The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

This pvp event is great!

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
21MAuai.png

The line from me " Keep crying, don-" was me getting attacked in BG, after that I realized it wasn't worth my time.

Someone tea-bagged my corpse shortly after leading me to believe it was this person, they were a NB snipe spammer in their teams back line, but I'm not completely sure if it was the person that messaged me.

So apparently I'm a meta chaser for using an execute in pvp in execute range when my choices for executes are from 2 weapon skill lines and I don't like using a 2h in it's current state.

I do not use any proc sets.

How many other people are dealing with comments like this more often now? I guess as a stam sorc I'm an idiot for forgetting to use endless fury as my execute. My bad lol.
Edited by MashmalloMan on January 16, 2019 5:26PM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of AD NB bow spammer's that whisper me is disproportionate to the amount of whispers I receive from any other faction/class. Both my DC/EP character's 75% of rage whispers come from AD bow spam NB's. If you're PC NA, it's probably a name I'm familiar with.
    Joined September 2013
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Let me guess this straight, someone called you a meta chaser which drove to make a multi-line forum post with screen shots. Because someone called you meta-chaser?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get_Packed wrote: »
    Let me guess this straight, someone called you a meta chaser which drove to make a multi-line forum post with screen shots. Because someone called you meta-chaser?

I can do what I want with my free time at work. You can comment about the question I proposed or dissect why anyone posts things on the forums. I thought what happened was funny and decided to share.
    Jakx wrote: »
    The amount of AD NB bow spammer's that whisper me is disproportionate to the amount of whispers I receive from any other faction/class. Both my DC/EP character's 75% of rage whispers come from AD bow spam NB's. If you're PC NA, it's probably a name I'm familiar with.

To be fair, I have no problem with bows. I think they're fine, but many people have strong opinions about them and the hypocracy if this was a snipe spamming NB is pretty funny to me, especially since NB's have sources for pretty much every buff and debuff in the game. When I proposed the question what execute I should use, they told me to use a magicka execute.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 16, 2019 5:43PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I’ll answer your question. Nobody else has ever been hate whispered, called a meta-chaser, or tea-bagged ever before in the game. Your experience is ground breaking, one which will fill the streets Tamriel with protesters banding together to bring light to the injustice you have suffered. A fattened pig shall be butcherd in your honor and we will mark the anniversary of this shamefull event in which you were wrongly called a meta chaser on our calanders. We’ll call it: The Great Accusation!

Dont worry I got your back OP.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a meta dynamic going on in this thread but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

And yeah, Stam Sorcs. Oh boy. I remember when people laughed at Wrobel for hurricane. Who's laughing now? A spinning to win speedy hurricane is a nb's nightmare. I got chased down by one just a few days ago on the front porch of sej. It was humiliating.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get_Packed wrote: »
    Ok I’ll answer your question. Nobody else has ever been hate whispered, called a meta-chaser, or tea-bagged ever before in the game. Your experience is ground breaking, one which will fill the streets Tamriel with protesters banding together to bring light to the injustice you have suffered. A fattened pig shall be butcherd in your honor and we will mark the anniversary of this shamefull event in which you were wrongly called a meta chaser on our calanders. We’ll call it: The Great Accusation!

Dont worry I got your back OP.

Thanks, I feel much more special now! :D

+1 Awesome

GynRMeJ.gif
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 16, 2019 5:38PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a meta dynamic going on in this thread but I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

And yeah, Stam Sorcs. Oh boy. I remember when people laughed at Wrobel for hurricane. Who's laughing now? A spinning to win speedy hurricane is a nb's nightmare. I got chased down by one just a few days ago on the front porch of sej. It was humiliating.

Yeah, fortuneatly I have 0 problems with cloaking NB's. It's a shame to see the forums want to nerf cloak so hard. I heavely invested in to speed and I almost make it my mission to chase down NB's just like that scenario ^. :*>:)
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be doing a lot wrong. I never get tells like those.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I must be doing a lot wrong. I never get tells like those.

TBH that match wasn't great, it was 3v4v4 and we came second, so I don't know what I did to make him feel the need to msg me like that.

Maybe they're a mag sorc enthusiast :P
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spin to win is pretty stronk.

I mean it's not like we don't understand why it gets used.

But hurricane ---> dawnbreaker ---> spin to win just feels so cheesy.

Magicka is just jealous that we have nothing to compare to dawnbreaker and spin to win.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that happened but why blame the event? You can get hate tells anytime you're in Cyrodiil (unless you play in "offline" mode.. which I recommend). Haters gonna hate...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jsmalls I don't know what your talking about..9m range execute with extra passive execute dmg passive + extra cc dmg and extra tooltip dmg from DW ... Undodgeable.

It's not that strong. /s
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry that happened but why blame the event? You can get hate tells anytime you're in Cyrodiil (unless you play in "offline" mode.. which I recommend). Haters gonna hate...

I don't really have a problem with the event other than the lag it brings. The event introduces a lot of pve players to pvp (great) and with that, I'm assuming a lot of frustration as well due to them using pve gear.

Put it this way, BG's has a whole lot more relequen tornados on enemies lately.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of disconects and game freezes, large amount of players queueing in peak time, on Saturday got position 450 in Vivec and 120 in one of 7-days campaigns.

I have a feeling this event is no difference than pvp without event, just more people, lag, disconnects, thus less fun.

Ah, and so hard to fill the "kill 20 wardens" quest.
    In my 24-ppl group were only 2 wardens, the same amounts probably on enemy side - almost no wardens, but a lot of nightblade gankers and sorcs.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Lots of disconects and game freezes, large amount of players queueing in peak time, on Saturday got position 450 in Vivec and 120 in one of 7-days campaigns.

I have a feeling this event is no difference than pvp without event, just more people, lag, disconnects, thus less fun.[/b

This pretty much, I like the pvp event because we can earn from it, but the experience of trying to get in to a campaign or the types of matches I've been playing in BG's haven't been as fun.

Also: Even with the influx in the amount of people playing, I still get 2 and 3 player teams. Whats the deal?

Edited by MashmalloMan on January 16, 2019 6:47PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling this event is no difference than pvp without event, just more people, lag, disconnects, thus less fun.

In my 24-ppl group were only 2 wardens, the same amounts probably on enemy side - almost no wardens, but a lot of nightblade gankers and sorcs.

They are ALL in the battlegrounds. Warden grounds Healy burst permafrost/beetles immortal easy mode BG

Right there with guard/timestop/spin 2win/proctank/snipe/zoos/heavy armor shield stacking/ ae balls.

Also for the love of Mara’s crotch pls separate pugs and premades. It’s been so bad this patch.
    Edited by jediodyn_ESO on January 16, 2019 7:24PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must really suck :( I've never gotten anything even remotely salty, in almost 2 years.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They are ALL in the battlegrounds. Warden grounds Healy burst permafrost/beetles immortal easy mode BG

Right there with guard/timestop/spin 2win/proctank/snipe/zoos/heavy armor shield stacking/ ae balls.

Also for the love of Mara’s crotch pls separate pugs and premades. It’s been so bad this patch.

While I agree with this statement, I'm curious if theres a way to know when it's a premade. I usually assume if they have crazy high healing and team coordination.. that being said. I've been in pug teams that were competent enough to group together and we were practically unkillable going +300 from the second place team.

In those instances I bet the other players thought we were premade but we weren't.

Are you seeing the same names in different matches?

Side note: What does AE balls stand for?
    I must really suck :( I've never gotten anything even remotely salty, in almost 2 years.

In the past year of playing pvp - mostly BG, I've only gotten messaged 3-4 times negatively while many of the whispers are people curious about what build I use or saying good fight.

I'd say the people in good spirit far outweigh the bad in my experience, the community in eso is great where a lot of other games I get a lot more toxity for playing a good pvp match.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 16, 2019 8:20PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree with this statement, I'm curious if theres a way to know when it's a premade. I usually assume if they have crazy high healing and team coordination.. that being said. I've been in pug teams that were competent enough to group together and we were practically unkillable going +300 from the second place team.

In those instances I bet the other players thought we were premade but we weren't.

Are you seeing the same names in different matches?

Side note: What does AE balls stand for?

There is a very easy way. After the match you just ask. I find that saying politely whispering “wow great match, are you queuing up together?” will often get you a %100 answer of how many players on the opposite team are actually going in together. Because BG PvP popularity has declined thanks to ZOS taking like 4 months to balance anything, you frequently see the same teams and get to know who parties together.

“AE Balls” might sound sexy, but it’s what we (on PS4) use to describe groups who stick tightly together constantly blasting multiple ae abilities and heavy heals to create a rolling ball of area death.
    Edited by jediodyn_ESO on January 16, 2019 9:31PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite hate whisper, or what was one segment of a very long series of messages, came from an AD stamblade gank build (didn’t know they were a ganker at first). So after Xv1 and tbagging me I said are you challenging me to a duel? After a lot of back and forth and him telling me I’m trash, not worth his time yada yada yada, I finally goad him into it. So I wait for several minutes by the dolmen near Nikel and finally like dude are we doing this or not. He goes yeah I’m coming, hold on a second. Then out of nowhere the mother *** tries to gank me, FAILS, and then gets his ass kicked lol. He then proceeds to tell me that I’m trash and that if I didn’t have a 25k health crutch build (medium hulking + ravager) he’d have killed me and that everyone knows his name in dueling circles LMFAO. The moron hit my stamina Templar while I was standing on my rune with buffs up on my defending bar :D

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ignore these kinds of people. I get hate whispers all the time, usually just people calling me a cheat and raging at me. I often ask them why they think I'm cheating or whatever and they just rage more instead of being willing to learn.

And then others rage over the most stupid things, they get angry over anything that kills them. I have even had people rage at me for healing myself lol :)

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't received one in a long time.

However, we are kinda at the "if we're meeting at this MMR; it's gonna be cheesy" phase
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 17, 2019 1:28AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    My favorite hate whisper, or what was one segment of a very long series of messages, came from an AD stamblade gank build (didn’t know they were a ganker at first). So after Xv1 and tbagging me I said are you challenging me to a duel? After a lot of back and forth and him telling me I’m trash, not worth his time yada yada yada, I finally goad him into it. So I wait for several minutes by the dolmen near Nikel and finally like dude are we doing this or not. He goes yeah I’m coming, hold on a second. Then out of nowhere the mother *** tries to gank me, FAILS, and then gets his ass kicked lol. He then proceeds to tell me that I’m trash and that if I didn’t have a 25k health crutch build (medium hulking + ravager) he’d have killed me and that everyone knows his name in dueling circles LMFAO. The moron hit my stamina Templar while I was standing on my rune with buffs up on my defending bar :D

Lol pretty funny. I'd like to hope they knew they were being ridiculous, but who knows. I suppose that's being a bit too optimistic.

Haven't received one in a long time.

However, we are kinda at the "if we're meeting at this MMR; it's gonna be cheesy" phase

I thought I was at that phase because of the rarity of hate msgs, but the game always surprises me 😁

PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

so meta it's inverse meta
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »

so meta it's inverse meta

Your right, I should just quit because it would be too meta to play so inversely meta..

Can I be safe if I only use all white gear, 12 pieces from different sets with training traits. Maybe I'll get enough experience to "get gud".
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate messages = you are probably winning
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Hate messages = you are probably winning

Our team wasn't, but I think I was doing fine. I just think they had it out for stam sorcs, they're pretty strong counters to a stealth/cloak NB if they were one anyway. They were apart of the winning team.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 17, 2019 4:39PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when meta-player is offensive? I mean, if I can drive a Ferrari why should I chose a Toyota instead?
    Also yeah spin to win is a joke , just block it and you’re good.
    It’s really op when 2+ people are spamming it tho
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    Since when meta-player is offensive? I mean, if I can drive a Ferrari why should I chose a Toyota instead?
    Also yeah spin to win is a joke , just block it and you’re good.
    It’s really op when 2+ people are spamming it tho

Yeah honestly. They suggested instead of "meta-chasing" I use a magicka spammable.

NB Bow main? Don't use snipe, that's meta-chasing. Tsk tsk. You should be using Impale, it's a great ranged spammable. /s

It's hard to imagine any aoe spammable skill that doesn't feel op in a 2+ scenario, but I get what you mean. The 9m range and execute dmg is juicy af.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 17, 2019 5:42PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc? Meta?

giphy.gif