The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Altmer is statiscally overpowered compared to every other race damagewise.

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Lets compare the PvE damage racial bonuses of Altmer to other similar races.

Redguard - 2000 Stam + Major Sustain bonuses
Breton - 2000 Mag + Major Sustain bonuses
Orc - 254 weapon damage + 500 Stam + Moderate sustain bonuses
Dunmer - 1250 Mag/Stam + 254 weapon/spell damage
Khajiit - 750 Mag/Stam + 8% Spell/Weap crit + Negligible sustain bonuses

We can see a pattern here that you either get a full 2000 Resource with Major sustain bonuses or other combat bonuses with lesser resources.

Then comes Altmer - 2000 Mag + 254 spell damage + Moderate sustain bonuses

From a PvE DPS point of view, it is clear that Altmer has relatively far better DPS passive than other race having both a full single resource passive as well as a full 254 weapon damage bonus. Altmer's Mag bonus needs to be dropped to 1000-1500 to be balanced with other races.
Edited by susmitds on January 18, 2019 12:39PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know the reason, this is done so you may clearly see where to switch.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed though, Magicka Altmer is very damn strong.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear I really like and agree with the new racial changes. They are not perfect but absolutly in the right direction and close.

However the High Elves and specifically Mage ones have always been their favored child and always will be. I have just come to accept and expect this. Makes things easier. I am pleasantly shocked they finally gave Breton Templars some love, we have had some of the worst years in the game imo.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way they balanced the new passives was clever and commendable. Using the so called "set value".

The problem is, a dd set can have +health and be rendered useless. Sure that 1k health is "1 set value" but its also not useful for people wanting to DD.

You see a similar thing with all the passives, while Altmers only "subtraction" is the 5% DR on a cast. Unneeded and wasted set value but a very small amount compared to say; Dunmer being completely split with maxstat and damages, and getting large flame damage resist and burning immunity. Leaving Dunmer comparatively *** for mag DD.

I like the racial changes though, hopefully a few tweaks while its on the PTR and it will be just fine.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of asking to nerf Altmer you should ask to buffs other races?

Leave Altmers alone, we already got a nerf with those flat magicka max numbers istead of %.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way they balanced the new passives was clever and commendable. Using the so called "set value".

The problem is, a dd set can have +health and be rendered useless. Sure that 1k health is "1 set value" but its also not useful for people wanting to DD.

You see a similar thing with all the passives, while Altmers only "subtraction" is the 5% DR on a cast. Unneeded and wasted set value but a very small amount compared to say; Dunmer being completely split with maxstat and damages, and getting large flame damage resist and burning immunity. Leaving Dunmer comparatively *** for mag DD.

I like the racial changes though, hopefully a few tweaks while its on the PTR and it will be just fine.

Honestly, flat resource bonuses and standardized values on racial passives has been on the horizon for years; I'd have been rather surprised if they'd taken a different approach.
    But I did really think they'd try to allow any race to fill any role adequately. I do hope they'll address this on PTS.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Khajiit - 750 Mag/Stam + 8% Spell/Weap crit + Negligible sustain bonuses
    That sustain tho
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • susmitds
      susmitds
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave Altmers alone, we already got a nerf with those flat magicka max numbers istead of %.

No, you didn't. 2000 base magicka is effected by multipliers. There was a breakdown yesterday, showing that end magicka is higher in 50% builds.

It is not logical to change 5-6 races, when you can change one to fix the balance.
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LOL you can't pretend sustain has nothing to do with damage and then starting chopping off bonuses!

An Altmer who has to do more heavy attacks or run Witchmothers instead of blue food is not really going to do more damage.
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    • susmitds
      susmitds
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LOL you can't pretend sustain has nothing to do with damage and then starting chopping off bonuses!

An Altmer who has to do more heavy attacks or run Witchmothers instead of blue food is not really going to do more damage.

Altmer gets a resource regen proc passive, which is arguably stronger than 10% magicka recovery. Closest race would be orc, which gets a very similar resource regen proc and mirror weapon damage bonus. To make up, they have only 500 stamina and are competing with Redguard and Dunmer for highest stamina DPS race.
    • grannas211
      grannas211
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Were not balancing the entire racials around you target dummy players. Theres more to the game than fighting a static computer controlled enemy.
    • Odovacar
      Odovacar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The Altmer need to feel superior and having a little extra make sense, although unfair! My Dunmer's wants to smack the **** out of my high elf sorc :D .
    • ToRelax
      ToRelax
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      grannas211 wrote: »
      Were not balancing the entire racials around you target dummy players. Theres more to the game than fighting a static computer controlled enemy.

Exactly. We should just balance them for PvP. Now nerf Altmer! :innocent:
      DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
      The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    • StormChaser3000
      StormChaser3000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      susmitds wrote: »

No, you didn't. 2000 base magicka is effected by multipliers. There was a breakdown yesterday, showing that end magicka is higher in 50% builds.

It is not logical to change 5-6 races, when you can change one to fix the balance.

Mkay, so if I have base 40k+ magicka, how do I benefit from that?

Also, there an undeniable fact, that Altmers are the cradle of civilization and are superior to other races. Smile_trollface-3.gif
    • therift
      therift
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Is this a Nerf Sorc thread?
    • CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To be fair if they’re going with lore then they’re known to be “more powerful” than the rest. If anything just bring the races more in line with them instead of just nerfing everything like argonians.

They said they’re taking a different approach but it’s clear they’re not because it’s clear winners and the same type of balancing happening.
    • DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Same thing when everyone is overpowered anyway in PvE.
    • Checkmath
      Checkmath
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To be fair if they’re going with lore then they’re known to be “more powerful” than the rest. If anything just bring the races more in line with them instead of just nerfing everything like argonians.

They said they’re taking a different approach but it’s clear they’re not because it’s clear winners and the same type of balancing happening.

If we are going lore wise, where is the weakness to magic, which altmers have?

Ability: Resist Common Disease: 75%
      Ability: Weakness to Shock: 25%
      Ability: Weakness to Frost: 25%
      Ability: Weakness to Fire: 50%
      Ability: Weakness to Magicka: 50%
      Ability: Fortify Maximum Magicka 1.5x INT (150% more Magicka)

Just remembering, what the race boni from altmers were back around 2003 in morrowind. All your super cool elves, which are strong with magic would have failed drastically in a magic fight against bretons, which were to 50% immune to enemies magic. I dont see how altmers are superior in that way to other races ;)
      Edited by Checkmath on January 18, 2019 2:37PM
    • Sotha_Sil
      Sotha_Sil
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      new racials are fine; stop complaining
      Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    • david_m_18b16_ESO
      david_m_18b16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well ESO try to be 2 thing at the same times.

A full RP MMO and a min/max game.

It just won't works. Racial always been far form beeing balanced in this game but usualy MMO's tend to rotate the best race/class/skill etc.

But for altmer they always been the go to race for at leats magicka characters. I am happy that I have re-rolled my sorc from dummer to alt when he was low level years ago.
    • MartiniDaniels
      MartiniDaniels
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Lore-wise they are attuned to elements and so are best mages, but also take up to 50% additional damage from elements. That will kill any altmer efficiency outside the dummy.
      Still no nerf needed of course, just buff dunmer and khajiit.
      SardPq4.jpg
    • MartiniDaniels
      MartiniDaniels
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Checkmath wrote: »

Just remembering, what the race boni from altmers were back around 2003 in morrowind. All your super cool elves, which are strong with magic would have failed drastically in a magic fight against bretons, which were to 50% immune to enemies magic. I dont see how altmers are superior in that way to other races ;)

Lol, you write the same while i was launching MW for a proof :D
    • Alex_Lex
      Alex_Lex
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've done some math here in the forum.
      And nope, altmer is good but worser than lots of races in total

Redguards, imperials and even bretons are better
      Edited by Alex_Lex on January 18, 2019 2:49PM
      EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
      Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
      M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
      Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
      NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
    • Checkmath
      Checkmath
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, you write the same while i was launching MW for a proof :D

Yep sorry for being faster, but opening the UESP.wiki site is probably faster than starting morrowind and create a new character ;)
    • nsmurfer
      nsmurfer
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Lore-wise they are attuned to elements and so are best mages, but also take up to 50% additional damage from elements. That will kill any altmer efficiency outside the dummy.
      Still no nerf needed of course, just buff dunmer and khajiit.
      SardPq4.jpg

Dunmer is already competing for top Stamina DPS spot. buff them and they will be highest raw damage in the game.
    • clocksstoppe
      clocksstoppe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sotha_Sil wrote: »

No they are not, altmer is broken
    • CrimsonGTX
      CrimsonGTX
      ✭✭✭
      Sotha_Sil wrote: »

Agree, people will always find a reason to complain and yell "nerf/change this"
      Sorc & Warden Main - PC NA(CP 1k+) & Xbox NA (CP 1k+)
    • CatchMeTrolling
      CatchMeTrolling
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t get why you guys are straw manning and being literal. I never said anything about them having everything they’re known for, no race in this game has that. My point was them being seen as powerful, I used quotation marks for a reason. The entire point of the thread is related to dps, which lore wise they are known for.

If we want to get into passives and backgrounds as a whole , that’s an entirely different discussion.

• gepe87
      gepe87
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Altmer racials update was well worked.
      other seems like drafts.
      Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    • StarOfElyon
      StarOfElyon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think these things still have to be tested so don't go changing your races yet.
      Edited by StarOfElyon on January 18, 2019 4:00PM