The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which ESO song has left an impact on you that you keep going back to listen to? (and where)

• Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't really a song, but I really like the riddler in that Coldharbour quest where you can release Angof. Really nice rhymes:)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a lot of great music in this game, but I can think of one track that has particularly emotionally resonated with me. I'm not sure what it's called, but it was added to Auridon when Summerset came out. Ever since I finished the Crystal Tower quest this tune gives me feels whenever I hear it.

https://youtu.be/ZVSK7xH9Szg?t=916

(It's at 15:16 in the video if the playback doesn't start where I told it to.)
    Edited by Ilsabet on January 18, 2019 3:34PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    I always stop and listen to "Blood for the Pact"
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back Alleys and Bad Intentions
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me its the Tides of the Abecean Sea which plays in all of the Skyrim areas.

Edited by Vevvev on January 18, 2019 3:43PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly. I wish they brought back the original main menu theme. It's hype as hell still after all these years. Maybe for the 5th anniv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQqytEB7-VE

This makes me feel so nostalgic... goosebumps

• Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any bard song with Malukah singing will get me to stop in game.

The Red Diamond bard song is good too.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    The one that plays when you get into Cyrodiil and the one that plays (or used to play, not sure) on Dolmens. I dont have access to Youtube atm, so can't link them (YT blocked by corp. proxy :( )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l171ZqfBAOQ
    There's music?

First thing I do in every game I've ever played is turn off the music, with one exception where the music was essential as it changed depending on whether threats were near or far and dropped a lot of clues.

I prefer the noise of battle!
    "victory.immortalb16_ESO" That is what my boyfriend does. PVPer I assume? We will be at a keep and when all of a sudden I will hear battle music and I am like "I hear battle music! Where is the battle?" and my boyfriend has no idea.

For me, the battle music is an audio cue itself, as it is distinct from the character being "in combat".
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    There's a lot of great music in this game, but I can think of one track that has particularly emotionally resonated with me. I'm not sure what it's called, but it was added to Auridon when Summerset came out. Ever since I finished the Crystal Tower quest this tune gives me feels whenever I hear it.

https://youtu.be/ZVSK7xH9Szg?t=916

(It's at 15:16 in the video if the playback doesn't start where I told it to.)
    @Ilsabet That is so odd. They give the name in the YT video but it is not in the OST. I looked on Spotify and amazon and that song title is no where in there. @ZOS_SoundMaster Is there an album this is in?
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Vevvev wrote: »
      For me its the Tides of the Abecean Sea which plays in all of the Skyrim areas.

Interesting placement since the Abecean Sea is on the other side of the continent between AD and DC.
      Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 18, 2019 4:30PM
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • Uizuu
        Uizuu
        ✭✭
        Definitely Bruma Against the Jeralls. Especially the last minute is so good!
        It's one of the themes, played in the Daggerfall Covernant areas. In heard it probably over 100 times in my first game hours, so it makes me feel very nostalgic.
        Edited by Uizuu on January 18, 2019 4:41PM
      • xxthir13enxx
        xxthir13enxx
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Hmm...interesting...
        for awhile there were a few cool songs playing in Cyrodiil....but now... I don’t think I’ve heard them in quite awhile...did they get removed or did I just get used to them and turn them into white noise in my mind...?lol
      • Irylia
        Irylia
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The combat music.
        I listen to it every time I enter cyro because I can’t get out of combat.
      • DovahkiinHeart
        DovahkiinHeart
        ✭✭✭

"Horizon of Cyrodiil"

I may have heard it before, but the first time I actually noticed it and felt moved by it was after I defeated one of the main questline bosses in Glenumbra. I had so many doubts about it, back when I was a new player, on taking on enemies with more HP than 100k (lol).

So when I killed the boss I was stunned, and when I heard that music as I emerged from the final boss's lair, it felt like a literal crowning moment of awesome.

It really left an impression on me for some reason. Made me think of how little I knew starting out ESO, and how far I've come at that particular point lol :P Cheesy, I know.
        Edited by DovahkiinHeart on January 18, 2019 5:46PM
      • Siohwenoeht
        Siohwenoeht
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        For me, all the DC zone music just sounds epic. Which pains me to say since "For the Queen!" ;)

Craglorn music is right up there as well.

I've been searching everywhere for the sheet music to several of these songs but haven't found them yet. My piano, organ and guitar are begging to have these played on them lol!
        "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
      • Moog
        Moog
        ✭✭✭
        Turn to stone great song
      • SanguineMyBrother
        SanguineMyBrother
        ✭✭✭✭
        The song called Weapons Drawn. It's played in Cyrodiil and Craglorn. I would love it made into a music box for my house.
        Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
      • Odovacar
        Odovacar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I love them all TBH... but nothing compares to the sounds/song during boss fight battles.
      • Yuffie91
        Yuffie91
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I love that music in Morrowind. The one that plays in the original Morrowind also
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Uizuu wrote: »
        Definitely Bruma Against the Jeralls. Especially the last minute is so good!
        It's one of the themes, played in the Daggerfall Covernant areas. In heard it probably over 100 times in my first game hours, so it makes me feel very nostalgic.
        YAS! Great song! Great feeling that comes with it too!
        Hmm...interesting...
        for awhile there were a few cool songs playing in Cyrodiil....but now... I don’t think I’ve heard them in quite awhile...did they get removed or did I just get used to them and turn them into white noise in my mind...?lol
        I defiantly think you got use to it. It's still there. lol.
        Irylia wrote: »
        The combat music.
        I listen to it every time I enter cyro because I can’t get out of combat.
        At least the music is good?
        For me, all the DC zone music just sounds epic. Which pains me to say since "For the Queen!" ;)

Craglorn music is right up there as well.

I've been searching everywhere for the sheet music to several of these songs but haven't found them yet. My piano, organ and guitar are begging to have these played on them lol!
        I wonder if the sound master would help with that? I am not sure. they have done some crazy nice things before.
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • Kuramas9tails
          Kuramas9tails
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          The song called Weapons Drawn. It's played in Cyrodiil and Craglorn. I would love it made into a music box for my house.
          I 110% agree with you! Or let us pick music for our house?
            FOR THE QUEEN!
            PS4/NA
          • Kuramas9tails
            Kuramas9tails
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Yuffie91 wrote: »
            I love that music in Morrowind. The one that plays in the original Morrowind also
            I assume you started playing TES series with Morrowind?
              FOR THE QUEEN!
              PS4/NA
            • Tommy_The_Gun
              Tommy_The_Gun
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              I don't know if that counts but basically one of the bard songs performed by Malukah
              Also there is another piece of music that apparently is a part of Official ESO soundtrack that is basically a Hyped-UP Epic Version of the first song I mentioned:
            • Astarana
              Astarana
              ✭✭✭

@Yuffie91 , Morrowind is the one for me too. It reminds me of original Morrowind. And yes, @Kuramas9tails I did start with that one ;).
            • Claudman
              Claudman
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKbVWqZ6nNg

This soundtrack is beautiful and always plays in my Dominion homes and in Dominion zones.

The soundtracks of ESO prove that you don't need Jeremy Soule to deliver a strong emotion, but Jeremy Soule had indeed set the tone for Elder Scrolls games of the future like Inon Zur to Dragon Age after Trevor Morris took the reins. After hearing the soundtrack of Murkmire, Clockwork City, Summerset and even the music to the Elsweyr expansion's trailers, I realized that Jeremy Soule desperately needs another composer who is well versed on other cultural instruments beside just European.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3pIYlptBw

This was also another beautiful soundtrack, I would like to know who the composer of this soundtrack was. @ZOS_SoundMaster

Jeremy Soule has a limited range which wouldn't have been able to do the soundtrack for Murkmire like this, his European string ensemble has its limits. A European string ensemble simply wouldn't work here. I'd love to see this composer work with Jeremy Soule for the next Elder Scrolls game for the usage of Arabic instruments like what Maclaine Diemer did for the Path of Fire soundtrack of Guild Wars 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6dCOmAl8tg

A little taste of how that sounds.

TL;DR
              I love various composers, but all of them have their flaws (I.e. Jeremy Soule having a limited cultural range to European instruments in soundtracks and Inon Zur also having a limited range) and I think the composer in ESO is doing an amazing job with the music direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF8W7is741o

^ ALSO THIS SOUNDTRACK IS DOPE! ^
              Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
              I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
              I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
            • paulychan
              paulychan
              ✭✭✭✭
              Oh kwama, oh kwama, don't you wanna be a mommaaaaaa
            • Kuramas9tails
              Kuramas9tails
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              Claudman wrote: »
              This was also another beautiful soundtrack, I would like to know who the composer of this soundtrack was.
              @Claudman I thought @ZOS_SoundMaster was the composer of the music for Elder Scrolls Online. Brad Derrick. I believe I remember reading him saying once that he got a lot of inspiration from the composer of Skyrim.
              Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 18, 2019 8:51PM
                FOR THE QUEEN!
                PS4/NA
              • Kuramas9tails
                Kuramas9tails
                ✭✭✭✭✭
                Astarana wrote: »

@Yuffie91 , Morrowind is the one for me too. It reminds me of original Morrowind. And yes, @Kuramas9tails I did start with that one ;).
                I am finding that the music we started with is the one we keep going back to.
                  FOR THE QUEEN!
                  PS4/NA
                • Claudman
                  Claudman
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  @Kuramas9tails Ah, I wanted to know the name of the enigmatic "Soundmaster". Lol
                  Thank you and I can indeed hear the inspiration which Brad took from Jeremy.
                  Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
                  I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
                  I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
                • max_only
                  max_only
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  ✭✭✭✭✭
                  This is my favorite eso song because of how a ridiculous subject is taken seriously

https://youtu.be/S2nY044vvNM
                  #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
                  #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
                  || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
                  ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom