The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we stop with all the self important, entitled, whining already?

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you just make a rant thread about rant threads?
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Racial changes have been announced for less than a day and half of the posts on the forum are from what I assume are adults complaining about how they now are being forced to spend money to update their characters. Guess what, you aren't being forced, you have a licence to play the game, you do not own "your" account or the characters within it. It is a kind and generous gesture that Zos is giving anyone any race change tokens at all.

None of these changes have gone live, or even been tested yet. If you are upset by the upcoming racial changes, I implore you to go on the PTS, test them, and then provide feedback, otherwise you have no grounds to complain and should remain silent.

Don't need to test them to know that they are making my characters less playable and less enjoyable than they are now.

Also, don't need to test to know that it's going to cost hundreds to change race (and also change to other lore-friendly names that fit that race).

Are you guys shilling on purpose? Are you really that anti-consumer?

It's not about being anti-consumer. It's about constantly seeing a bunch of adults whining about not getting an entire bag of cookies when they are offered one.

you must play a redguard or high elf. this sounds like a bag-holder talking.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Some things we know even without testing.

Yeap. Barely 300 years ago, everyone thought the earth was flat. Without testing, we wouldn't have more knowledge about this earth.

Same thing. Test it first. Then if you feel that you need to vent, go right ahead. But don't just mini test. Test the changes on every race. Test it on every class / race combinations. Test it with on every class / race / weapon combinations. With gear. With buffs. With a group. Solo. Trial based group.

Then if you feel that its still ***, go ahead and vent. But if you vent based on just writing of a forum post, with the changes not even on pts yet, without all these testing, then YES. YOU ARE SELF ENTITLED.

Sorry, can't let that stand. Not with the rise of this non-issue in recent times.

300 years ago? With extraordinarily few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the Earth was flat.

OP. I agree with your overall idea. Sometimes I dont know why I even come to the forums: always hoping against hope that there will be intelligent, thoughtful discussions. Instead we get multiple "same" threads with doomsayers and quitters (please just quit, maybe my performance will improve with less windbags in thengame), voicing their knee-jerk reactions to every little thing.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stop whining"

So if you go to a restaurant, and there is a turd swimming in your soup, you eat it right?

I wouldnt. That is pretty much what I feel about these changes. Especially Dunmer

This. Add on top all the other sweeping nerfs since Morrowind, and the restaurant walls are painted in ***, the floors are covered in ***, the utensils in ***, everything in ***. You can only ignore the stink for so long.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    "Stop whining"

So if you go to a restaurant, and there is a turd swimming in your soup, you eat it right?

I wouldnt. That is pretty much what I feel about these changes. Especially Dunmer

This. Add on top all the other sweeping nerfs since Morrowind, and the restaurant walls are painted in ***, the floors are covered in ***, the utensils in ***, everything in ***. You can only ignore the stink for so long.

Sounds like you should've left the restaurant long ago
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratloc wrote: »
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    "Stop whining"

Sounds like you should've left the restaurant long ago

If certain things remain the way they are, aren't reversed or improved? I will be. Same goes for all my friends. The only reason we stuck around was for the story, but even that is going to be gated behind stressful dlc dungeons where you can't enjoy the story at your own pace at all.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of these changes have gone live, or even been tested yet. If you are upset by the upcoming racial changes, I implore you to go on the PTS, test them, and then provide feedback, otherwise you have no grounds to complain and should remain silent.

Situations can be assessed based on general understanding and experience in similar matter, there is not always a necessity for individual testing in order to understand the consequences. Everyone with a certain understanding of ESO can infer the general impact of these changes and can voice criticism on that basis.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've closed this thread to prevent further spiraling and due to it's general non-constructive nature. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.