The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give the NEW racial passive changes a chance

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
Look, I was against it just like you all...I play Redguard Templar.

I thought the removal of the regen and stam % was bad.... If you are not stacking that to the max, then guess what? It's negligible.

I went on and payed 12k to remove just the racial passives...I looked at my stats and barely noticed a change in them ....

Do yourself a favor and play without the racial passives for a while...Some will realize they are now destroyed I understand...but most should see that they didn't really mean anything.

I mean 9% of stamina regen...my regen went down 200 pts...who cares...
I lost 3k stamina ...who cares....

I am playing right now without the buffs and I notice no difference...I don't sit by some damn number counter to bat away at my DPS, but the feel...in pvp and pve the same...

#NoRacialPassiveChallenge
Edited by LuxLunae on January 18, 2019 9:09AM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

I care. Enough nerfs. I dont want my chars to get weaker. I want Progression and feeling i am getting stronger not the opposite.

Would you like if someone comes and takes away your driver seat at your car and replaces it with a plastic one? You can still sit on it, no difference right? Who cares.....
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't see difference is redguard sustain, with or without passives then you simply don't use char in it's full power.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How can you be negative when playing a redguard? It got buffed. Most changes are actually fine and evens out the gaps, but some aren't, like mag Dunmer.

In the end, the only ones that will benefit from these changes are ZOS because they will sell race change tokens.
    EU PC
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed I cleared different trials HM only to realize i forgot to put in my racial passives after reseting the skills (before the new reset system)^^

They don't mean anything i even played a nord sorc even tho' they don't get passives for that playstyle who cares^^

In my opinion they could even eliminate all racial passives except for the flavor one like swim speed etc would just adapt to the situation...^^
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

I care. Enough nerfs. I dont want my chars to get weaker. I want Progression and feeling i am getting stronger not the opposite.

Would you like if someone comes and takes away your driver seat at your car and replaces it with a plastic one? You can still sit on it, no difference right? Who cares.....

Didn't I just say I didn't notice any perceived difference? You are looking at numbers, Look at the gameplay and you will see Redguard got buffed.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us are fine with changing things up, even with races. We are not fine with having to fork out ungodly amounts of money despite the fact over years we have forked out ungodly amounts of money for that same thing. Even if every person here was filthy rich, then it’s still the principal of what they are doing now and things they have done in the past that are wrong, and inconsiderate of the customer, loyal or not.

D-P
    Edited by Wuuffyy on January 18, 2019 9:20AM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed I cleared different trials HM only to realize i forgot to put in my racial passives after reseting the skills (before the new reset system)^^

They don't mean anything i even played a nord sorc even tho' they don't get passives for that playstyle who cares^^

In my opinion they could even eliminate all racial passives except for the flavor one like swim speed etc would just adapt to the situation...^^

Then you arent a min maxer and clearly play this game casualy. No end game player wouldnt care about their racial passives. Its an important part of every high tier Build.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I like those changes, I don't like that they overhaul racials and are like: pay for change or live with what we have prepared for you.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    I thought redguard got a buff
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redguard got big buffs

the cost reductions comes out to about 115 effective recovery per 2 (using just Endless Hail, Rending, and Poison Inj once per 12s rotation)

Adrenaline Rush went from 750ish to 950ish per 5
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Redguard got big buffs

the cost reductions comes out to about 115 effective recovery per 2 (using just Endless Hail, Rending, and Poison Inj once per 12s rotation)

Adrenaline Rush went from 750ish to 950ish per 5

And Adrenaline Rush will proc from direct attacks instead of melee
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I cant let this pass.

First they nerfed my main Class to the Abyss, and now they will nerf it again by transforming my main race to something totally different.
    This is not acceptable. You cant change the flavor of a class like this after 5 years. Effectively nerfing a whole class too.

I am talking Dunmer mDK. Fire damage is the reason people use Dunmers over Altmers.

These changes promote 2 races to be on top of everyone.

Altmer + Redguard

If you play at higher levels, there is no other race for the last % of dps.

And then forcing people to spend $$$ for race changes is ridiculous. a change like this should let change the race for every character for free directly after the patch before you can even log in.
    1 free race change token after this is just a kick in the balls. Salt in the wound.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on January 18, 2019 9:43AM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to give them all a go before I change anything, on paper my mDK was made useless.

I'm assuming from the get go my Dunmer mDK will be garbage, and I'm sure bias will set in on that as I brood on it over the coming weeks. However, my plan to look at this objectively is see the performance of all my character. If they are all reduced similarly, I won't care. I don't mind a reduction in DPS across the board as it might a logical step to hone back power creep.

If my Dunmer mDK is clearly failing relative to all other characters, I'll wait a month for any patch to address the problem before I race change.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I cant let this pass.

First they nerfed my main Class to the Abyss, and now they will nerf it again by transforming my main race to something totally different.
    This is not acceptable. You cant change the flavor of a class like this after 5 years. Effectively nerfing a whole class too.

I am talking Dunmer mDK. Fire damage is the reason people use Dunmers over Altmers.

These changes promote 2 races to be on top of everyone.

Altmer + Redguard

If you play at higher levels, there is no other race for the last % of dps.

IMO altmer and dunmer didnt need the change
    They were within strikingdistance of each other, one had better sustain and the other a bit more dmg. It was balanced for pve magbuilds.

Nor its pretty much altmer or nothing. And thats ja not balanced.

Underperforming races like nord needed to be buffed to become more or less on par with other races, but thats not what happened
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you arent a min maxer and clearly play this game casualy. No end game player wouldnt care about their racial passives. Its an important part of every high tier Build.
    Well he talked about HM trials who are typical causal content :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sick and tired of ZOS's constant changes to the race and skill passives.They should be concentrating on the numerous game performance issues they have created. So for those of you who have leveled up a character and tried to make it the best you could have to start all over again to adapt to the new changes. Oh don't forget they will do this again later on down the line.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took the fire out of the Dunmer.

I care.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I was against it just like you all...I play Redguard Templar.

I thought the removal of the regen and stam % was bad.... If you are not stacking that to the max, then guess what? It's negligible.

I went on and payed 12k to remove just the racial passives...I looked at my stats and barely noticed a change in them ....

Do yourself a favor and play without the racial passives for a while...Some will realize they are now destroyed I understand...but most should see that they didn't really mean anything.

I am playing right now without the buffs and I notice no difference...I don't sit by some damn number counter to bat away at my DPS, but the feel...in pvp and pve the same...

#NoRacialPassiveChallenge

I'm cool with the % change. If anything its the fact some races are still pigeon holed (imperial) and others made bland (dunmer)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am super ticked off about the Bosmer loss of stealth and I will not let it go.
    Stealth detection is ONLY useful in PvP and Bosmer is the only race that now has a PvP only racial talent. Who thought this was a good idea?
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I am super ticked off about the Bosmer loss of stealth and I will not let it go.
    Stealth detection is ONLY useful in PvP and Bosmer is the only race that now has a PvP only racial talent. Who thought this was a good idea?

Not to mention the minor speed buff that is useless, because most people who go Bosmer go stamina and use bows which have a passive that does that on roll dodge to begin with...
    Edited by Numerikuu on January 18, 2019 12:40PM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I know people like you that do the same with other subjects and dont understand that people who dislike things dont always need to give them a chance. Some if us understand the numbers and patterns that make something good or in this case, bad.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure let's homogenize all the races and classes and abilities just like WoW did and watch everyone leave the game.

I mean, it worked out so well for Blizzard.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us pro min/maxers alone. If its even 0.1% difference it matters ALOT
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Well he talked about HM trials who are typical causal content :)

If he was in a HM Trial without a thought to having maximized his racial traits then he was carried.