The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial City will be changed into a Campaign (Oh my god)

• Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a great change to me. Should have been separate from the start.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic change.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    reguvin wrote: »
    I have been waiting years for Imperial City to get an update.

They are removing Imperial City from Cyrodiil and making it a Campaign.

Amazing news for Imperial City lovers like me.

I'm keen as think it will help pop. I'd have preferred it properly integrated into Cyrodiil rather than the hybrid its been but this is a close second.

How many versions do we think? CP and noCP i hope

noCP why ? It will be dead across all playforms except a few running around in NA PC .... It will be CP if not your killing it off the bat...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    But will it still be a PVE/PVP hybrid? If it is I'm still not interested.

How is that a bad thing? PvE hardly ever interferes
    Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
    Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
    Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
    Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
    Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

How is that a bad thing? PvE hardly ever interferes

All I care about are quests. Getting ganked by some PVP scumbag I never see and cannot defend against is my idea of Hell. It's hideous, awful and indefensible.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good change.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they disable Alliances there
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am hyped about this change. I think it will be a very positive change.
    Playing since beta...
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Nice idea but why would PvPers go more in IC if nothing changes inside ?

Money. On the contrary, why would you go to cyrodiil if it's so laggy and a potion burn and a horse running simulator?
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt they will be changing the fundamentals of what it is, simply relocating it for 1. Ease of Access and 2. Lower lag issues in Cyrodiil

Actually ic in cyro is an instanced zone and the performance in ic is aside from that of its cyro counterpart.
    What this change will do is consolidate all 4 campaign ic players into one
    -makes it more lively
    -the population space that ic players take in a campaign will now be given to players who can add to the war.
    This means more players in cyro.
    Which could mean more fights on the map especially with all the extra objectives they are adding to cyro.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that they're touching IC - Though I don't believe this is the best implementation.
    • PVE and money making (best in the game) pretty much dies if zergs make their way into IC.
    • Console only has a couple of campaigns so won't necessarily be more lively - I can currently be down IC on any of those campaigns and I'm lucky to run into 3 people all night - You get much quicker and more enjoyable action in a BG.
    • It's going to revert to the point it was before where players are fighting in districts and the noobs are standing on top of their base in safe spots, sniping and whatever else - Nobody wants that except for those players.

With that:
    • Cap group sizes in there - PLEASE DO NOT LET 20+ MAN GROUPS EXIST. 10 at most.
    • Unfavourable: Make it a no-CP zone and adjust mob values for farming - IC is small scale and small scale is better suited to no-CP imo.
    • Extend the safe zone 'protection' to cover the entire of the top of a base. As is, they are basically free LOS zones for bad players who would only attack you when you were in combat.
    • Don't add campaign buffs.
    • Need new incentives to go there as telvar gain (the sole reason people go there currently) is completely dead with this change.
      • Maybe Telvar bonuses can apply to the sewers below a given district (2x max instead of 4x), just section it out using the doors as boundaries. I.E. Arboretum may apply until the first door in the yellow sewer and from that point on Temple's bonuses will take over until the centre ring - With the same all flags bonus being applied throughout the sewers.
      • Maybe something for the more experienced and daring of players - 50k Stones bagged = 6* multiplier, 100k = 7* or something.
      • More gear / Supplies available for telvar (Food, pots, raw mats etc)

I'd also like to see the Telvar requirement for Imperial Physique changed to 25k.
    It's a massive boost to stats and 25k is currently less than 2 bosses worth at a 4*, which is under 10 minutes solo.
    Edited by BNOC on January 16, 2019 4:07PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    It’s a great idea.

If they can successfully separate the PvP and PvE elements, this could totally rejuvenate IC and have benefits for Cyrodiil

Interesting quest line in the sewers leading up to death of Big Boss for PvE

Massive bunfights in the city for the PvPers.

And hopefully the hunting down to extinction of all tankers

What could possibly go wrong?

Don't forget that the lag will be gone because it's different campaign.

Lol you're fooling yourself if you think that
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting years for Imperial City to get an update.

They are removing Imperial City from Cyrodiil and making it a Campaign.

Amazing news for Imperial City lovers like me.

Agree. I'll dip my toes in once this happens. It will be more like Darkness Falls in that regard.

What I would love to see is an increase in desirable gear/other incentives to make people really want to go there.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is they will do a CP, Non CP and under 50 instances. I hope they increase the Telvar drop rates to by 50% not quite event lvl but enough were risk/reward is still profitable because they will be evaporating faster than ever with double to triple current populations. Adding a leaderboard with decent rewards will also drive population. Make the board a mix of Telvar Acquired from player kills and AP from kills and flags I think would be the best way to do it. So you can’t just NPC farm your way to the top!
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be less lag, so good
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I took what they said is basically they are going to have a different way to travel to IC and the Alliance campaigns will not be keeping track of who is in there and who is not. The PvP element is not changing.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it will stop the complaining over the 5 people in IC causing such a HUGE imbalance to the overland Cyrodiil population.
    :D
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of god, do not make IC no-cp, will kill it completely. And keep the mixed pve/pvp atmosphere, it´s what makes the zone fun and unique.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyro before IC was a lot better. More fights because half the population was not in the sewers. Being gated with 3 bars never fun.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyro before IC was a lot better. More fights because half the population was not in the sewers. Being gated with 3 bars never fun.

No it was not better.

IC made it better until the patch changed IC.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope that making imperial city seperate means they can do interesting stuff to keep the city fresh. Like weekly global combat modifiers to change the meta while in imperial city! Maybe a low gravity week too. A no revive week. So many things can be done to make it a crazy fun pvp game mode.
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that making imperial city seperate means they can do interesting stuff to keep the city fresh. Like weekly global combat modifiers to change the meta while in imperial city! Maybe a low gravity week too. A no revive week. So many things can be done to make it a crazy fun pvp game mode.

I hope so too
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    I like the fact that they're touching IC - Though I don't believe this is the best implementation.
    • PVE and money making (best in the game) pretty much dies if zergs make their way into IC.
    • Console only has a couple of campaigns so won't necessarily be more lively - I can currently be down IC on any of those campaigns and I'm lucky to run into 3 people all night - You get much quicker and more enjoyable action in a BG.
    • It's going to revert to the point it was before where players are fighting in districts and the noobs are standing on top of their base in safe spots, sniping and whatever else - Nobody wants that except for those players.

With that:
    • Cap group sizes in there - PLEASE DO NOT LET 20+ MAN GROUPS EXIST. 10 at most.
    • Unfavourable: Make it a no-CP zone and adjust mob values for farming - IC is small scale and small scale is better suited to no-CP imo.
    • Extend the safe zone 'protection' to cover the entire of the top of a base. As is, they are basically free LOS zones for bad players who would only attack you when you were in combat.
    • Don't add campaign buffs.
    • Need new incentives to go there as telvar gain (the sole reason people go there currently) is completely dead with this change.
      • Maybe Telvar bonuses can apply to the sewers below a given district (2x max instead of 4x), just section it out using the doors as boundaries. I.E. Arboretum may apply until the first door in the yellow sewer and from that point on Temple's bonuses will take over until the centre ring - With the same all flags bonus being applied throughout the sewers.
      • Maybe something for the more experienced and daring of players - 50k Stones bagged = 6* multiplier, 100k = 7* or something.
      • More gear / Supplies available for telvar (Food, pots, raw mats etc)

I'd also like to see the Telvar requirement for Imperial Physique changed to 25k.
    It's a massive boost to stats and 25k is currently less than 2 bosses worth at a 4*, which is under 10 minutes solo.

Wow thats a long explanation
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's a single campaign, and that means no CP. While I prefer CP, you can't mix the two pops together without low CP players being at a huge disadvantage. At most, one CP and one no CP campaign. If there are too many, IC will remain an underpopulated farming zone.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potion prices go up, but more PvP and action in IC, you cant always have a WIN/WIN situation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I always hoped they would open the bridges and make the IC accesable in the same zone like cyrodiil. Well.. :D will make at least a lot of crafters happy that don't have acces to the set stations
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I hope it's a single campaign, and that means no CP. While I prefer CP, you can't mix the two pops together without low CP players being at a huge disadvantage. At most, one CP and one no CP campaign. If there are too many, IC will remain an underpopulated farming zone.

yeah would be a good start to have only 1 campaign first and then when its over populated maybe add another one
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And here I always hoped they would open the bridges and make the IC accesable in the same zone like cyrodiil. Well.. :D will make at least a lot of crafters happy that don't have acces to the set stations

You might be the only person who liked the death run across the map trying to get into the IC from Cyrodiil. F%$#@ing dying when almost there, only to have then run halfway across the map was miserable. Can't believe this change has taken this long
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ic first came out. It was a a huge deal i remember being in there with the guild anthem.

There was so much action. Then a patch or something and nothing.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    When ic first came out. It was a a huge deal i remember being in there with the guild anthem.

There was so much action. Then a patch or something and nothing.

They added the flag capture mechanic and ruined IC since it effectively added 1-2 load screens if you died in a conflict, depending on if you controlled the district or not. It turned the fast paced, non-stop combat of IC into the ghost town we have today
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 19, 2019 7:54PM
    Argonian forever