The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Free Race Change to everyone 1 per account.

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    anadandy wrote: »
    I wonder if they will be limited to races in your current alliance - like they are now. CS once told me that even with Adventurer Pack - race change can only be to one of the two other races in your characters alliance. Any race, any alliance only applies to new characters.

No it's not limited to any alliance

But if you don't have the Adventurer Pack it will be, from my understanding of what CS told me. W/out that you can only choose races from the alliance you are in - so a Breton for example, could only change to Redguard or Orc. What I'm curious about is if the "free" race change will have that same limitation for those w/out Any Race, Any Alliance.
  • SirBaldrick
    Could you use it to change race from a khajiit you didn't get right - to a khajiit so you can "make her better" this time?

Yes I reckon you could use it like an appearance change token
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer for life, and undeath too
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • nud3_voxel
    nud3_voxel
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they don't make huge changes that make my current 10 characters irrelevant. I have no money nor the desire to buy 30k crowns. I made my characters using the race that was what I considered best for the role at the time of creation. I've always been fine with bugs, imbalance and ***. But that's just money grab. At least make it possible to race change with gold for a time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 4:57PM
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    nud3_voxel wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't make huge changes that make my current 10 characters irrelevant. I have no money nor the desire to buy 30k crowns. I made my characters using the race that was what I considered best for the role at the time of creation. I've always been fine with bugs, imbalance and ***. But that's just money grab. At least make it possible to race change with gold for a time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Bismer here we come lmao
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah one free per account is meaningless without a significant sale on appearance and name change packs. Granted I am hoping to adjust current characters as necessary, swapping out stam and mag versions if I need to. But if for some reason I have to buy multiple token packs at full price, I know I won't be the only grumpy person around here.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a sale on at its only 16% off I think
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heady wrote: »
    There is a sale on at its only 16% off I think

Yeah that's not a good sign
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    I really like my Breton passives for Templar. Sustain is a non-issue.

Give me crit-hit though and I'd be super happy. lol (No, that would break the game.)
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupid question, does race change allow to change your appearance or just switches the race with all the sliders staying the same?

And it would be nice to get name change with that too.
    Edited by Michae on January 16, 2019 12:44PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Stupid question, does race change allow to change your appearance or just switches the race with all the sliders staying the same?

I believe you get each if you purchase. Hover over the Crown Store item and it specifies (showing the associated tokens in the corner).

Name change is still absurdly expensive.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Il3rotherhood
    Il3rotherhood
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they will be limited to races in your current alliance - like they are now. CS once told me that even with Adventurer Pack - race change can only be to one of the two other races in your characters alliance. Any race, any alliance only applies to new characters.

No it's not limited to any alliance

But if you don't have the Adventurer Pack it will be, from my understanding of what CS told me. W/out that you can only choose races from the alliance you are in - so a Breton for example, could only change to Redguard or Orc. What I'm curious about is if the "free" race change will have that same limitation for those w/out Any Race, Any Alliance.

I am really wondering this as well as I don't have the any race any alliance upgrade... And I am mostly playing mag chars in DC, so I am limited to Breton ..!
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im actually worried about this.
    First I thought there would only be minor tweaks so any race could be good in every role, but now that they say theyre giving out a token, the changes might be more drastic to what there is right now.
    I have 15 characters of which at least 10 are thought through in race, class and what their role is. If all that might get changed up, the cost for changing them properly would be unaffordable. ~ 30 euro for one token? Might as well buy a new console, like wtf?!
    Imo we should get a token for each max level character. (The idea of enabling racechange with gold for a short time is good too)
    Edited by GaunterODim on January 16, 2019 2:42PM
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care how bad the changes will be. Will still be a magsorc khajiit :D
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Does this mean no extra char slots?

We get 1 char slot with Elsweyr

...in addition to the 1 free character with elsweyr, i thought it sounded like there might be additional slots for sale, but i'm not certain of that detail...
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time they did racial passive changes the free race change was not given. At that time the passives did not change that much. This time I am expecting big changes. So IMHO 1 free change is not a good sign.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you own any race any alliance (adventurer pack or from original CE preorder), you can change to any race.

Whoever in CS told you that the pack was race resticted was wrong

If you don't own any race any alliance then youre locked to your alliance races
    Edited by Katahdin on January 16, 2019 5:26PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free race change token means simply one thing: They are gonna wreck pretty much every racial passive that we have...
    :(

This is my worry as well. Either wrecked or they are going to make all the passive so similar race won't even matter.
  • NarutoUzumaki242
    I would be much more happier if it was 1 of each token.
    But name change token would have been better for me really.
    EPNord Dragonknight – Tank – Ygritte Kjældsen "She's my Primary Tank"
    ADBreton Templar – Healer – Annabelle Jurard "She's my only Healer"
    DCAltmer Sorcerer– DPS – Valritte Kjældsen "She's my SorcDPS"
    ADAltmer Templar – DPS – Ayrenn Arana Uzumaki "She's my Jabs DW DPS"
    EPDark Elf Warden – DPS – Alyanna von Nerethi "She's my Pet DPS"
    EPDark Elf Nightblade – DPS – Naryu Virian Uzumaki "She's obviously my DW Assassin"
    DCImperial Templar– Tank – Ariana Præxemilia Leonius/b] "She's my Secondary Tank"
    EPImperial Dragonknight – DPS – Aurelius Marcus Uzumaki "The Supreme Pontiff"
    EPBreton Necromancer– DPS – Alyssane Montierre "For TES VI Role-playing"

Primary Residence – Daggerfall Overlook "Kjældsen Manor"
    New Residence to complete – Grand Psijic Villa "Uzumaki Artæum Manor"

"We profess that there is no salvation outside the Church... For the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth." – Pope Leo XII

TESO accounts: NarutoUzumaki24 | NarutoUzumaki242
    Fanfiction.net author name: Ex-Durandal 24
    Steam: Pope Pius XIII
    Origin: Jello242
    Uplay: bfigu
    GOG Galaxy: Jello242
    "All of us want peace; not the peace of the dead, but the peace of the living..." – Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is Altmer Templar Healer. I do not think something bad will happen with her ability to heal.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    My main is Altmer Templar Healer. I do not think something bad will happen with her ability to heal.

But maybe sustain changes like a Nerf to Spellcharge or Gift of Magnus
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that this is for anyone who felt restricted to a certain race due to the passives, and not because we might hate our new ones...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    I really hope that this is for anyone who felt restricted to a certain race due to the passives, and not because we might hate our new ones...

Yeah, I am wondering if its a categorize by type and pick for each so your racial is more cosmetic than anything.
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    It should be 1 per char 1 per acc isnt cutting it when you have 10 chars. I feel like im being punished for spending money on this game.
  • jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

Yes, it changes your appearance. Each race essentially comes with a different 'kit' - eye color options, skin color options, hair color options, etc. All of that stuff is detailed on UESP here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Character_Creation

I believe the token lets you mess with the sliders and preview things before you commit the changes and redeem the token, so you can try things out. When I changed my Breton Stamblade to Redguard a while back I took screenshots of all of my sliders in the hopes that I could return her to her original appearance if I ever went back.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I was considering buying but I will hold off and see how the passive changes impact my character.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about the racials. I have 2 magicka Khajiit and they do very well, an imperial magicka warden, will stay that way, magicka orc dk will stay that way.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about the racials. I have 2 magicka Khajiit and they do very well, an imperial magicka warden, will stay that way, magicka orc dk will stay that way.

It really is just a meta thing for people who PVP or trying to get top leadership boards for trials and arenas. It doesn't make a big enough difference for me (i hope anyways). I have always played breton for my mag classes (with the exception of my pvp sorc which I don't really play anymore since the last nerfs) and imperial for stamina because of how i like my character to look.

At this point everything is speculation until we see the notes on what is really changing. But if it is really a massive change I think they should allow free race changes the first week it comes out or make it like 10 crowns for a race change for the next few weeks.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I disagree. I feel 20% and more recovery boosts and certainly turning every potion into a tripot or doubling a tripot, buffing pools by 10%, is more than just minor. That's why they need to balance them.