The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you think ZoS has a preferred class and why?

• StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade maybe. As for Race, look at the Redguard MEGABUFF... It's disgusting.

I don't understand the reasoning to the changes to Redguard. And I don't get how a switch from melee attack to direct damage is a buff?
    Well, Redguards will be getting 1K stamina every 5 seconds. Direct dmg is like 99% of dmg skills in the game. So basically you will be able to just throw a caltrops on a group of enemies, hold block and you will be able to perma-block.
    Comparing that to argonian, you will get 9 ticks so something like 9K stamina back over 45 seconds. Argonians on the other hand will get 3.6K stamina so you will run out of stamina faster. Sure, you will also get 3.6K magicka, but we all know that blocking with frost staff is very ineffective.

This means simply that even though argonians have still higher potenial recourses (3.6K stam / mag / health) - although you can see that diference is not big: 10.8K on Argonian vs 9K on a Redguard - you wil still burn those recourses much faster on an argonian.

Pretty sure that as Caltrops is a Damage over Time ability which lacks an initial damage component before the DoT that it is not a Direct Damage ability and will not work as you describe. Nor is it a weapon ability, so it won't benefit from the Redguard Martial Training passive either. Light and heavy attacks are direct damage, as are the two initial hits (one from each hand) from Rending Slashes, but the DoT of Rending is not Direct Damage. Same with Poison Injection.

Edited by StytchFingal on January 20, 2019 7:14AM
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade maybe. As for Race, look at the Redguard MEGABUFF... It's disgusting.

I don't understand the reasoning to the changes to Redguard. And I don't get how a switch from melee attack to direct damage is a buff?
    Well, Redguards will be getting 1K stamina every 5 seconds. Direct dmg is like 99% of dmg skills in the game. So basically you will be able to just throw a caltrops on a group of enemies, hold block and you will be able to perma-block.
    Comparing that to argonian, you will get 9 ticks so something like 9K stamina back over 45 seconds. Argonians on the other hand will get 3.6K stamina so you will run out of stamina faster. Sure, you will also get 3.6K magicka, but we all know that blocking with frost staff is very ineffective.

This means simply that even though argonians have still higher potenial recourses (3.6K stam / mag / health) - although you can see that diference is not big: 10.8K on Argonian vs 9K on a Redguard - you wil still burn those recourses much faster on an argonian.

Pretty sure that as Caltrops is a Damage over Time ability which lacks an initial damage component before the DoT that it is not a Direct Damage ability and will not work as you describe. Nor is it a weapon ability, so it won't benefit from the Redguard Martial Training passive either. Light and heavy attacks are direct damage, as are the two initial hits (one from each hand) from Rending Slashes, but the DoT of Rending is not Direct Damage. Same with Poison Injection.

Razor Caltrops morph does have an initial damage component as well as the dot.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you look at all the changes it will be a sorcerer. Every nerf turns out to be a buff/balanced change in the end.
    Can't say the same about any other class.

Edited by Anhedonie on January 20, 2019 12:22PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because players "We" want Necromancer as Class!
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class which got a 20% speed buff after roll dodging
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one that kills me in <insert pvp content> is obviously ZoS's favorite.
    Playing since beta...
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Stratloc wrote: »

Razor Caltrops morph does have an initial damage component as well as the dot.

True, Razor Caltops does. I just realised I was looking at the base morph not Razor. My bad.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People used to accuse Wrobel of Sorc favoritism
    Then they accused him of NB favoritism

The answer is neither. Those two children just have the loudest audience.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    People used to accuse Wrobel of Sorc favoritism
    Then they accused him of NB favoritism

The answer is neither. Those two children just have the loudest audience.

Yeah thats also why nobody is even screaming for stamplar buffs because no audience is existing anymore - oh this patch again without a stamplar change --> who cares.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Whichever race is for sale in the latest expansion.

Until that expansion stops selling. Warden anyone?

I dont think warden is op. But that *** shimmering shield is. It has to be nerfed to 50 percent of health or something. Its almost impossible to kill a warden , except when 3 dawn-breakers hit at same time in big zerg in close range . Same of DK wings. Both these 2 skills need to get some serious nerfed . Its a free pass to godmode. If I cannot hit a DK or warden from range, why *** the light armor even exists ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on January 20, 2019 10:49PM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can snipe be considered a class? If yes, my answer is snipe. If no, my answer is snipe on *insertclassheremostlikelyastamnb*
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say for PvE, but for PvP ZOS' favorit class is definitely the stamblade. It is and been the strongest class in PvP pretty for year now, with the occasional dip becoming the second strongest class (by accident) for 1 update.

Everything is geared towards their play style. Dodge is to most potentn mitigation tool in the game and ZOS ensures that sets and abilities that need a counterplay can be dodged rather than blocked, b/c who would want those perma-dodgers to have to use their brains for a second and stop dodging and instead perform another task.

Oh and just to ensure their little babies are safe and sound, Dodge roll works perfectly fine even when it's very laggy, unlike any of the magicka mitigation tools - i.e. shields, heal, and cloak. Hell, you can even dodge attacks AFTER they hit you! And you are still dodging attacks when you are already walking again!

And ofc they can one-shot you. Remember the Proc-Set Meta that went on for ages and allowed them to one-shot people out of stealth and there was 0 counterplay to that. That was ofc fine and didn't need fixing aeons b/c ... well it was stamblades killing everything else and not stamblades being killed. But that one update they could be one-shotted if they weren't careful ZOS immediately came to their aid to pamper them even more.

Stamblades are closely followed by stamdens ... though I guess that's b/c ZOS wants to sell the Warden and coincidentally by ensuring their favorit pet, aka stamblade, is the strongest, the stamden became OP as well b/c it uses a lot of the same mechanics.

Stamplars are also very strong at the moment, but so far I can't tell if that coincidence or on purpose, b/c it hasn't lasted that long yet.

But clearly, overall ZOS favors stamina over magicka in PvP.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veuth wrote: »
    Veuth wrote: »
    I think they lean towards magicka builds more than stamina builds.
    Only stamina build that shines above others is stamblade and maybe stamplar in certain aspects.

Stamblade perhaps but I'm not certain about stamplar. It's that one class I think everyone forgets about lol. Stamden maybe?

I main a Stamplar and it performs really well in PvE against mobs but sucks against players in PvP, although that could be because I'm low on CP.

Nah they just really suck in PvP because no matter what you build you are outclassed. One of the major drawback of this role is too much dps/channel not enough burst for stamina role.
    • Healing
    • Survivability
    • Sustain
    • Passives synergy
    • Sets synergy
    • Purge/Cleanse

PvP Stamplars only have tow choices, you either go full burst or tanky unlike other classes that can do both with more healing & survivability as a bonus. However it is really a strong class in the right hands but when it comes to rock, paper, scissors you can only beat one.

Back to topic, ofc Nightblades, they are the golden child of ZOS.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Samsquanch
    Samsquanch
    ✭✭
    Templar and Warden are the current flavor for pvp. Probably stay that way until they’re balanced.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if they have a golden child, but they certainly have a *** child: magicka warden.

Apparently the term for an illegitimate child is censored on here.

Nope that's called a p2w-child.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I don't know if they have a golden child, but they certainly have a *** child: magicka warden.

Apparently the term for an illegitimate child is censored on here.

Nope that's called a p2w-child.

Lol
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    ”This class is too good, everyone at ZOS must main it!”
    I’m pretty sure if you asked everyone that work at ZOS, the results would be pretty much even with one or two sticking out more just out of luck.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the classes, but from what I've been hearing, Khajiit may be the new developer darling.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think they favor magicka class.

but thats just me.

and yes I am a stamina nightblade.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think they have a preferred class per se. I think their views on balance in a macro sense have caused them to ignore the sorcerer class as the design goes against their balancing goals. As such they have continually nerfed the class while buffing other classes and have basically left it out on an island by itself without the complete toolset other classes have with buffs/debuffs and the consistent ability to deliver damage. It is my opinion the former combat lead designer was heavily influenced by his nightblade aberration(who knows the reason) and this caused him to have a strong bias against sorcs (although I doubt he thinks or realizes that is true). It is probably one of a host of reasons he no longer graces eso with his presence.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on January 23, 2019 3:25PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have played ESO since PC launch, the answer to the question of what is ZOS' favorite class is plain as day: Nightblade. The sheer number of buffs and optimizations given to the class in the past five years is greater than the buffs given to all of the other classes combined.

Conversely, ZOS' least favorite class is Dragonknight. The class has been gutted and neutered like a stray dog since Spring 2014. It's almost criminal what has happened to this class.

• Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they hadnt...in the past 4 years there was already one class, who were stronger than the other classes. This has constantly changed over the years. NB is very strong now, but it can be very weak next year.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on January 26, 2019 8:56AM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they had one it would be stamina NB. That class has reigned supreme in PvP as one of the most played classes, successful 1vX and solo classes and is still strong in every situation except high end organized group v group (or so I’ve been told/seen as far as organized group battles go). It’s also ranked very high or at the top of PvE dps for a very long long time.