The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we stop with all the self important, entitled, whining already?

PathwayM
PathwayM
✭✭✭✭
Racial changes have been announced for less than a day and half of the posts on the forum are from what I assume are adults complaining about how they now are being forced to spend money to update their characters. Guess what, you aren't being forced, you have a licence to play the game, you do not own "your" account or the characters within it. It is a kind and generous gesture that Zos is giving anyone any race change tokens at all.

None of these changes have gone live, or even been tested yet. If you are upset by the upcoming racial changes, I implore you to go on the PTS, test them, and then provide feedback, otherwise you have no grounds to complain and should remain silent.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, we don't want none 'o yer rationality and maturity 'round here, Boy.

:D
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, we don't want none 'o yer rationality and maturity 'round here, Boy.

:D

<3
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop whining about whining
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You heard it folks, no discussing any changes whatsoever that may have any negative impact, we have no room for genuine criticism here, only discuss how it is great, and how much we love our dearest leader.

Anyway, all race changes are fine with me, they all seem justified or explainable, except the Dunmer. That is a square trying to fit in a circle and its bugging me, but of course, I wouldn't say that, because we shouldn't give any feedback whatsoever if it is negative.

There is only one logical step to take now. I must start a thread complaining about people complaining about people complaining. Only that way, can I assert myself as the most morally superior and maturest of all the forum dwellers.
    Edited by richo262 on January 18, 2019 4:59AM
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    You heard it folks, no discussing any changes whatsoever that may have any negative impact, we have no room for genuine criticism here, only discuss how it is great, and how much we love our dearest leader.

Anyway, all race changes are fine with me, they all seem justified or explainable, except the Dunmer. That is a square trying to fit in a circle and its bugging me, but of course, I wouldn't say that, because who shouldn't give any feedback whatsoever if it is negative.

There is only one logical step to take now. I must start a thread complaining about people complaining about people complaining. Only that way, can I assert myself as the most morally superior and maturest of the forum dwellers.

I didn't say anything about not discussing racial changes. I was pointing out that people are acting like spoiled children when they aren't being given 15 race change tokens for free. Zos could just as easily give 0 race change tokens.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree OP. We can only assume the impact of these changes and I for one have a little faith simply because Gilliam is a part of that team.

I also keep re-reading the section about how "these flat values will now scale with other % modifiers, so there will be less of a delta between builds."

To me that could mean those base values we see would increase based on buffs or even armor set bonuses. This could really be quite interesting.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on January 18, 2019 5:08AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Racial changes have been announced for less than a day and half of the posts on the forum are from what I assume are adults complaining about how they now are being forced to spend money to update their characters. Guess what, you aren't being forced, you have a licence to play the game, you do not own "your" account or the characters within it. It is a kind and generous gesture that Zos is giving anyone any race change tokens at all.

None of these changes have gone live, or even been tested yet. If you are upset by the upcoming racial changes, I implore you to go on the PTS, test them, and then provide feedback, otherwise you have no grounds to complain and should remain silent.

Don't need to test them to know that they are making my characters less playable and less enjoyable than they are now.

Also, don't need to test to know that it's going to cost hundreds to change race (and also change to other lore-friendly names that fit that race).

Are you guys shilling on purpose? Are you really that anti-consumer?
    PC-NA Goat
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't need to test them to know that they are making my characters less playable and less enjoyable than they are now.

Also, don't need to test to know that it's going to cost hundreds to change race (and also change to other lore-friendly names that fit that race).

It's not about being anti-consumer. It's about constantly seeing a bunch of adults whining about not getting an entire bag of cookies when they are offered one.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    CipherNine wrote: »
    LOL, how about a bunch of people just quit this game and lets see how ZOS feels about that?

STFU man.

How about you be the one to STFU and stop with your doomsayer nonsense. Your tinfoil hat predictions are delusional

Cipher, let it go. Not worth our attention. Doomsday prophets are nothing but insecure people. All they want is attention.

Dear OP @PathwayM understands it, but complaining about complainers yelds very little results as they are so many and so loud, even though they are truly just a few

Listen to the m
    is there seriously a white knight defending zos scamming a player base to buy race change tokens? they put them on sale right b4 releasing news of sweeping racial nerfs, im suprised you had time to get out from under wheelers desk and wipe your mouth to post that

Don't ya know he is part of their marketting team? It makes sense no?
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, how about a bunch of people just quit this game and lets see how ZOS feels about that?

STFU man.

Where exactly are you seeing that?
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes those random thoughts that compel you to write something are better left unwritten.

This is a “self important, entitled, whiny” post, that is pointless and holds nothing of value to any discussion on these forums. Complaining about complainers.... real productive!
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on January 18, 2019 5:22AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Alcast doesn’t tell me the changes are good, then the changes are obviously not good.
  • DarknDarker
    DarknDarker
    ✭✭✭
    If theres one thing Ive learned in all my time on game forums... its that complaing about people complaining, while it can make for an interesting thread to read, rarely if ever does anything besides cause problems. Its far better to ignore the complainers, especially if they aren't supporting their complaints with evidence or at the very least somethin solid, and no, a rock does not make for solid support, it might for a house, but not a point
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love being a filthy casual who don't give a crap about passives :D ~F.T.M
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love being a filthy casual who don't give a crap about passives :D ~F.T.M

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ3ul8Lv6eM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have casting time on shields now if not for previous wave of whine >:)
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...this thread is going to have a lot constructive discussion. Have bookmarked.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well .. you can always show ZoS what's it about and go spend "hundreds"in some other game, since you're so pro-consumer. Competition is a beauty, is it not?

The moment you stay here, and spend your money, you're saying 100% you're ok with it. So don't spend hundreds of you wanna send a message but still stay.

I hope I have you good ideas.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not whining if I supply possible solutions then it is feedback.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well .. you can always show ZoS what's it about and go spend "hundreds"in some other game, since you're so pro-consumer. Competition is a beauty, is it not?

The moment you stay here, and spend your money, you're saying 100% you're ok with it. So don't spend hundreds of you wanna send a message but still stay.

wow your just full of ideas on constructive criticism ya? Your way is hey don't like it take the highway cause you aint wanted here right? Again you are the prime example of a toxic player.

But isn't that what you've been advocating?
    You've been saying that everyone will/should quit over these changes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people cope with changes in different ways.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »

wow your just full of ideas on constructive criticism ya? Your way is hey don't like it take the highway cause you aint wanted here right? Again you are the prime example of a toxic player.

Thank you for pointing out the irony. 😂
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »

Yeah I've been saying people will quit over these changes and *I* as well. That's not my way or the high way, that's screw your dictatorial approach to transfix my character that I've played a certain way for years and now you're saying do it this way or "screw you" <- by the game company themselves. So I will take them up on that offer if they push those changes through.

I'm not advocating the change. THEY ARE. My point is that I am a reactionary player to what they are proposing in a dictatorial manner (meaning I have no choice but to accept it as its pushed down our throat). Then I'd say screw you and leave.

Remember its not me saying I want racial passives to be changed FROM WHAT IT IS CURRENTLY to this whole new system.

That's not saying take my way or the highway since I'm not the one in power over this game, THEY ARE.

Do you understand the difference?
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW this the exact reason why game forums exist. To give FEEDBACK on the game whether for good or bad.

Which exactly the reason I am doing here and what I am expressing as this forum was designed to initiate.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have casting time on shields now if not for previous wave of whine >:)

/Thread
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANGER!!!
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    ANGER!!!

Mortal Combat!!!
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    ANGER!!!

Mortal Combat!!!

*Blasts mk music while punching everything in house*

Oh,. And I'm most important so I can whine about whatever I want.

Because im simply the best thing that has ever happened to ESO.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand the frustration. But whole that stuff - forums, the preliminary announcements of the patch notes, the PTS - it all exists to provide the company with the feedback. Yes, sometimes feedback is emotional, but don't ask people to keep quiet, because patch notes are out, and it is the time when we all discuss and provide that feedback.

And yes, it may seem that people feel self-entitled when they ask for more tokens, but got to understand them. You may not be the one to have the min-max chase as the major source of enjoyment from the game, but others may be, and they just got their target yanked from them - so they have to pay real money to keep enjoying things. If, say, you're a furnishing aficionado, imagine that your freshly bought luxurious house have been made into a straw hut with the new update, and the neighboring straw hut - became a villa. Same thing, really. I like myself being khajiit too much for meta-chasing, but I'm not blaming people for being upset, they have their ground yanked from under their feet. So try to be empathic and don't dismiss others' sources of fun from the game for a moment.
This discussion has been closed.