since this is not going to happen...better get accustomed to the never ending (story) ahem...posts of PvP'ers clamoring for Combat adjustments in favor of their own preferred Class.

There is no solution to this issue as long as there are PvP players in a game.

Good luck to us all

• Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and that is why I am looking forward to seeing what Brian is going to bring to the table.

I've been around the block for MMOs. I am not new to the concepts of buffs and nerfs. But, man, what they have been doing in ESO for "balance" has left me scratching my head more than once. Murkmire, for instance, had a lot of really contentious changes in the Update. Caused me to leave for a couple of months.

So..maybe the new vision will be better, not only in concept, but implementation.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends.

If they resulted in a true balance, with no one class, race, or build having an advantage over another, they could happen every week, as far as I'm concerned, until they got it right.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 18, 2019 6:37PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Games that are well managed are constantly tweaking things. However, Zos makes major changes far to regularly and Rich made it clear why. They have not had an idea of how combat should be.

Seriously. I found it surprising that now, after almost 5 years of the game being live not to mention the development period, that Zos is just now working to determine their vision for combat in this game. One would think that would have been done much earlier, but explains why Zos has pushed the game all over the place, and often.
    Edited by idk on January 18, 2019 6:40PM
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Games that are well managed are constantly tweaking things. However, Zos makes major changes far to regularly and Rich made it clear why. They have not had an idea of how combat should be.

Seriously. I found it surprising that now, after almost 5 years of the game being live not to mention the development period, that Zos is just now working to determine their vision for combat in this game. One would think that would have been done much earlier, but explains why Zos has pushed the game all over the place, and often.

So once again they "fix" something for PVP only, but PVE suffers as always?

Two questions in that case:
    1. Do PVP players form the financial base of this project? I doubt so. PVP don't need all the DLCs to play, nor all the stuff. So..?
    2. Again and again - why not separate PVP balance from PVE balance? More of that - it's already partially done. So..?
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been frustrated by the changes ever since beta. I took a hiatus from this game for a couple years from burn out from re-doing my skills and then cp when that was introduced. I guess I sort of got used to it since I came back, but I wince every time these frequent changes are announced, and really depend on people like Alcast to keep up with how the changes effect classes and builds in order to remain viable. It is very frustrating. I shouldn't have to rely on build experts to play a game like this, but I do.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it were actual balances and not nerfs, then I wouldn't mind. However, as a company they should back their customer base up way better than they do.

They're changing all these racial passives and only giving one race change token? That's garbage and is basically giving us the finger as far as I'm concerned.

I've been around off and on since 2016 and every time they try to fix or balance something, they do entirely more harm than good.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that something constant has a frequency value of 0. Your title is incredibly biased as you imply that there are constant changes. And that's not the case.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course
    Brings life to theory crafting and I’m bored 😐
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Yes for the most part. Except latley im salty about my magblade. However it keeps things fresh getting new gear and changing playstyles. Kinda brings new life in instead of things becomming stale.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if their balance patches were logical and had a purpose. But most of the time, they just change things for the sake of changing them, and end up making balance even worse.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single 'balance' change I have seen has rendered the game less fun for me so, no, I'm not a fan of changes or futile attempts to 'balance'.

Changes to anything in the original game should have stopped after beta. Three months after Warden went live, any necessary changes to Warden should have been forever complete. Three months after Psijic Skill line was introduced, any necessary changes to that skill line should have been complete. New Necrodude class? Three months after going live, work one 'balance' change and be done. I literally hate having things that work nerfed out from under me!

The alternative is what we have: Stir things up every few months in the name of 'balance' with the only result being to aggravate players. With as many such attempts as we have seen, is the game balanced? No. Will it ever be to everyone's satisfaction? No. A stable imperfect situation is better than the constantly changing imperfect situation we have now.

Trying to balance PvP and PvE together? How many years does it take to realize how absurd this is? They are two different games. If you doubt it, simply consider how the following factors work in each environment: Heavy armor, snipe, crits, crowd control. . . .
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm all for Zos trying to finally find a way to make this game balanced but the proposed changes to dunmer are ridiculously unfair
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changes are too spread out, and when they finally do come the paradigm shifts so much that it's not unusual for people to have to completely re-kit their characters, not necessarily because they want to follow the meta and achieve good numbers, but because the core mechanics of the gear/skills/etc. themselves have changed.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love them! Keeps it fresh!

Edited by MilwaukeeScott on January 21, 2019 3:05AM
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* You forgot the "OTHER" option.

"Other": I don't really care. I'm perfectly happy to adapt.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »

Combat always sucks on the PvP side! PvP's will continue to cry for adjustments until their favorite Race and Class wins (most of the time).

After this every PvP'er playing another Race and Class will cry for changes and adjustment Nerf until their preferred setup wins.

The only way to end this constant fiddling with combat stats is to get rid of PvP'ers. Since this is not going to happen...better get accustomed to the never ending (story) ahem...posts of PvP'ers clamoring for Combat adjustments in favor of their own preferred Class.

There is no solution to this issue as long as there are PvP players in a game.

Good luck to us all

yes perfect balance is never gunna happen but its been a hell of alot better than it is now
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    changes sure, but not when they do it every 6 months to get a race token sales or a cash shop special deal.

so far bethesda has been very decieving regarding the unneeded changes, nerfs "adjustments" and content hidden behind the rule of "meta" or for me: *insert mario bros voice over* cashshop her we go! *end mario bros voice over*

bethesda is by far the only gaming company who has ever abused its core stats of each race and class to extort money from its players. not even soe blizzard or even nexon did that.

if changes that imply forcing players to spend money to be up to date in the so called meta.. its not changes its plain scamming and ripping players off
    Edited by BoneShatterer on January 21, 2019 12:26PM