Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Steam] Patcher/Launcher crashes repeatedly every few seconds while attempting to patch the game

Flannel
Flannel
Soul Shriven
I've had this issue ever since I came back to ESO about 2 or 3 months ago. Every attempt to update the game causes the patcher to crash repeatedly throughout the duration of the patch, drastically increasing patch time. I've tried to find if anyone else managed to solve this issue, but I've had absolutely no luck...

I've managed to update and play through the past 2 updates, however this one is being especially bad. I've been locked out of the game ever since the update hit, and I'm currently just now hitting 50% on patching... Is there a fix to this, or some alternative way that I can update my game so I can go back to enjoying ESO before I lose all my login rewards?
  • Flannel
    Flannel
    Soul Shriven
    Update: Approximately 3 days later, the latest patch finally finished installing... I'm able to play again now, but come the next update, I'll once again be stuck behind a glitchy patcher/launcher that drastically cuts into both event time and login rewards.