The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where do you think the Q4 DLC will finish up?

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
Somewhere in Skyrim maybe?

I mean come on, Story wise the last chapter and the next belong to AD areas, surely they won't do a DLC there as well. Also, they've had a story DLC (2 if you consider Clockwork as EP) and a Chapter in EP areas. Nothing in a DC area since Wrothgar.

Where do you think the Q4 DLC will land? Also, will DC ever get anything else other than Dungeon DLCs.
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think the plan was about alliances, but more so on race.,the kitty people didn’t have much love when it came to zones, now they do.

Since this whole year is going to be one story arch, might be another part of Elsweyr. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With dragons and stuff quite possibly Skyrim but maybe that’s the next chapter next year
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Well seeing as the lower half of Elsweyr is still missing, I have a feeling we will go there. That one will have more of the Tenmar Forest, Halls of Colossus, Senchal etc. I hope next year we do go to the rest of Hammerfell, but I'm not sure they would want to do another desert/savanna right after one another. Unless they can pull off another Bangkorai type zone, but Chapter size. They should wait for the 10 year anniversary of Skyrim to release it, so only 2 more years.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost certainly going to be Pellitine. The chapter is only one half of Elsweyr (Anequina). It makes sense they fill out the other half in the DLC.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 18, 2019 7:18AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will most likely be the Souther part of Elsweyr (because the Chapter named Elsweyr just covers 50% of it in reality) but be a lot smaller in game than it is in reality (or should be in game).

It could already be considered scam though, it's a very cheap move to not release all of Elsweyr when you name your Chapter "Elsweyr".
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost certainly going to be Pellitine. The chapter is only one half of Elsweyr (Anequina). It makes sense they fill out the other half in the DLC.

Doubtful, they already said it will be the size of Murkmire, which could never fill half of Elsweyr. I also think they'd go somewhere else for variety, as there surely would be complains that "it's cats again".

My bet is on an area of Cyrodiil (possibly Leyawiin / somewhere in Nibenay) to wrap up Tharn's plot to end the war, or Skyrim.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always the possibility that southern Elsweyr will physically occupy the space, but have many mountains, or preferably large swaths of jungle that is low on content, with the dlc content focused on a few areas...
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it will be a part of Cyrodiil. As, you see, Imperials. And the end of Alliance war.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the Season of the Dragons, not the Season of the Khajiit, so I don't think Q4 will have anything much to do with Elsweyr. Southern Elsweyr is far too big for a DLC, and a couple of the awkward Khajiit furstocks that ESO seem happy to avoid are said to live there.

Perhaps we will be going off-world, or at least off the map. Somewhere new, maybe somewhere that has never been mentioned before in TES. A hidden cloud kingdom, or an inaccessible mountain peak like Machu Pichu or Shangri-La, where a secret cult of dragons and dragon priests have been living in serene isolation for a very, very long time. Until this big, evil Dragon boss finds his way there and starts throwing round his weight, thus threatening to destabilise the atmosphere and destroy the whole of Nirn.

PC EU
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower part of elsweyr. Or cyrodiil
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not be surprised if the Q4 DLC leads to Hammerfel, which would then lead to a Hammerfel Chapter for 2020
    It could go the other way for Skyrim though. A cold snowy land to contrast from the the last couple chapters.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I hadn't seen it mentioned on the forum it would never have occurred to me to assign the DLCs to Alliances or to expect an equal distribution between the three. To my mind the Alliance war story took a back seat after the end of the base game and the DLCs are largely separate stories which aren't related to the Alliances. Yes the war is still going on (and I'm not expecting it to end any time soon, no matter what Tharn thinks), but it's no longer our focus.

As other people have said I think the DLC will be southern Elsweyr (and maybe not all of it) or somewhere else nearby. They're doing one long story this year with all the DLC tied into it so I assume it will all be in the same part of the world.

Of course Morrowind, Clockwork City and Summerset had an overarching story which connects them and two of those are on opposite sides of the continent and the other is a separate dimension. But I assume this time is a bit different, because it would be a bit odd to be hyping it up as a new approach if it's exactly what they did before.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Doubtful, they already said it will be the size of Murkmire, which could never fill half of Elsweyr. I also think they'd go somewhere else for variety, as there surely would be complains that "it's cats again".

My bet is on an area of Cyrodiil (possibly Leyawiin / somewhere in Nibenay) to wrap up Tharn's plot to end the war, or Skyrim.

It doesn't have to be to scale. Murkmire appears much bigger on the world map (and in the lore) than it actually is in terms of explorable area.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if the Q4 DLC leads to Hammerfel, which would then lead to a Hammerfel Chapter for 2020
    It could go the other way for Skyrim though. A cold snowy land to contrast from the the last couple chapters.

Could be. We're going to meet Abnur again, so maybe we'll go to the Valley Of Blades and visit Sai and Lyris. See if Lyris has popped any sprogs, and if sad old Sai has some lead in his pencil after all.

And Skyrim in 2021 looks very much like the sort of revenue opportunity that ZOS wouldn't want to miss.
    PC EU
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If I hadn't seen it mentioned on the forum it would never have occurred to me to assign the DLCs to Alliances or to expect an equal distribution between the three.

I was thinking more in terms of where the players chose to play and what faction they belonged too, not about the war itself.
    You got an Orc area, A Dunmer chapter and DLC, You got an Argonian DLC, You got a Altmer and now a Khajiit chapter.

Looking at it by race, I find it real odd that they chose to give some more than one addition to the game and skip others all together. They pretty much covered where everyone come from in the Launch zones, everything else is an add on.

Now that I think about it, funny how the Imperial Race is the race that is the worst one to use in Cyrodiil, maybe their racial bonus should be a bonus damage when using siege weapons,,, but that is for another thread.

• Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since its about the Dragons, probably somewhere near where the Elsweyr chapter takes place, whether that's further south into the Tenmar region of Elsweyr that isn't being released as part of the Chapter, or a bit into Cyrodiil, whether that's Colovia or Nibenay/Blackwood.

I just can't see it being anywhere not connected to the area, because it would be kind of weird if the Dragons just flew halfway across the continent to Skyrim, ignoring the areas in-between for some reason.

If I were to bet though, it would be the Colovian Highlands, since they mentioned the Imperials sending a Necromantic army to Elsweyr being also involved in the story. The Colovians have been attacking Elsweyr in the Reapers' March storyline too, and it seems part if that plot thread is continuing in Elsweyr (the Queen of Rimmen, Euraxia Tharn, is the mother of Javad Tharn, one of the main antagonists of the Reapers' March storyline). So Colovian Highlands DLC would be a good way to tie up that plot thread along with the Dragons and Abnur Tharn, since it's also close to Elsweyr, so not far for them to have to spread.
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on January 18, 2019 1:09PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt. Salt everywhere.

(On the forums.)

(No change there then.)
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk who gave insightful to my answer but he is wrong the ending must be in cyro. where tharn fails :pensive:
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »
    If I hadn't seen it mentioned on the forum it would never have occurred to me to assign the DLCs to Alliances or to expect an equal distribution between the three.

I was thinking more in terms of where the players chose to play and what faction they belonged too, not about the war itself.
    You got an Orc area, A Dunmer chapter and DLC, You got an Argonian DLC, You got a Altmer and now a Khajiit chapter.

Looking at it by race, I find it real odd that they chose to give some more than one addition to the game and skip others all together. They pretty much covered where everyone come from in the Launch zones, everything else is an add on.

Now that I think about it, funny how the Imperial Race is the race that is the worst one to use in Cyrodiil, maybe their racial bonus should be a bonus damage when using siege weapons,,, but that is for another thread.

Well in that respect it's never going to be even, because of the areas which were in the game to begin with, and because the provinces aren't equal sizes.

They can't do a bosmer or breton DLC or chapter because all of Valenwood and High Rock was in the game at launch (except the Isle of Balfiera which is tiny), whereas there was 1/2 a map which covered the northern edge of Elsweyr, one in Summerset and one in Black Marsh and nothing in Wrothgar. Although now they can't do another orc or altmer area either, because all their available space was covered in one release.

But there's a lot of Hammerfell, Skyrim and Cyrodiil, about 1/2 of Elsweyr (after this chapter), most of Black Marsh and part of Morrowind still missing. Unless they leave large chunks of Tamriel inaccessible (which I imagine would be unpopular with a lot of people) they're going to have to give some races more updates than others.

Maybe they could use the Alliance war story to balance it out a bit - for example putting lots of bretons and orcs into parts of Hammerfell and saying it's because that's the Covenant's border with Cydrodiil so that's where a lot of the fighting is, but I don't know if that would be acceptable.
    Edited by Danikat on January 18, 2019 1:14PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    idk who gave insightful to my answer but he is wrong the ending must be in cyro. where tharn fails :pensive:

That would be me. If someone goes through the effort to post in a thread I start I always try to give everyone a click of some kind or another. If I don't agree with it and it does not live up to what I call an Awesome Idea, I at least give an Insightful because the person at least offered me insight to their ideas or opinions.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Remember the Khajiit village there you made it rain burning dogs :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the season of the dragon I hope either ends in two ways with a Nibenay Valley DLC where we finally confront and either kill or arrest Abnar Tharn and take down the Tharn family or

have a Blades DLC that covers and resolves Cloudruler Temple and help the Blades hunt down and kill the remaining dragons that got released by Tharn.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    If I were to bet though, it would be the Colovian Highlands

Seems like they are (or were) planning on adding this area at some point, as there's a presently non-functional gate marked "Colovian Estates" in the Gold Coast region.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonsreach. :):o:/B)

Or Solstheim? Something something bye bye Dragons, then a hint at Skyrim chapter? :o
    PS5 EU.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell crafting
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pew, we even haven't got the Q1, Q2 and Q3 and you are asking about Q4 now!

In Germany we would say "Sachte mein Lieber, sachte!" which means "One step at a time, my dear, one step".
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    Pew, we even haven't got the Q1, Q2 and Q3 and you are asking about Q4 now!

In Germany we would say "Sachte mein Lieber, sachte!" which means "One step at a time, my dear, one step".

And yet you have a choice of a 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year sub, that and its fun to speculate.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know that Q1 and Q3 are dungeon DLCs so why even bother. Q2 is Elsweyr and Q4 most likely something related to a) Dragons, b) Abnur Tharn or c) Elsweyr.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    We know that Q1 and Q3 are dungeon DLCs so why even bother. Q2 is Elsweyr and Q4 most likely something related to a) Dragons, b) Abnur Tharn or c) Elsweyr.
    Dungeons who will drop gear who will buff Khajiit and because of Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact Dunmer. Enjoy.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Alowishus
    Alowishus
    ✭✭✭
    Westeros
    ESO Wishlist: Housing (Thank you!) Jewelrycrafting (Thank you!) Hand-to-hand skill line.
This discussion has been closed.